Tennessee's Top Basketball Rivals

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Let's come up with a ranking of Tennessee's main basketball rivals. There will be multiple rounds. First one will be the nomination stage. After that we will vote for the biggest rival, then the 2nd, and so on until we whittle through the list and have a definitive ranking.

Off the top of my head I would list the obvious:
UK
Vandy
Florida
Memphis

Any others?

I hate Memphis more than any other school bc I lived in Memphis for so long and put up with their fans constantly. Only good thing that has ever come out of that school is D Rose :)

Memphis fans are what make the rivalry. Most fan bases that every encounter them agree they are generally the most annoying fans out there.

Most hated bb schools for me is
#1 KY
#2 Ohio State

Even though we haven't played them that much ... there is some extremely bad blood between the two. Would love to get them back on the schedule.

Most hated bb schools for me is
#1 KY
#2 Ohio State

Even though we haven't played them that much ... there is some extremely bad blood between the two. Would love to get them back on the schedule.

We've played OSU a few times over the past 5 years. They were all great games. Add to the fact that Matta stole our recruit and ratted Pearl out... I think they probably deserve a spot on the list.

Living right in the heart of BBN, UK is our biggest rival for me. UK fans are the most obnoxious fans there are and it's hard to believe Memphis fans could top them. Louisville beat UK because of the refs just incase anyone wondered....that's all I heard from the idiots. Oh and because they are "young". They are young every year because that's how Cal recruits.

Ohio State somewhat... He turned Pearl in after he got a little upset about that sweet sixteen game.

We've played OSU a few times over the past 5 years. They were all great games. Add to the fact that Matta stole our recruit and ratted Pearl out... I think they probably deserve a spot on the list.

Would be a dream come true to have Craft and Matta have to play in TBA next year.

Check my avi and fav team that's the only reason D Rose is the only thing to come out to me. That being said, yes their fans are the absolute worst. Cocky. And they like Memphis in basketball but they tend to like someone else in football from what I've seen from living here

Check my avi and fav team that's the only reason D Rose is the only thing to come out to me. That being said, yes their fans are the absolute worst. Cocky. And they like Memphis in basketball but they tend to like someone else in football from what I've seen from living here

Memphis would be a borderline Top 25 1AA team. Chattanooga is better.

UT Martin is better than tiger high in football. So are Carson Newman and Maryville (HS and College). I would say Whitehaven would beat tiger high like a red headed step child.

Texas was a good series a few years ago (home and home plus the neutral site game IIRC in NYC).

Last edited:
UT Martin is better than tiger high in football. So are Carson Newman and Maryville (HS and College). I would say Whitehaven would beat tiger high like a red headed step child.

Texas was a good series a few years ago (home and home plus the neutral site game IIRC in NYC).

Considering Memphis actually beat Martin this year, I'd have to disagree. But that's a pretty low bar.

*cough* MC *cough* I need a cough drop guys sorry about that.

VN Store

Back