Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong is who I want to be our coach,= and it really isn't close, but my second guy would be Mora. We just need to make sure he would stay long term and not go to Washington or the NFL.

Hate to change the subject too far from the coaching search, but damn has Brandon Staley earned his keep or what? The Sunday night update from Hubbs is insane (recruiting wise).

Just one tidbit from the update: Staley spent over three hours in the Levenberry household this past week "mending" the UT relationship with the family. EJ will get his official offer this week and Hubbs said this is a huge deal for the family. They are planning a January visit now and Hubbs said this is definitely one to watch.

Reactions: 6 people
Hate to change the subject too far from the coaching search, but damn has Brandon Staley earned his keep or what? The Sunday night update from Hubbs is insane (recruiting wise).

Just one tidbit from the update: Staley spent over three hours in the Levenberry household this past week "mending" the UT relationship with the family. EJ will get his official offer this week and Hubbs said this is a huge deal for the family. They are planning a January visit now and Hubbs said this is definitely one to watch.

Either he is an unreal salesman or he knows whats going on with the coaching search and its making him look good. Either way its very promising.

Also, since when were GAs allowed to travel and recruit?

Either he is an unreal salesman or he knows whats going on with the coaching search and its making him look good. Either way its very promising.

Also, since when were GAs allowed to travel and recruit?

We are down a coach on staff with Dooley's departure, so we can send out GA's.

Sounding like Strong may be offered soon. Louisville has the money, but they would have to pay more than Tennessee to keep him, not just match. Strong wants to be in the sec.

Reactions: 19 people
Sounding like Strong may be offered soon. Louisville has the money, but they would have to pay more than Tennessee to keep him, not just match. Strong wants to be in the sec.

Please God this be true!

Edit: Skeeter will Strong coach the BCS game if he takes the Tennessee job?

Last edited:

I hope this verifies. Read somewhere he contacted UT the minute Dooley was officially terminated. If offered, he should take it I think.

Reactions: 3 people

YES! YES! YES! The only other one I would love to have is Mora. Hart knows that Mora would have to agree to stay for a certain amount of yrs. He can't afford to hire a coach who just stay 2 or 3 yrs. If Mora don't want to agree to several yrs. than bring on Strong he will stay for life. (of course only if he is successful).

Reactions: 1 person
I've asked this before I think but what do you think the chances of a lot of offensive staff staying if strong comes.

Fwiw Ainge is saying he doesn't think there's much of a chance of strong coming.

Mora is very interested in this job. He will never make at ucla what he can make at Tennessee if he does well. He wants to be somewhere that football is #1. UCLA is a BB school first.

Wouldn't he bounce for Washington when that comes open? He has at least said that is his deam job hasn't he?

I hope this verifies. Read somewhere he contacted UT the minute Dooley was officially terminated. If offered, he should take it I think.

Morning Carter:

I woud be shocked if he did not take it if offered, more than I would be if Gruden was announced instead

Hey Skeeter, Jayson Swain made a comment that if Tennessee got Strong, a group of big recruits would come to UT together. Any specualation as to which recruits this could be?

Reactions: 1 person
i want strong or fisher or mora do not want gundy he doesn't even have a decent defense and thats what we need more than anything and fedora heck no i would rather have dabo swinney more than those 2!!!!!!

I think Fisher is just trying to get himself a raise and more control. Not sure i would want fisher myself. The guy has a roster loaded with "5 star" talent and lost to the same NCST team that Dooley beat. Now he gets to play N Illinois in a bcs bowl. N Illinois was 1 of Iowas 4 wins this year, what a joke this game will be.

Hey Skeeter, Jayson Swain made a comment that if Tennessee got Strong, a group of big recruits would come to UT together. Any specualation as to which recruits this could be?

Hatcher, Bell, Quick, North, Green, Wilkins and possibly Ramsey is the chatter. Hurd and TKJR have been rumored to jump on board early too.

Reactions: 24 people
Hatcher, Bell, Quick, North, Green, Wilkins and possibly Ramsey is the chatter. Hurd and TKJR have been rumored to jump on board early too.

That's all I've been asking for in this whole deal, just bring me these players please...if he wanted to try and flip Lawson too I wouldn't be opposed to that either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back