Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you can come in and waller in our misery with us.

No, I wouldn't stoop that low. I've been here since '08. I started on Volnation when I was traveling to K'ville twice a month on business. I have respect for UT and all other SEC schools as I work with athletic depts. Great conference!

UT fans have to understand that 1) this was the best hire possible, given the circumstances 2) Jones is not a bad HC. I won't name all of the high-profile prospects, but most wanted more guarantees than UT could afford. It was very easy for their current employers to compete. And, despite the 2 million posts to the contrary, JG was NEVER in play for UT or any other college job The school made an inquiry and his agent fairly quickly responded. Anything else was pure conjecture. Jones is a solid HC who can restore UT football. But I don't know if UT fans will have the patience that it takes for him to do so. This is by far the toughest conference in the land and, given the fact that UT has to go out-of-state a great deal for recruits, a Vol HC has an even bigger challenge than some other schools. Hart made the best hire he could under the circumstances. If UT fans want to point blame for the current situation, look west........far west.

Ok dissappointed i really am. Yes my blood runs orange and i am a VFL. I followed this thread till the end and sopport i will with tongue and Cheek as this hire broke my Hart. I hope he can get a staff in here because i fear for our recruiting classes. Might be back here in 3 years.
I bet we are not looking for a coach in 3 years. We are not gonna be able to afford yet another buyout.

Sure you say that now, but if Gruden had been hired you woulda been on here with your "I told you so's".

Hell every time someone disagreed with one of the OGs everyone in here got in a tissy fit and told that poster to get out or shut up.

Now things didn't go your way you just want everyone to move on. Ya'll can dish it but ya'll sure as hell can't take it

No. I would have welcomed my fellow VFL's with open arms.

Take it? take what? We got a new coach, he might be a great hire. So some were wrong about who it was, big deal.

Please stop trying to rub your fellow Vol fans in it. You're being a douche.

Save that acrimony for Alabama and the rest of our opponents...

Clay Travis ‏@ClayTravisBGID
Butch Jones has a better college resume than any UT coach hired since Johnny Majors at UT. 50-27 as head coach.

It is painfully obvious that this hire sends a message to all of college football:

UT is not serious about playing football in the SEC

I don't blame Butch Jones

I blame UT, BOT and the Boosters for allowing this to happen to our once proud and storied program. UT has hired the worst AD's the past 2 times that has zero passion about athletics but 100% passionate on upgrades to buildings and scholar athletes. Like it has been said about Cheek raising the bar on entry for student athletes makes no sense. 500 to 700 student athletes is not going to have that large of an impact on overall GPA for the students at UT.

100% THIS!

Unfortunately Butch Jones has no clue what he's about to get himself into.

It's like giving a tank to a 15 year old.

Hart going rogue and getting the first shot in before the Gruden thing became public is what happened. That is the reason for the sudden urgency to hire Butch Jones instead of exploring more options. Hart needs to be dealt with.

Do you know this for a fact or are you speculating? You're saying that Gruden thought he would be coaching here next year???

Don't lose your faith Grudenites. I have heard from reliable sources that this is all still part of Hart's plan to announce the Gruden hire. Butch Jones is being paid a nice sum of cash by UT to take the job for a few weeks and then step down for undisclosed reasons. At this point, MNF will be over and Gruden will come to the rescue and be announced as our next head coach. Cinci will then rehire Jones after Hart sends them a nice donation. This was done bc Hart knew the fan base was getting restless so he needed a stopgap for a few weeks...that stopgap is Jones. In the meantime, Vic Grider is on the recruiting trail and letting out recruits know what is really up. Hart is a genius and it will be epic the way this will all play out!

What are you trying to accomplish?

No, I wouldn't stoop that low. I've been here since '08. I started on Volnation when I was traveling to K'ville twice a month on business. I have respect for UT and all other SEC schools as I work with athletic depts. Great conference!

UT fans have to understand that 1) this was the best hire possible, given the circumstances 2) Jones is not a bad HC. I won't name all of the high-profile prospects, but most wanted more guarantees than UT could afford. It was very easy for their current employers to compete. And, despite the 2 million posts to the contrary, JG was NEVER in play for UT or any other college job The school made an inquiry and his agent fairly quickly responded. Anything else was pure conjecture. Jones is a solid HC who can restore UT football. But I don't know if UT fans will have the patience that it takes for him to do so. This is by far the toughest conference in the land and, given the fact that UT has to go out-of-state a great deal for recruits, a Vol HC has an even bigger challenge than some other schools. Hart made the best hire he could under the circumstances. If UT fans want to point blame for the current situation, look west........far west.
Kiffin? :dry:

I can take it. I've been here all morning, apologizing and taking my medicine.

Have at it.

I figured you would Boro. Not calling you out specifically. In fact, if you don't recall yesterday I stated that you had every reason to talk shyt if you were right and every reason to take it if you were wrong.

I was referring to the ones getting defensive and not man-ing up.

+1 to you for being a man and taking it.

It's done so either get on board or don't. No one is thrilled, except Mr. Jones of course, but time to move on and give him our support. Doesn't mean we have to support the ones that got us in this mess, it's obvious Cheek needs to gtfo, and soon. I hope Coach Jones proves he is deserving of this opportunity and hope after the shock and disappointment we can get behind him and our team.

Dude you were spewing garbage and lies for how many months? I knew it and called you out. You are in ZERO position to even remotely try to come at me with anything. In fact I'm shocked you're even responding to me. We'll never mind. I'm actually not surprised.

You shouldn't be. I told you all along is be here no matter what.

Nothing I said was a lie. In the end it doesn't matter, because the outcome was not what I said it would be. The details are inconsequential.

You should be happy....that woody you've had going for me wasn't for nothing after all.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back