Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Shea has a lot of development ahead of him and he needs to mature but when people ask about "what if America's best athletes played soccer" he's what that could look like.

He's been sought after in Europe which would be fantastic but fc Dallas and mls are asking about $8million which is a bit too tall for a project

Weak result. Played a man up for 60 minutes, and Kreis played it way too close to the vest. 1 point = fail

Shea has a lot of development ahead of him and he needs to mature but when people ask about "what if America's best athletes played soccer" he's what that could look like.

He's been sought after in Europe which would be fantastic but fc Dallas and mls are asking about $8million which is a bit too tall for a project

Yeah, I was really hoping that he would work out with the Gunners when he trained with them. Oh well, it finally seems like our development is kinda coming around like people have been saying it would. Here is to hoping for a successful 2014.

Well see what happens. I don't like that American players still carry a stigma in Europe but it is what it is. If guys like Dempsey and Bradley and kljestan and Cameron can keep playing at a high level, then American talent from mls might become more than value pickups to plug holes.

That is why everybody should be pulling for mls and supporting it by watching games, unrefined as they may be; the product getting better will directly lead to sustained success by the national team.

Brek Shea has not had a good season though, he needs to step it up both for himself and for American soccer.

CHAMPS

11483486-essay.jpg

Real salt lake is still level with herediano in the 69th minute. If they win 1-0 or by 2+ goals, then all four American mls sides will have advanced to the knockout phase. Toronto fc going against santos Laguna tomorrow to try and make it five for five from mls.

Toronto FC v Santos Laguna on tomorrow night but it'll probably be a blowout. Group stage is basically over at this point. Knockout round starts in March

Taking a halfway B squad and drawing the Supporters Sheild winners. Good show lads.

Now time to get rid of the gingerkiwi and blow the roster up

Baker, props to RSL for going into ****tle and getting the draw. Close it out at home. Please, please take them out at home.

I feel pretty good about the match tonight. We've mostly owned Seattle the last few years, especially at home.

United absolutely dodging bullets there. I counted four shots on target in the space of about 20 seconds.

Insane turn of events.

Bill Hamid gets sent off with a somewhat questionable red against Kenny Cooper in the box, sends DC to ten men. Cooper goes to take the penalty, ref calls encroachment, takes it again and the replacement keeper makes the save. Still 0-0, this one's going extra time if somebody doesn't score.

NY just had a man sent off.

DC wins 2-1 on aggregate. New York really was the better team for the most part this match but couldn't capitalize.

VN Store

Back