'13 MS S Antonio Connor

Let him stay in-state. Pairing him up with Landon Collins for Bama in the future is sick.

Alot of UA people feel good about UA's chances but until I see him sign or any kid sign from SPHS out of state, I will never believe to happen. But he is and has been the top target for UA. It does seem though that MSU may have the inside track over Ole Miss for this one.

Current top 4(in no order): Bama, State, OM, LSU

His recruitment seems similar to Richie Brown, in that it's been incredibly quiet and hard to read up until this point. He won't be deciding until the UA All-American game at the soonest, so there will be plenty of time for speculation between now and then.

Current top 4(in no order): Bama, State, OM, LSU

His recruitment seems similar to Richie Brown, in that it's been incredibly quiet and hard to read up until this point. He won't be deciding until the UA All-American game at the soonest, so there will be plenty of time for speculation between now and then.

Word is he keeps it silent for fear of pressure from Ole Miss people(boosters and alum). Seems they run the area. I do thik UA has a legit shot but I think MSU is the team to beat. I only think Ole Miss is mentioned because of SPHS.FWIW

Word is he keeps it silent for fear of pressure from Ole Miss people(boosters and alum). Seems they run the area. I do thik UA has a legit shot but I think MSU is the team to beat. I only think Ole Miss is mentioned because of SPHS.FWIW

Anywhere between Memphis, Batesville, and Tupelo is all Ole Miss people. They run that area. I know there is a strong UT presence in Memphis, but there are Ole Miss people EVERYWHERE.

Exactly. Glad your the one that said it. The quieter it stays, the better it is for the rest of us IMO...

It's really hard to see him signing with OM to have Dave Wommack(who has been fired how many times in FBS?) be his DC/Position Coach...

That said, I'll never doubt OM's ability to pull a player from that area, regardless of how things look at a given time.

Friend in Batesville told me last night that Bama has cooled on Conner due to numbers and may not take his commit whether V. Bell commits to Bama or not. Said he at some point was contacted last week by Coach Thigpin. Says he had most of his eggs in Bama or MSU basket but is basically starting over.... Good news I think....just passing this along...

Think a 4* Rivals..did't know much about him until conversation yesterday. New coaching staff has him interested so I was told....

Think a 4* Rivals..did't know much about him until conversation yesterday. New coaching staff has him interested so I was told....

Believe me this kid is a supposed to be a 5 star. He dominated Hoover High School last year when came to Alabama for an early season matchup. He single handedly was keeping South Panola in the game playing both ways. He's a special player and hitter on defense.

If schools were smart, they would just avoid all South Panola kids.

Neither of the two legit prospects in this class are what you would call prototypical "South Panola kids"... both have excellent grades and seem to be very high-character guys.

That said, I would be absolutely shocked at this point if Conner doesn't end up at Ole Miss. We are hearing that it's OM/Alabama from the MSU angle. We are back in it a bit after the MS/Ala All-Star game, where he played with 9 MSU commits, 1 MSU lean(Shumpert), and only 1 OM commit(Derrick Jones who openly admits wanting to be at MSU but still has no offer). Obviously, that week was always going to help us. How much is yet to be seen...

Neither of the two legit prospects in this class are what you would call prototypical "South Panola kids"... both have excellent grades and seem to be very high-character guys.

That said, I would be absolutely shocked at this point if Conner doesn't end up at Ole Miss. We are hearing that it's OM/Alabama from the MSU angle. We are back in it a bit after the MS/Ala All-Star game, where he played with 9 MSU commits, 1 MSU lean(Shumpert), and only 1 OM commit(Derrick Jones who openly admits wanting to be at MSU but still has no offer). Obviously, that week was always going to help us. How much is yet to be seen...

Of course they have good grades... they go to South Panola. Bet they have high ACT scores too.

Of course they have good grades... they go to South Panola. Bet they have high ACT scores too.

You haven't been following South Panola for very long, I see. Long, LONG list of nonqualifiers that were every bit as highly recruited as Tony Conner is. It was bad enough for years that many schools almost stopped recruiting there.

It's an injustice to even compare these two guys to some of the previous ones to come through there. Period. Both are intelligent, hard-working guys.

A lot of the kids at South Panola don't qualify often and end up going to Northwest a local community college in senatobia. Which explains why they are so good in their Division. Btw I see him going to Ole Miss TIFWIW

You haven't been following South Panola for very long, I see. Long, LONG list of nonqualifiers that were every bit as highly recruited as Tony Conner is. It was bad enough for years that many schools almost stopped recruiting there.

It's an injustice to even compare these two guys to some of the previous ones to come through there. Period. Both are intelligent, hard-working guys.

No offense, but I know the happenings there more than you or almost anyone else could know unless you work at the school.

Reactions: 1 person
Friend in Batesville told me last night that Bama has cooled on Conner due to numbers and may not take his commit whether V. Bell commits to Bama or not. Said he at some point was contacted last week by Coach Thigpin. Says he had most of his eggs in Bama or MSU basket but is basically starting over.... Good news I think....just passing this along...

This info is all wrong. UA has not cooled on Conner and he is a definite take. #1 on our board above all others at S. Plus we are recruiting Bell as a CB so they do not affect the other.

Even though he can not have contact with any staff is is taking 3 OVs over Christmas break. To Ole Miss, MSU, and UA. He is set to announce at the Under Armor game Jan 4th.

This kid when end up at Ole Miss. And all the info I posted is directly quoted from Conner in the last week. FWIW

VN Store

Back