Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't lose your faith Grudenites. I have heard from reliable sources that this is all still part of Hart's plan to announce the Gruden hire. Butch Jones is being paid a nice sum of cash by UT to take the job for a few weeks and then step down for undisclosed reasons. At this point, MNF will be over and Gruden will come to the rescue and be announced as our next head coach. Cinci will then rehire Jones after Hart sends them a nice donation. This was done bc Hart knew the fan base was getting restless so he needed a stopgap for a few weeks...that stopgap is Jones. In the meantime, Vic Grider is on the recruiting trail and letting out recruits know what is really up. Hart is a genius and it will be epic the way this will all play out!

Oh THANK GOODNESS!!! I'm so glad you're here to set it straight tenn84.

Move on? Hmmm that's weird cause a couple of dudes were coming here and saying, "!!!!!!!" or "just wait n see" or "we landed the big fish" just to get all our hopes up. So when sh!t hits the fan and we find out they were dead wrong/bold face lying we just move on. Ok.

Cheek handcuffed Hart through the entire process.

Even going as far as doing his own interviews.

Fire this clown!!!!!!

I did find this very odd when I heard that HE had met with Strong. I had my concerns when he was first introduced as the new Chancellor when I found out he was from UF. Apparently the concerns were warranted.

Obviously they were wrong.

Move on.

Jesus.

Sure you say that now, but if Gruden had been hired you woulda been on here with your "I told you so's".

Hell every time someone disagreed with one of the OGs everyone in here got in a tissy fit and told that poster to get out or shut up.

Now things didn't go your way you just want everyone to move on. Ya'll can dish it but ya'll sure as hell can't take it

Reactions: 1 person
Well, at least I no longer have to listen to Knoxville sports radio anymore. Awful.

Not that there is anyone left that cares, but for what it's worth, Jimmy Hyams was right all along.

Don't lose your faith Grudenites. I have heard from reliable sources that this is all still part of Hart's plan to announce the Gruden hire. Butch Jones is being paid a nice sum of cash by UT to take the job for a few weeks and then step down for undisclosed reasons. At this point, MNF will be over and Gruden will come to the rescue and be announced as our next head coach. Cinci will then rehire Jones after Hart sends them a nice donation. This was done bc Hart knew the fan base was getting restless so he needed a stopgap for a few weeks...that stopgap is Jones. In the meantime, Vic Grider is on the recruiting trail and letting out recruits know what is really up. Hart is a genius and it will be epic the way this will all play out!

While we would all like to believe this to be the case, we're a bit gun shy of people crying wolf.

I was not set out on getting Gruden. I was hoping our AD would be stubborn and continue to go after Gruden like Bama was to Saban. But, if Gruden said no there are still plenty of good coaches out there that could bring excitement and boost the program. Butch Jones was not the type of hire. Hart embarassed the university and decided to go all the way down the college ranks until someone said yes. He could have easliy waited and not rushed. Continue to woo Gruden and other NFL coaches who were interested in UT and could of came out looking like genius. Instead we settled for mediocrity.

Ok dissappointed i really am. Yes my blood runs orange and i am a VFL. I followed this thread till the end and sopport i will with tongue and Cheek as this hire broke my Hart. I hope he can get a staff in here because i fear for our recruiting classes. Might be back here in 3 years.

Paul, Hart went totally rogue!

He basically gave booster a big FU. and after everyone went to bed he did a sneak attack and offered Jones!!!

I wonder if you know what I know about what hart said to boosters recently?

Are you serious? Tell us what he said, pretty please.

No. I was man enough to apologize for that. I see you're not man enough to forgive it.

Color me shocked.

Dude you were spewing garbage and lies for how many months? I knew it and called you out. You are in ZERO position to even remotely try to come at me with anything. In fact I'm shocked you're even responding to me. We'll never mind. I'm actually not surprised.

Reactions: 2 people
It is painfully obvious that this hire sends a message to all of college football:

UT is not serious about playing football in the SEC

I don't blame Butch Jones

I blame UT, BOT and the Boosters for allowing this to happen to our once proud and storied program. UT has hired the worst AD's the past 2 times that has zero passion about athletics but 100% passionate on upgrades to buildings and scholar athletes. Like it has been said about Cheek raising the bar on entry for student athletes makes no sense. 500 to 700 student athletes is not going to have that large of an impact on overall GPA for the students at UT.

He has a winning record has 4 conference titles and 5 bowl appearances.....that's a hell of a lot better than Dooley

The best teams he ever beat were Michigan St., Louisville, and Vanderbilt.

So you can suck on your phony conference titles and bowl appearances.

Sure you say that now, but if Gruden had been hired you woulda been on here with your "I told you so's".

Hell every time someone disagreed with one of the OGs everyone in here got in a tissy fit and told that poster to get out or shut up.

Now things didn't go your way you just want everyone to move on. Ya'll can dish it but ya'll sure as hell can't take it
I can take it. I've been here all morning, apologizing and taking my medicine.

Have at it.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm trying to find some positives in this hire and this is the best I've come up with so far:

1. BJ provides continuity: Like Dooley, he has never defeated a team that ended the season in the Top 25

2. He actually beat Vandy

3. He will be right at home playing home games in front of crowds of 35,000.

I want to know about Gena. Apparently she was moved to another school. I wonder if that is what the visit was about.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back