Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisville was a MESS when Strong took over after Kragthorpe.

10-2 impressive even in the Big East - nice win last night with injured QB Teddy B

Steve Kragthorpe (Big East) (2007–2009)
2007 Louisville Cardinals 6-6 3-4 T-5th
2008 Louisville Cardinals 5-7 1-6 T-7th
2009 Louisville Cardinals 4-8 1-6 T-7th
Steve Kragthorpe: 15-21 5-16

Charlie Strong (Big East) (2010–2012)
2010 Louisville Cardinals 7-6 3-4 T-5th W Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl
2011 Louisville Cardinals 7-6 5-2 T-1st L Belk Bowl
2012 Louisville Cardinals 10-2 5-2 T-1st †
Charlie Strong: 24-14 13-8

Trying to compare what Strong has done at Louisville/Big East to what he could possibly do at Tennessee/SEC is like saying "the peaches I could get from Georgia would be better than the oranges I could get from Florida"

If you can't see that 10-2 at Louisville = good coach, then you're delusional.

Same place Petrino got his start - plus Strong knows the SEC & had good D teams at SC and UF.

Show the scores and the teams he beat.. Not impressive at all.

so basically you think its a pretty clever conspiracy, much like many of the president palmer conspiracies on 24. and yes i am that big of a dork. i just want UT to be relevant again when it come to football.

Ha I think we are in good hands, believe it or not. If we get any of Fisher, Gundy, or Strong then I think all could recruit and do well here.

Fisher- has SEC experience at LSU as an OC and is a big recruiter, but would he leave that much money and big of a school for UT?

Gundy- is a solid X's and O's coach, he is doing well against the big colleges in recruiting and is very passionate. Built the Ok State team up very well, but same as Fisher with leaving an already great position.

Strong- was a great DC at Florida with Meyer, his players love him, he has his team in a BCS bowl and would love to coach at UT. He is a risk but with UT facilities and his ties to Florida for recruiting I think he could do great. Surround him with Tee, Graham, Pittman, and a top defensive staff and it could work.

Fedor I am not very familiar with, besides doing well at Southern Miss. and anyone other than that worries me.

I think Hart has shut the door on Gruden, the only way it changes is if the boosters strong arm him into it and that is assuming Gruden wants the job. JMHO

I don't believe Lamonte was telling the truth today when he said this is the first he has heard from Hart. The denial Gruden gave on Mike & Mike was to a loaded version of the question. There are a ton of things that don't add up. Those things being said, Gruden and Lamonte seem to be miffed that they have to talk about this. My gut tells me that every time UT needs a coach its a big thorn in Gruden's side. I don't think he wants to be here and there is only so much Hart can do about that.

Jon didn't dance around the questions when Lane left. He told Mike and Mike flat out "That's not a place you leave after a year. I got my start there , and it's a great place , but no. I am in no way interested in getting back into coaching at this time. They are going to have a tough time , and I wish them all the best. We watch the Tennessee games all the time at my house. It's really disappointing to see that happen. But I'm happy at ESPN , and what I'm doing now."

Why not squash this rumor the same? He couldn't even say "I just hope to hold on to the job I have now" without laughing. If that is how he really feels , and doesn't want the job , be the Jon Gruden we know , and say it like you mean it. Fact is , he hasn't done that. Jon Gruden doesn't give a damn about hurting a few feelings. That is why he is respected , and why he should have said in a way that left no doubt.

Last edited:
I trust Basilio far more that hyams...

Oh yeah by FAR! Tony is a good guy. He can be full of it sometimes but he loves UT and if you have listened to him for enough years it is pretty easy to spot when he thinks he really has a story.

...and mocking UT fans in general for having the audacity to hope

The Animal today was downright offensive. Pennington ans his mock southern accent making fun of the fanbase. It was an all out celebration. If memory serves, they made no mention of Hargis or no effort to get him on. Too busy listening to callers suggest Hyams be consulted by the AD on this hire, and listening to a caller recommend George Quarles, and Chris recite baseball jersey numbers that match the winning powerball number. No effort to find out what is really going on. The things that bothers me the most though is the mocking of fans, many who call their show.

i have been following this thread... thats why im so confused. bc the ogs are so confident in their views yet the real world seems to say something else... what i dont understand is, that if Gruden is not our guy then why is Hart so silent/lazy on a our new HC

Gruden isn't who Hart wants. And he's an incompetent fool.

What makes you think this guy knows that for sure. When everyone else says the opposite,and everybody on both sides have been wrong about everything. But this guy knows. RIGHT

His source was first hand of a coach recruited by Gruden for Tn.

If you can't see that 10-2 at Louisville = good coach, then you're delusional.

Same place Petrino got his start - plus Strong knows the SEC & had good D teams at SC and UF.

Respectfully...Petrino never did better than 3rd in the West. I think Strong is a good coach, but he will have to recruit better than he has at Louisville for us to be better than the middle of the SEC.

If not Gruden, I'll get on board with Strong, not because I believe, but because I have no choice.

Fisher is a decent coach with a TON of talent.
Gundy ain't leaving his alma mater
Strong..sigh
Fedora....we r screwed

I havent looked at the cliff notes. I'm not even sure if that's accurate. People have been saying for weeks that tampa still owes him money. Whether they owe him or not, either way, it's not about some buyout payment. He is an ESPN employee on their most watched weekly program. I'm sure they would rather not readjust their announcers three weeks before the regular season ends.

Oh and props on those investigative research techniques...I wish i knew how to use google.

Oh i have a feeling you know how to use google...everytime you post something...that you tend to believe...its come from some where else...and the cliff notes are not the only place i posted...it was in here first...then to the cliffs...you, like many others...want attention, so you post insanely silly "opinions"....next time...just call your mommy and have her tell you how special you are

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back