Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Gruden will be announced in the next 24 hours.

I know you don't like to break things down with long responses, which I fully understand if you don't want to reveal where you're getting your information from.

I just HAVE to ask:

The illusion being presented is that we are very much in fact in a bidding war with Louisville for Strong. If Gruden was the target, and has been the whole time, how are we even at this point with another candidate?

Or is even the appearance of a bidding war a smokescreen? Too many questions and not enough answers at this point.

Jon Gruden will be announced in the next 24 hours.

dr-phil.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
Why are we in a bidding war with UL over Strong? I like Strong, but he either wants to be here or he doesn't. Either Gruden has been in play all along, or we just need to go get Tressel and get this done with.

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams
2 sources told me charlie strong told UT he's staying at louisville but UT has come back with huge counter. Strong to talk to team thurs am

if tn was throwing huge amounts of money around i dont see it for strong.hes not worth 3 mil let alone 4+

@McMurphyESPN
Strong told Cards in team meeting Wed he'd make decision "that is best for program." Tennessee offered $3.5M/yr, UL redoing contract

Who's on this plane? Gruden?

Why the hell is he in Cali?

The server going down has me all kinds of confused.

WHo was it who first posted about it going to look bad and then someone would come in and save it at last moment????

If we pay $4Mil to Strong it will be a bigger F up than when Dooley was hired. It's like shopping at Walmart with a Platinum American Express Card!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
LOL... I like to believe we are not... We are costing a lot of other universities a lot of money handing out raises to their coaches to "keep" them... In the meantime, we are biding our time for the right time to announce... COACH JON GRUDEN!! :dance2:

I still dont get the secrecy, but if you needed to do it, I'm sure Gundy and Strong didn't mind getting the raise.

I know you don't like to break things down with long responses, which I fully understand if you don't want to reveal where you're getting your information from.

I just HAVE to ask:

The illusion being presented is that we are very much in fact in a bidding war with Louisville for Strong. If Gruden was the target, and has been the whole time, how are we even at this point with another candidate?

Or is even the appearance of a bidding war a smokescreen? Too many questions and not enough answers at this point.

I've been wondering the same thing. What if he says yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back