Tennessee's Top Basketball Rivals

1.) Kentucky
Obvious reasons. We couldn't beat this team by enough points to make me happy. 1,000 to 1 would feel good but it's still not enough. I can't stand the Wildcats, never will and wish they would lose every single game they played. I can't stand Cal or their cocky fanbase. I don't even like KFC because of the name. #1 and it's not even close!!!!
2.) Memphis
3.)Vandy
4.) Florida

Any school mentioned that is not either Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Memphis, or Florida is simply incorrect.

If Oakland would have pulled off the 3-peat, I don't think I would have had a problem adding them ;)

Memphis fans are what make the rivalry. Most fan bases that every encounter them agree they are generally the most annoying fans out there.

They're ridiculous, and forget talking football with them because 90% of the time they're bandwagon florida/bama/arkansas fans. I know several who alternate between that group based on who's having the better season.

Far and away my favorite rivalry, though. I watched the infamous #1 vs. #2 game with about 30 memphis fans. I can't tell you how great it felt to finally have something basketball related to hold over their heads.

Thank God Pastner didn't get his way. Would've been bad for both teams.

They're ridiculous, and forget talking football with them because 90% of the time they're bandwagon florida/bama/arkansas fans. I know several who alternate between that group based on who's having the better season.

Far and away my favorite rivalry, though. I watched the infamous #1 vs. #2 game with about 30 memphis fans. I can't tell you how great it felt to finally have something basketball related to hold over their heads.

Thank God Pastner didn't get his way. Would've been bad for both teams.

Most I know are Arkansas fans.

Yes, that 1 vs. 2 game was epic. How many times does that happen outside of the state of Carolina? It's a good thing for college basketball in general, but if Calipari had his way it would never have happened. Pastner is carrying the torch

1. KY . Not even close. And keep in mind that Tennessee has beaten Kentucky in basketball way more than any other school has.
2. Florida. Like in football Florida used to be horrible at BB. Now that they're good they STILL can't beat Tennessee!
3. Vandy. Couldn't hate a school anymore than I hate Vandy!
4. Memphis. Ahhh, little Tiger High thinks they're good at something. How cute!!
5. Alabama. Because they're Alabama. It's a privilege and an obligation as a Tennessean to hate any & everything Alabama!

1. Vandy
2. UK
3. Memphis
4. UF

I know a couple UF fans who consider us their #1 rival in basketball.

1. Kentucky
2. Memphis
3. Vandy
4. Florida

Any Memphis fan that tells you that the Tennessee game is not important is talking out of his or her you know what.

But Pastner said Louisville is their main rival. :eek:lol:

Facepalm.gif

I absolutely love owning Billy D at gaytorland.....that is my favorite.

Every time he sees the orange....he looks all sweaty and nervous...it is great! :)

YIKES. My bad

Ha, it is a little known fact about a little known and really crappy program that even tiger high fans try to ignore and pretend it does not exist (tiger high fans allow one notable exception to this rule... when they are arguing about why their patsy basketball coach desperately wants to drop a basketball series and his AD boss basically tells him to STFU).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back