Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham and Pittman both wil get a serious shot at retention. Without them, what little is left to salvage of our recruiting class disappears. Not to mention, Pittman does a lot with very little talent. Not a ton of sacks given up this year.

So was Gruden in LA?

That looks like LA to Knoxville.

I'm lost. :( Fill me in guys.

I think they are saying that ex Vol and current Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie closed this deal with Gruden for us and he is flying in for the PC...

Ive been lurking since Gruden II and this is my first post ever, on any forum. I just enjoy reading and have never really felt like I had anything to add until yesterday. I just got validated to post today. I dont want to claim that I have any inside contacts or info, I just want to share an interesting conversation. I work with a guy in northwest Bama that was a graduate assistant at Bama until he graduated and joined our company last year. He still works for them on recruiting strategies and databases which was his area as a GA and I reckon was pretty good at it. Yeah he wears a nc ring everyday, says they match everything. Most of you probably have no idea how horrible it is to live in southern TN and work in northern AL. Anyways, other than this guy being from Bama he is a good guy and has become a good friend over the last year. Yesterday on our way to lunch he started giving the normal crap about another nc for Bama and I laughed and said "Just wait till Gruden gets here and we'll put a stop to that." His reply is what surprised me. He said "I know, I still cant believe yall actually got him." I told him I was just kidding but I wish it were true and he said "It is true." Naturally I called BS and he said that him and a few others in recruiting were told by Bama they needed them to start work on a strategy to offset the splash on the recruiting trail. I ask if this was something they normally do and he said they develop regional tactics against certain coaches that are doing better in a particular region but in the six years that he had been involved they had never worked on anything on a national level based on one coach. Just thought I would share it for what its worth

OK. So you're saying Bama KNOWS we have Gruden, but we dont know... um... OK, sure. :good!:

Ive been lurking since Gruden II and this is my first post ever, on any forum. I just enjoy reading and have never really felt like I had anything to add until yesterday. I just got validated to post today. I dont want to claim that I have any inside contacts or info, I just want to share an interesting conversation. I work with a guy in northwest Bama that was a graduate assistant at Bama until he graduated and joined our company last year. He still works for them on recruiting strategies and databases which was his area as a GA and I reckon was pretty good at it. Yeah he wears a nc ring everyday, says they match everything. Most of you probably have no idea how horrible it is to live in southern TN and work in northern AL. Anyways, other than this guy being from Bama he is a good guy and has become a good friend over the last year. Yesterday on our way to lunch he started giving the normal crap about another nc for Bama and I laughed and said "Just wait till Gruden gets here and we'll put a stop to that." His reply is what surprised me. He said "I know, I still cant believe yall actually got him." I told him I was just kidding but I wish it were true and he said "It is true." Naturally I called BS and he said that him and a few others in recruiting were told by Bama they needed them to start work on a strategy to offset the splash on the recruiting trail. I ask if this was something they normally do and he said they develop regional tactics against certain coaches that are doing better in a particular region but in the six years that he had been involved they had never worked on anything on a national level based on one coach. Just thought I would share it for what its worth

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that flight is accurate, it appeared to be from LA, and would be carrying an assistant WR coach maybe.

QB coach. Tee Martin is at USC and has been contacted by Gruden.
If we believe reports, Cris Carter is the prospective WR coach, and he doesn't live or do studio work in LA.

The last time the servers kicked me off like that was just as news broke about Kiffin leaving town.......... WHAT HAPPENED...ANYBODY KNOW?

So why is this any different from when we all prematurley egrudenated last time?

yuno.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back