Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where this came from. Someone please clarify.

Earlier this morning Orangeslice13 said his booster source told him a "big announcement" was coming this Thursday but didn't give any further details to OS. Just that a "Big annoucement" was coming this thursday.

I don't think the Mayans accounted for leap years.... the world actually ended several years ago (about the time Dooley was hired)

The Mayans accurately predicted 12/21/12 as the date of the Gruden hire.

We will pay him and his staff $10 million plus lifetime supply of Daper Dan hair gel.

Val Kilmer may or may not be part of Gruden’s staff at UT

Now you are up to date!

I just laughed so loud at these two comments that the entire office just looked at me. Now I gotta go to the boss's office, gonna be in a timeout for a while. Haha. :eek:lol:

Forward
~Gruden 2013~ The Reign of Chucky..

_VFL. G.B.O._
SOON!!!

Why in the heck would UT pay Gundy $4,000,000 plus his $3,000,000 buyout and toss in $3,500,000 for his assistants? or Strong $3,500,000 plus his $2,500,000 buyout and $3,500,00 for staff?

Those numbers make no sense for those coaches resumes. The money it would take to get Gruden is not that much greater than those numbers and Gruden is a freaking home run. Far and away better than Strong or Gundy (by a mile)!

Earlier this morning Orangeslice13 said his booster source told him a "big announcement" was coming this Thursday but didn't give any further details to OS. Just that a "Big annoucement" was coming this thursday.

Thank you, Ron. I can only pop in spoaridcally today as opposed to lurking all day so I appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 person
Why in the heck would UT pay Gundy $4,000,000 plus his $3,000,000 buyout and toss in $3,500,000 for his assistants? or Strong $3,500,000 plus his $2,500,000 buyout and $3,500,00 for staff?

Those numbers make no sense for those coaches resumes. The money it would take to get Gruden is not that much greater than those numbers and Gruden is a freaking home run. Far and away better than Strong or Gundy (by a mile)!

Not that I disagree with you but, in fairness as someone previously pointed out, the buyout is a one-time expense vs salaries which are recurring.

I got no issue with you 'Boro, we're good. Just pointing out that Sparty wasn't blowing smoke.

Neither am I. You would be familiar with the name if the person that was the source of my info.

Sparty and I have disagreed on this point since Gruden Thread I.

Not that I disagree with you but, in fairness as someone previously pointed out, the buyout is a one-time expense vs salaries which are recurring.

yes but Gruden will generate much more revenue than either Strong and Gundy by far!!!

That's what I've been saying all along. I think the coaching search is done and has been done. I mean I think they are legitimately interviewed candidates but it's just a process they have to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back