Official Jon Gruden Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart has to know it's career suicide if he doesn't follow this script as it was written. I just wonder if he's going to let his ego overload his a&&....They should have just given David the job when Hammy left.
I disagree. He is the AD. He hires the next coach. Peyton and the boosters have zero authority in hiring. If his hire is successful and the program is turned around he'll be fine. Only thing if he hired Gruden and Gruden failed he would not be blamed. Now that he's gone rogue it better be perfect.

Last edited:
skeeter33418 (2,298)
04:31 PM Today (#P) ( Report! )
Originally Posted by LotteryPick:
Have any idea of a time table for the hire?
No. Wouldnt be surprised if we announce a new coach with in the next few days. If i hear anything def ill pass it along. I dont think it will be Golden and personally as a fan im glad of that. It def will not be davis, again im glad of that too.

Times Free Press writer still standing by what he heard yesterday.

Which IMO suggests he was getting his info from Lemonte since he was/is adamant that Gruden wanted to be here. Boosters don't need/want this circus to get rid of Hart if that is the deal.

I think they were power tripping and trying to push chips all in and UT including boosters said never mind.

Hargis said "I'm as certain about my sources as I am certain I am talking to you right now"

The guys were making the point that its ridiculous to trust the sports agent as the purveyor of truth instead of Hargis

1 - I have been Grude since the get-go.

2 - I really really really want the Grude.

3 - I don't want a relative unknown. I want a proven championship-caliber coach.

4 - I am STILL 100% Grude.

That being said, I do like Strong, and if I were to find out he's the guy, I wouldn't be upset.

i agree. hart isnt out there to railroad us!IMO who ever he gets, im confident that he would get the next best thing if "THE GRUDE" is a bust...

I disagree. He is the AD. He hires the next coach. Peyton and the boosters have zero authority in hiring. If his hire is successful and the program is turned around he'll be fine. Only thing if he hired Gruden and Gruden failed he would not be blamed. Now that he's gone rouge it better be perfect.

Money talks and big money talks louder. UT can't afford to pi$$ off the big boosters otherwise no brand new big shiny buildings.

I'm with ya except for I'm a dumb ass. :) And on that note, Boobies...

samla_hayek_cleavage.jpg

holy toledo

Reactions: 1 person
Times Free Press writer still standing by what he heard yesterday. Just caught the tail end of it...anyone else care to share what he said?

Said he had 3 sources (one he didn't even use in the story). Said one source he knew for 20 years and that source had spoken to Gruden. Standing by his original story 100%.

Hargis said Gruden was ready for the job and was already working hard. He (Gruden) has been busy studying NCAA rules and regs, as he felt that was his weakness. He has been working on a staff. Hargis' sources say it isn't over yet, but he is on the verge of walking away.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back