Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

what.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
So if Gundy and Strong turn us down tomorrow, how in the heck do we delay until MNF is over? Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Woul be a miserable couple of weeks, but AD just leaks to Hubbs and the boys that they are waiting for a coach in NFL or a bowl game coach and they have the guy but respecting his wish to coach out season with team. Then people pay $10 a month to hear Hubbs say he has no clue what is going on. (haha, I like Hubbs, just kidding)

Reactions: 1 person
One of my regulars comes into the bar last night with a guy I've never met before. They are both UT fans and we start the usual "who's gonna be the new coach?" conversation. We talked about Strong and Gundy for a little while and right before they leave the guy who I just met says that he is privy to some Gruden info. He proceeds to tell me that UT has a big booster who used to be in the railroad business (Norfolk Southern I think he said), but now the guy owns his own alarm company or security company (anybody have any idea who that would be?). Anyway, the guy tells me that he was in the room when his boss, who is friends with the unknown booster, is on a speaker phone call with said booster. This was Friday or Saturday, after the Gruden **** storm went down. The booster tells his boss that Gruden is still in fact coming. That the money for assistants isn't a problem because the boosters, himself included, have agreed to pay whatever is necessary. He then says that Gruden wants to finish out MNF and that after that he will in fact be our next coach.

Again, I don't know this guy at all. I really don't know why he would make this up, considering he brought up Gruden, not me. But there it is. Take it with a grain of salt.

I hope he is right, my only question would be why would he engage in a conversation about Strong and Gundy instead of just saying that when the topic of the coaching search came up.

do 2 twitters make a twat?
Inquiring minds want to know...

if so,I'll sign up for a few accounts...

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Woul be a miserable couple of weeks, but AD just leaks to Hubbs and the boys that they are waiting for a coach in NFL or a bowl game coach and they have the guy but respecting his wish to coach out season with team. Then people pay $10 a month to hear Hubbs say he has no clue what is going on. (haha, I like Hubbs, just kidding)

I think that 1) you are exactly right and 2) you're the only person to ever defend Hubbs here

Liper,

The second you come back with more info regarding Gruden being the man, I will re-up my season tickets :)

I trust you for some reason...Might be the avatar!

Everytime he posts something, I invision Burt is the one saying it...:eek:lol:

And that means... in the end, if Gruden does sign, Hart is the hero. I hate to say it, but all of these little hints dropped by the OG's for weeks seem to be playing out. In my rational mind, Hart saving the day at this point really seems far fetched, but the narrative sure does have legs.

It would mean that! Pretty amazing really. I am totally speculating here to be clear, but...hell, nothing else makes any sense so I'm grasping at straws.!!!

I keep going back to this [insert beating dead horse emoticon here]... It is nearly unfathomable to me that the JG deal fell out of bed like that given what we had been told and how recently we had been told it. I'm on a pilgrimage for truth here. :)

Big East Coaches who jump to another power conference (Last 10 Years)

Coach A:
Last 3 Years in the Big East
11-1
11-2
10-2
First 3 Years in the (former) Big 10
3-9
5-7
7-6
Fired!

Coach B:
Last 3 Years in Big East
9-3
9-3
9-3
First 3 Years in ACC
5-7
6-7
5-7

Coach C:
Last 3 Years in Big East
8-5
8-5
8-5
First 2 Years in ACC
2-10
4-8
2013 Season will be third year

Coach D:
Last 3 Years in Big East
12-0
12-1
11-2
First 3 Years in ACC
9-3
9-3
7-6
Fired

Coach E:
Big East Last 3 Years
10-3
11-3
12-0
FBS Independent First 3 Years
8-5
8-5
12-0

Charlie Strong
Last 3 Years in Big East?
7-6
7-6
10-2

Only one of these coaches has worked out. NO CHARLIE STRONG

Wow that is really telling!!!

OMG. That is scary!!!

I'm down for the night as well.

I'm in til I'm out. This M'F'cker has been a crazy, stupid, poorly managed, ridiculous, three week ride. I'm staying with the ship til she goes down .... or until Gruden rises up! :)

I hope he is right, my only question would be why would he engage in a conversation about Strong and Gundy instead of just saying that when the topic of the coaching search came up.

Thats what I was wondering too. For whats its worth it was mainly me and the guy that I did know talking about coaches. Then when they are leaving my regular says "Eddie come here, you need to hear this." So I don't know, but thats how it went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back