Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in for Gru-den! I will always root for my Alma mater. However I will make my displeasure known if Hart screws this up... with my wallet. That is the only motivator they understand.

Oh... Anti-grudens, GTFO!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
FWIW- Tony Barnhart said UT waiting until tomorrow morning to announce new coach due to respect for Coach Fulmer tonight not overshadowing his award. Sorry, don't have a link just heard him on the radio.

If it's strong!! Hes not gonna overshadow anything!!!!

Last edited:
I think it's laughable to call anyone with 100+ posts on Volnation not a good fan...especially after the last 5 years.

For those slinging mud already - get used to it if Strong (or an equivalent) is hired.

This fanbase will be divided until Tennessee either makes a SUPER hire or wins the SEC.

If you're not going to support Coach Strong then we won't miss you. No need for bandwagon fans when we're packing the stadium, winning ball games, and on the way to Atlanta.

Dueces.

Oh I'll still be around. UT was around long before our last three coaches and will be around long after Strong gets run in about three years

Reactions: 1 person
If you're not going to support Coach Strong then we won't miss you. No need for bandwagon fans when we're packing the stadium, winning ball games, and on the way to Atlanta.

Dueces.

Who r u? And where did come from. Why dont u mosey on over the strong thread. Your friend rucker is in thrre...

Hiring Strong makes as much sense as faking a punt from your own 20 yard line with two roll over timeouts in your pocket from the last game, that you can never use. $18 million>Charlie Strong.

Last edited:
Les Miles, Will Muschamp, James Franklin, and the majority of CFB coaches wouldn't be able to recruit at UL.

The ONLY two guys that could recruit with the big dogs at UL are Meyer and Saban. Even then, it'd be difficult

I take it you like the idea of Strong...mediocre hire at best, IMO. Most people in KY aren't even aware Louisville has a football program:)

Do you know why he has that number of commits or do you just like talking out of your rear? Louisville has very limited space for this class. Oh yea, and its Louisville.

Keep defending his recruiting... did you look at last year? Middle of the pack in his own conference... way down the list overall...

I'm not saying i wouldn't support him if he came here... i would be right there saying go coach... but to say he is going to come in here and clean house....

BTW if he is hired i hope he does... just a wait and see approach

For all these Strong supporters that are willing to accept this level of hire at THE University of Tennessee.......

Attachments

• 1435sheep_300a.jpg
    1435sheep_300a.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 14 people
I'm sorry, I usually excuse children for their actions simply because they don't know any better, but you're a dumbass.

Any day, I'd take 100 people stepping away from something they don't support versus 1 person that follows everything he's expected to follow; a lemming.

You have a good amount of life ahead of you. Use this opportunity as Step 1 in maturation

I'm not going to step away from a team I've followed for as long as I can remember in my life(23 years old) just because my team didn't hire the guy I wanted them to. I do like Strong, but even if I didn't, I would support him until he gives me reason not to. I will support Hart until he gives me reason not to. I would also support Gruden, Gundy, or whoever else until they gave me reason not to. But I will always support the Tennessee Volunteers. It's much more than individuals running the team, it's the team itself.

If the AD is a failure and the coach is a failure, they will be gotten rid of. What won't leave/be gotten rid of is our team.

Do you guys think ESPN was going to break the Gruden hire but UT told them to hold off because of Fulmer tonight and so because they said they had UT news they just put the retarded Strong leading candidate for UT HC

No. Unfortunately, I think that Hart is probably hiring Strong.

Les Miles, Will Muschamp, James Franklin, and the majority of CFB coaches wouldn't be able to recruit at UL.

The ONLY two guys that could recruit with the big dogs at UL are Meyer and Saban. Even then, it'd be difficult

Wow.

I thought I was good at exaggerating.

I can't blame boro if its true. I will try to back whatever coach coach comes but it will not be easy. I am upset because Cheek an Hart have said that they understand how important athletics are to the fans, the university, and the Knoxville area economy. They said they were committed to bringing championships back to kville. If it is Strong, this will not happen. They will not even be able to win the East much less win the SEC or a NC. We should wind up about 8th or 9th in the sec in recruiting every year. Unless he is some kind of wizard that can take mediocre talent and turn them into first round draft picks, it's gonna be some long seasons. I am gonna hold out hope that this is bogus. If its not, I know an AD that will be looking for a job soon.

Keep defending his recruiting... did you look at last year? Middle of the pack in his own conference... way down the list overall...

I'm not saying i wouldn't support him if he came here... i would be right there saying go coach... but to say he is going to come in here and clean house....

BTW if he is hired i hope he does... just a wait and see approach

....wait and see us at the bottom of the SEC indefinitely

My three year old when she doesn't get her way, "Well I'm not gonna play any more." (Pout face, stomp, cry)

Bitter Grudenites when they don't get their way "Well I'm not gonna watch them play any more." (Pout face, stomp, cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back