Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING VOLS FOOTBALL NEWS --- UT is leaving to meet with coach Just got word from my source and it's being talked about for long. These reports will be released soon.

BOOM! the search is over it seems unless some drastic changes.

UT has made a decision to go after a certain coach and they are planning on leaving tonight so check flight tracker. I know personally 2 people who have left and they both have said Jon Gruden is still a possibility but they are not waiting anymore.

Good or bad move?

Either way UT will be making there move on a new candidate and the consensus is that many people are split on the way they are going about this. Wait for Gruden? Go with Butch Jones? Go after this candidate.

This is going to get heated which is really disappointing to see at UT.

But tonight is the night it seems that UT will be making there big move!

Rucker says that he never said anything about Mora, and he has about 0 interest in coming here.
Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247

I have consistently said from Day 1 that Mora had no interest. RT @ocerla: @wesrucker247 you sure you didnt say anything about Mora?
Expand

SAIP

Rucker never stated anything about Mora interview or a choice from three candidates tomorrow.

Been reading from this site for a couple of years. First post , Im all Vol and was on Gruden train till last week. Hoping we get the coach to get us back to respectability.

Dooley = 3 years of previous head coaching experience.
Strong = 3 years of previous head coaching experience.

Another experiment hire. Didn't Hart say we were going after a proven head coach. Is three years at a Big East School with a 24-13 record and your biggest wins being West Virginia and Cincinnati proving a whole lot? Just thinking out loud.

Keith, you're much smarter than the other Keith on this board.

Well not be disagreeable but I don't think any of those three are 1st tier coaches. I think of 1st tier as Gruden, Saban, Stoops, Chip and Brian Kelly, Carol etc. I agree they may be good coaches but with any of them we are looking at 6-8 years to compete. That's if they are good coaches. They will be lucky to have top 15 recruiting classes in their first few years, which is middle of the pack for the SEC. If they win 7-8 games their first couple of years and show improvement the recruiting could improve and by the third or fourth years their recruiting classes could break the top ten. Those classes will have to be at least sophomores or juniors before they can be expected to contribute. This means 6-8 years before you're challenging for the east.

The alternative is to hire a superstar coach that will land 5 star recruits from day 1. It really reduces the rebuilding time.

If you look at experience and record gundy is close. The other two are definitely second tier. I do think that mora jr. has the potential to be a 1st tier coach. I believe mora can stack up in recruiting to saban, miles, richt, etc better than the other two. If strong is hired i will back him but i dont have a lot of faith that he will take us back to the top.

Originally Posted by VolReporter
My family source confirmed to me about 15 minutes ago (so you know how i'm treating you vol nation to get this out) that someone close to the UT informed them about 2 hours ago that Gruden and ESPN finalized an agreement....

This is huge. Why? Because there is no way Gruden would leave ESPN to go to the NFL as it's not the same as him leaving ESPN College Football to coach in the NCAA.....

Remember NCAA rules would forbid Gruden to take any part in the bowl season.

So my feeling and the many who i'm talking to within the past few minutes is that we are extremely close in acquiring a future star as head coach for the Tennessee Volunteers football team.

I will update you all night long if I hear anything. If you ever watched the NCAA 30 for 30 Kansas Jayhawks. This is exactly the way the support staff, boosters, admin, and personnel actually work together.

And it's happening right now!!!

BELIEVE THIS VOL FANS!

Again not that Knox media is credible or in tune with reality, Hyams said today that had Dooley gone 7-5 Hart was going to try to keep him around for another year "according to his sources within the athletic dept". Likewise TB has said the same thing on numerous occasions (see also Pennington, Hubbs, Rucker). That's off the top of my head as to who I recall saying that.

They are correct. If Dooley had beaten Vandy and Ky, gone to a bowl and won, we would not be in here talking Gruden. Dooley would still be the coach.

BOOM!

It's back.... my source earlier in the evening told me that JG and UT spoke again. UT staff and they are 2 very big and important ones spoke to JG on Saturday and UT themselves today. I can assure you this happened....

My source said JG agent has been causing problems. Not because of the words he has been saying but the tone. JG and his agent are saving face with ESPN per source...

Talking to others they have heard the same thing and believe this is going down just like Saban to Alabama. One told me that it's very difficult to leave NFL or anything connected to NFL because it's very uncomfortable and ESPN may do that to JG. How? I don't know.... What if the deal falls apart and JG goes back to ESPN?

I can tell you this that get ready for some talk cause it's back on.....

I can also tell you that Jimbo Fisher and UT spoke but the committee were higher on Butch Jones.... If JG deals fall through then it's Jones leading the way.

I dont think this person is legit.

Reactions: 1 person
Spot on, man....roflmao

I think it's more complex than that... you know what I think happened? You wanna hear what I think man?

First of all to understand what happened to Gruden, you gotta understand who Gruden the coach was. Now Gruden was born to a three-legged ***** of a mother. He was always ashamed of this, man. And then right after that he's adopted by this man, Bob LaMonte, he's a small time gun runner and a coach promoter. So he puts Gruden into training. They see Gruden's good. He is damn good. But then he had the fight of his life. They pit him against his brother nibbles. And Gruden said "no man that's my brother, I can't fight nibbles" but they made him fight anyway, and Gruden, he killed nibbles. Gruden said "that's it!" he called off all his fights, and he started doing crack, and he freaked out. Then in a rage, he collapsed, and his heart no longer beat. wow.

BOOM!

It's back.... my source earlier in the evening told me that JG and UT spoke again. UT staff and they are 2 very big and important ones spoke to JG on Saturday and UT themselves today. I can assure you this happened....

My source said JG agent has been causing problems. Not because of the words he has been saying but the tone. JG and his agent are saving face with ESPN per source...

Talking to others they have heard the same thing and believe this is going down just like Saban to Alabama. One told me that it's very difficult to leave NFL or anything connected to NFL because it's very uncomfortable and ESPN may do that to JG. How? I don't know.... What if the deal falls apart and JG goes back to ESPN?

I can also tell you that Jimbo Fisher and UT spoke but the committee were higher on Butch Jones.... If JG deals fall through then it's Jones leading the way.

And ESPN may do what to JG?

Anybody seeing this twitter conversation between Rucker and Travis. Apparently somebody posted quotes on VQ from Rucker about Mora having interviewed. Travis reported it and then Rucker denied he ever said anything. Travis then told him about the posts, which Rucker replied, "this whole thing is just so weird"

...soon

BREAKING VOLS FOOTBALL NEWS --- UT is leaving to meet with coach Just got word from my source and it's being talked about for long. These reports will be released soon.

BOOM! the search is over it seems unless some drastic changes.

UT has made a decision to go after a certain coach and they are planning on leaving tonight so check flight tracker. I know personally 2 people who have left and they both have said Jon Gruden is still a possibility but they are not waiting anymore.

Good or bad move?

Either way UT will be making there move on a new candidate and the consensus is that many people are split on the way they are going about this. Wait for Gruden? Go with Butch Jones? Go after this candidate.

This is going to get heated which is really disappointing to see at UT.

But tonight is the night it seems that UT will be making there big move!

Wait for Gruden.....or Go with Butch Jones?

Hm...just like I'm holding out on a PS3 for a turd. That makes sense.

**** it...

Go to Eugene, throw 6 or 7 million a year at Chip and make Oregon and Phil Knight match it.

Everybody wins.

BOOM!

I believe he is accurate, I've been saying the same thing. Although I'm not sure if he got wind about them talking to him again or "going" to be talking to him again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back