Jones Staff

Kevin steele, Randy Shannon, Ron zook. Would be good choices as defensive cordinator.

What about

OC - Kliff Kingsbury
DC - Randy Shannon
OL - Sam Pittman
DL - Marion Hobby
WR - Tee Martin
ST/TE - Someone who knows how to teach a kicker to kick.
DB - Ron Zook
QB - Hinshaw
RB - Jay Graham
LB - Kevin Steele

Yeah, I know....I'm dreaming.

Just jumping in here siap but keeping Chaney , Graham and Pittman would help out alot...

Stability on offense with these guys returning would be great!

Oh and bring back Sweet Tee!!!
I agree. Keeping Chaney, Pittman and Graham would allow him to keep momentum going forward on the offensive side of the ball. Jones can sit down with Chaney to modify the playbook and tweak it to suit his style of offense.

I agree. I don't see JC meshing with CBJ style... I think JC needs to apply for the Cincy job actually. What CBJ needs is a bigtime recruit like Woulard to commit. That may start some fireworks, then announcements for the assistants could generate alot of national attention.
Woulard didn't get an offer from this staff. That was largely because they already had a commit from Riley Ferguson (whom I expect BJ to keep). However, I would think CBJ would want to take 2 QB's in this class, in order to solidify the QB roster. Bray is likely to leave and you only have 2 QB's currently. A new coach would do well to hedge his bets at that position, more than any other.

I've been a big Woulard fan, and hope that BJ would extend an offer to him, too...like he did at UC.

Fwiw
Graham retained, Pittman out and working on getting Mr. Tamauris Martin. Oh and Sunseri fired.

What about

OC - Kliff Kingsbury
DC - Randy Shannon
OL - Sam Pittman
DL - Marion Hobby
WR - Tee Martin
ST/TE - Someone who knows how to teach a kicker to kick.
DB - Ron Zook
QB - Hinshaw
RB - Jay Graham
LB - Kevin Steele

Yeah, I know....I'm dreaming.
That would be a Great staff.

Reactions: 2 people
The one consistent thing on all of your projected lists that I agree with...no Sunseri. Who will hire that goof? Shallow Sal wants a gal!

OL coach is very important in a system. Wr's and Rb's coaches generally have the same duties in every system. Pittman was a hoss though, sucks losing him.

I say let Butch bring in his guys if he wants, that press conference question about Tee Martin yesterday was terrible.

That being said, he wants to bring in Al Haynesworth as coordinator of the VFL program. Boats and ho's!

Reactions: 1 person
Blocking schemes incredibly important in Jones' offense. I'd much rather he have his own guy even if Pittman did an honorable job.

S&C is a key hire as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jay Graham is the only current coach retained.

Reactions: 2 people
I noticed that Cincinnati did not name Jones' OC nor DC as their interim HC. Usually this means they expect the OC/DC to follow the HC.

The DC was once a linebacker coach at Georgia for five years ('05-'09). Does anyone know anything about him other than what's on his bio?

John Jancek Profile - GoBEARCATS.com - The Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati

Also, looks like the OC came with Jones from Central Michigan to Cincinnati and, before that, had a low level position on the Bears last Superbowl team.

Mike Bajakian Profile - GoBEARCATS.com - The Official Athletics Website of the University of Cincinnati

Stripling was the assistant head coach. Seems like a logic choice.

I'd want Butch to bring his offensive coordinator, his sc coach, his offensive line coach, and I wouldn't mind elder or jancek. He needs to make the other positions elite coaches like Jay Graham.

Blocking schemes incredibly important in Jones' offense. I'd much rather he have his own guy even if Pittman did an honorable job.

S&C is a key hire as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jay Graham is the only current coach retained.

good post Freep. wonder how important his OC is.

I'd want Butch to bring his offensive coordinator, his sc coach, his offensive line coach, and I wouldn't mind elder or jancek. He needs to make the other positions elite coaches like Jay Graham.

wonder how much recruiting ability we would be giving up to retain those guys.

VN Store

Back