Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Is there a channel that offers a majority of the MLS reg season games? Want to get into it and interested for next year.

Usually NBC Sports and ESPN got a game a week.

Not sure what the TV deal will be for next year. There's three playoff games left right now though, there are two games on Sunday and the championship on Dec 1.

In case you missed Nicky Rimando's playoff performance @ Seattle, this dude is incredible. If you ever wondered why Tim Howard's national team backup is 5' 9"....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFVK1EcNhIg[/youtube]

We need to sure up our mnst's defense if we expect to make any kind of improvements moving forward. Without Howard we would have lost 5-2, if not worse. Lucky to draw that game.

Thought you said 5'9" was generous. :p

Awful timing for the Cup, a week between semifinal legs is too long.

He's listed as 5' 10". I've met him in person twice, and yeah...that's not right. I saw him at a Bourbon House in SLC, and it doesn't seem he's a big fan of the "stop-and-chat" with random fans. LOL

Rooting for Galaxy, just because I think it would be good for the league. Gotta grow this thing.

New York Cosmos picked up Gio Savarese to be the head coach and will be playing their inaugural season starting next year in the NASL, at Hofstra.

St. Louis and North Carolina are still strong contenders, but I have to think that MLS could really take a strong consideration of making the Cosmos the 20th team.

Milo, I'm disappointed, but you'll be happy to know RSL traded Will Johnson to Portland (for cash). Dude is a solid MF, and a high motor guy. Loved watching him play.

Also, RSL sends Olave and Espindola to NY (for cash). NY Red Bull should be ridiculous next year.

Tiny rumor that NY also wants my beloved Juninho. Would be awesome to see him finish his career in the states.

Milo...we are a contradictory of each other....My Favorite EPL team is the Hotspurs(I was ecstatic when they signed Dempsey)....but my Favorite La Liga is Real Madrid(although I thoroughly enjoy watching Barca play, beautiful soccer)....and my Favorite MLS team is.........you guessed it....Seattle Sounders.....lol....but I do love watching them play Portland...there may not be a better atmosphere in sports than when those 2 get together.....

Milo, I'm disappointed, but you'll be happy to know RSL traded Will Johnson to Portland (for cash). Dude is a solid MF, and a high motor guy. Loved watching him play.
I saw that, and liked the pickup. We're getting rid of most of our dead weight, and have picked up allocation money in nearly every deal. Kris Boyd is still under contract, but I still have every reason to believe he'll be shipped. I feel like a big purchase is going to happen this offseason.

Also, a sending off to my favorite Timber of this last season, Eric Brunner. He's the best defender we've had in two seasons and absolutely lethal on corners.

Also his war face:

Timbers.vs_.Chivas082411.CM27.jpg

VN Store

Back