Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense to VolReporter, but it sounds like he took the bits and pieces of my long post that he liked, adapted them as his own, but put "inside source" connections to them.

Hey it's now halftime on MNF, and Chris Berman is wearing an orange tie. Maybe Gruden IS coming, and he is bringing Berman to replace Kesling.

BREAKING VOLS FOOTBALL NEWS --- UT is leaving to meet with coach Just got word from my source and it's being talked about for long. These reports will be released soon.

BOOM! the search is over it seems unless some drastic changes.

UT has made a decision to go after a certain coach and they are planning on leaving tonight so check flight tracker. I know personally 2 people who have left and they both have said Jon Gruden is still a possibility but they are not waiting anymore.

Good or bad move?

Either way UT will be making there move on a new candidate and the consensus is that many people are split on the way they are going about this. Wait for Gruden? Go with Butch Jones? Go after this candidate.

This is going to get heated which is really disappointing to see at UT.

But tonight is the night it seems that UT will be making there big move!

...what

Originally Posted by VolReporter
My family source confirmed to me about 15 minutes ago (so you know how i'm treating you vol nation to get this out) that someone close to the UT informed them about 2 hours ago that Gruden and ESPN finalized an agreement....

This is huge. Why? Because there is no way Gruden would leave ESPN to go to the NFL as it's not the same as him leaving ESPN College Football to coach in the NCAA.....

Remember NCAA rules would forbid Gruden to take any part in the bowl season.

So my feeling and the many who i'm talking to within the past few minutes is that we are extremely close in acquiring a future star as head coach for the Tennessee Volunteers football team.

I will update you all night long if I hear anything. If you ever watched the NCAA 30 for 30 Kansas Jayhawks. This is exactly the way the support staff, boosters, admin, and personnel actually work together.

And it's happening right now!!!

BELIEVE THIS VOL FANS!

Someone had too much coffee today!

Anybody seeing this twitter conversation between Rucker and Travis. Apparently somebody posted quotes on VQ from Rucker about Mora having interviewed. Travis reported it and then Rucker denied he ever said anything. Travis then told him about the posts, which Rucker replied, "this whole thing is just so weird"

...soon

I thought that conversation was weird, too. His quotes were posted in our coaching thread, too.

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley = 3 years of previous head coaching experience.
Strong = 3 years of previous head coaching experience.

Another experiment hire. Didn't Hart say we were going after a proven head coach. Is three years at a Big East School with a 24-13 record and your biggest wins being West Virginia and Cincinnati proving a whole lot? Just thinking out loud.

Brian Kelly was 19-16 in his first 3 years at central Mich.

If you look at experience and record gundy is close. The other two are definitely second tier. I do think that mora jr. has the potential to be a 1st tier coach. I believe mora can stack up in recruiting to saban, miles, richt, etc better than the other two. If strong is hired i will back him but i dont have a lot of faith that he will take us back to the top.

I can agree with everything you said with Mora competing with the big boys in the SEC. He may but I would have to see it to believe it.

BREAKING VOLS FOOTBALL NEWS --- UT is leaving to meet with coach Just got word from my source and it's being talked about for long. These reports will be released soon.

BOOM! the search is over it seems unless some drastic changes.

UT has made a decision to go after a certain coach and they are planning on leaving tonight so check flight tracker. I know personally 2 people who have left and they both have said Jon Gruden is still a possibility but they are not waiting anymore.

Good or bad move?

Either way UT will be making there move on a new candidate and the consensus is that many people are split on the way they are going about this. Wait for Gruden? Go with Butch Jones? Go after this candidate.

This is going to get heated which is really disappointing to see at UT.

But tonight is the night it seems that UT will be making there big move!

If this is true, we are prob not gonna be to happy with the outcome.

Reactions: 1 person
BOOM!

It's back.... my source earlier in the evening told me that JG and UT spoke again. UT staff and they are 2 very big and important ones spoke to JG on Saturday and UT themselves today. I can assure you this happened....

My source said JG agent has been causing problems. Not because of the words he has been saying but the tone. JG and his agent are saving face with ESPN per source...

Talking to others they have heard the same thing and believe this is going down just like Saban to Alabama. One told me that it's very difficult to leave NFL or anything connected to NFL because it's very uncomfortable and ESPN may do that to JG. How? I don't know.... What if the deal falls apart and JG goes back to ESPN?

I can tell you this that get ready for some talk cause it's back on.....

I can also tell you that Jimbo Fisher and UT spoke but the committee were higher on Butch Jones.... If JG deals fall through then it's Jones leading the way.

ok we got the info. DELETE HIS POST NOW and code it

Reactions: 2 people
My family source confirmed to me about 15 minutes ago (so you know how i'm treating you vol nation to get this out) that someone close to the UT informed them about 2 hours ago that Gruden and ESPN finalized an agreement....

This is huge. Why? Because there is no way Gruden would leave ESPN to go to the NFL as it's not the same as him leaving ESPN College Football to coach in the NCAA.....

Remember NCAA rules would forbid Gruden to take any part in the bowl season.

So my feeling and the many who i'm talking to within the past few minutes is that we are extremely close in acquiring a future star as head coach for the Tennessee Volunteers football team.

I will update you all night long if I hear anything. If you ever watched the NCAA 30 for 30 Kansas Jayhawks. This is exactly the way the support staff, boosters, admin, and personnel actually work together.

And it's happening right now!!!

BELIEVE THIS VOL FANS!

And to tag along on your post I will add this:

It has been widely reported that Jon was talking to current NFL coaches regarding their interest in "COLLEGE" coaching.

If Jon was planning on getting back to coaching in NFL he could not have this type of contact with current NFL coaches per the league's anti-tampering rules which apply not only to current NFL coached but also to terminated NFL coaches! Additionally it is impermissible to contact current NFL coaches for other NFL jobs during the season and permission must be solicited from the organization.

Goodell would have Jon's head on a platter if he violated these rules!!!

From Hubbs:

I have heard from a couple of places in the last hour or
so that Hart is planning on doing another interview in the morning in
New York.

I don't know for sure who that is at this point. Larry
Fedora is a name you hear, but I can't say for sure that they are going
to talk to him.

So I am trying to find out who the other guy is.

A
decision could come tomorrow or Wednesday. I do believe it will be done
this week. Gundy and Strong are clearly two finalists and we are trying
to see who this third guy is.

I think Strong would take the job
if offered. I'm not sure where Gundy is after interviewing with
Arkansas. I'm not sure he's eliminated Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back