Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Glock fan.....just personal preference. 9mm is a good choice though. Ammo is inexpensive (comparitively) and there is a wide choice of loads these days. If you like the Glock, and are comfortable with its operation, its a solid choice.

In the 9, I'm a bigger fan of the M&P than the Glocks.

Good morning Grudes!
Had to take a break for a couple of days with my head spinning so fast. So little time, so much information and/or lack of with our hopes and desires of new coach. This whole search has to bbe the strangest I have ever seen. The Gruden shut down seems all to easy as if we were to take things at face value over a couple of minor statements.

I am still confident it is him until he states otherwise.

Buckhead...you got Hotlanta all straight and still keeping them dogs under control

According to Tony B... early on (and yes I know it's Tony)
Hart does not have Gruden his #1 choice, so he was going to do his own search and pick three people to present to the $$$$$ , they would then compare those three against Gruden... and choose the best of all.

If they do this it is obvious Gruden....

One can only hope :crossfingers:

I mean.... from a money perspective, I could see a scenario where Gruden fell to #2.

Let's say hypothetically the dollar per year for Gruden was 10 mil (him and assistants), and you also had to give up more control and have a less favorable buy-out.

You also thought you could get Strong, with assistants, for 5 mil and give up little controls w/ a great buyout clause.

And then Gundy around 6m that fell right in the middle for control/contract stuff.

I can see how Hart would prefer Gundy/Strong from his perspective. From a fan's perspective and not dropping a dollar of my own cash - I want Gruden or Bust.

A Glock 36 is a subcompact in a .45 caliber. Might be a little too small for a .45. Might want to check out the Glock 27 with comes in a .40 caliber and is still subcompact.

For a 9mm, check out Sig Sauer (P226). It also comes in a .40 caliber if that is what you want. Not a subcompact, though. Sigs are great guns. First trigger pull is double action while subsequent trigger pulls are single action. The only downfall is the exposed hammer. If trying to conceal, that can be a problem.

I've had the new Springfield XDs .45 on order for it seems like months. I have a buddy that has his FFL's, you can save a few hundred bucks going that route. I'm a Springfield guy, love all their stuff. Got a XDm .40 that has never been fired.

Maybe after tonight and cfp hall of fame...don't think they would want to rain on his parade....Hart is good at distorting reality I want to get away from it all but can't.. every sense within says it Gruden only choice that makes sense

A Glock 36 is a subcompact in a .45 caliber. Might be a little too small for a .45. Might want to check out the Glock 27 with comes in a .40 caliber and is still subcompact.

For a 9mm, check out Sig Sauer (P226). It also comes in a .40 caliber if that is what you want. Not a subcompact, though. Sigs are great guns. First trigger pull is double action while subsequent trigger pulls are single action. The only downfall is the exposed hammer. If trying to conceal, that can be a problem.

Have yet to meet a Sig that wasn't a picky eater.

A Glock 36 is a subcompactk in a .45 caliber. Might be a little too small for a .45. Might want to check out the Glock 27 with comes in a .40 caliber and is still subcompact.

Yes, I know the 36 is a 45. Great round, much more expensive to buy these days. Also not a round I like in a subcompact.

I have a lot of personal suggestions.....handguns are very personal decisions however. I try not to let my personal preferences cloud the discussion.

Buckhead...you got Hotlanta all straight and still keeping them dogs under control

Hey CP! But of course! All is well in the ATL!

BTW, my chick in Mempho is sticking to her guns regarding Gruden! Has not changed her tone not once. Time well tell and it will be soon!

Hope she and others on here are right!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This is my first post to any forum or chat room or whatever so it's going to be long. Sorry.

I don't know what you all consider a "source",but I believe that the proverbial "smokescreen" is an accurate theory based on a phone conversation with a brother-in-law to a former Vols HC(married to the coach's sister. Not named Kiffin or Dooly!

This man was salesman for a company where i was employed for 6 years. I built a good relationship with him, even to the point of him offering to pay for a college education if i would go back to finish. I say that only show a level of trust and familiarity with one another. Here's how the conversation went after 15 minutes of asking about he and his wife's health and so on.

Me: So what are we to do with our Mighty Vols? We're sinking here.
Him: We have to get a man that will bring top talent. We're losing in state players to our main rivals.
-another line or two concerning talent between us.

Me: What in the world are going to do for a coach?
Him: Well it ain't going to a good one but we'll hear no later than next Mon. Hart is in NY right now at the conference but should be end of this week or next Mon.
Me: I don't see good talent coming without a good one. It is shame we let Gruden fall through like we did.

Him: Uh...yeah...i....i hate to...i can't...I would hate for you to quote me.
Me: Oh....ok.
Him: Buddy boy it was great hearing from you got to go.

That being said I'll tell you this man is never at a loss for words. Unless he's frustrated or nervous or mad. I believe i caught him of guard and he bottled. The call was over less than a minute after the question.

My opinion is that if he knew anything about a coach(not a good one) he would have elaborated if there were no swirling controversy. Furthermore, if the Gruden deal fell through cleanly he would have confirmed whatever story was put out there!

as i said this man is a brother-in-law to former Vols HC and he played football there circa 1970. He knows. SMOKESCREEN!!!!

GRUDEN OR BUST BABY
ROCKY TOP!

Reactions: 5 people
Exactly. Getting back to mediocre seems to be Hart's goal though. Unfortunately not beyond.

I would love to look like a complete idiot for questioning Hart's ability to hire someone fantastic. From this side of the fence, it is not looking good. Prove me wrong, Hart...puh lease prove me wrong

I've had the new Springfield XDs .45 on order for it seems like months. I have a buddy that has his FFL's, you can save a few hundred bucks going that route. I'm a Springfield guy, love all their stuff. Got a XDm .40 that has never been fired.

Springfield's are excellent guns. Can't go wrong with those.

This is my first post to any forum or chat room or whatever so it's going to be long. Sorry.

I don't know what you all consider a "source",but I believe that the proverbial "smokescreen" is an accurate theory based on a phone conversation with a brother-in-law to a former Vols HC(married to the coach's sister. Not named Kiffin or Dooly!

This man was salesman for a company where i was employed for 6 years. I built a good relationship with him, even to the point of him offering to pay for a college education if i would go back to finish. I say that only show a level of trust and familiarity with one another. Here's how the conversation went after 15 minutes of asking about he and his wife's health and so on.

Me: So what are we to do with our Mighty Vols? We're sinking here.
Him: We have to get a man that will bring top talent. We're losing in state players to our main rivals.
-another line or two concerning talent between us.

Me: What in the world are going to do for a coach?
Him: Well it ain't going to a good one but we'll hear no later than next Mon. Hart is in NY right now at the conference but should be end of this week or next Mon.
Me: I don't see good talent coming without a good one. It is shame we let Gruden fall through like we did.

Him: Uh...yeah...i....i hate to...i can't...I would hate for you to quote me.
Me: Oh....ok.
Him: Buddy boy it was great hearing from you got to go.

That being said I'll tell you this man is never at a loss for words. Unless he's frustrated or nervous or mad. I believe i caught him of guard and he bottled. The call was over less than a minute after the question.

My opinion is that if he knew anything about a coach(not a good one) he would have elaborated if there were no swirling controversy. Furthermore, if the Gruden deal fell through cleanly he would have confirmed whatever story was put out there!

as i said this man is a brother-in-law to former Vols HC and he played football there circa 1970. He knows. SMOKESCREEN!!!!

GRUDEN OR BUST BABY
ROCKY TOP!

Welcome. Drink often. I mean, post often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back