Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Vol fans. Just got listening to Tony B. on the EA show. After hearing their conversation, I'm loving the covert operations going on with the UTAD because they(Tony and EA) don't know what to think.(Or at least how they are portraying it to the listeners)

762ca78af6e1f052a612d13dff8558cc.jpg

Is that Bill Murray?

I am in NO way saying I am happy with the way things have turned out obviously with Sexton's last two clients, our last two head coaches...

However I can assure you that neither is Sexton. Let's say that for argument sake Sexton is this "Selfish, Greedy, TN sabotaging man" you and others portray him out to be... How would having two clients go to a school, his own alma mater no less, and basically running the program into the ground help him? It doesn't make sense.

I am not happy with the current state of our program, but if you're going to let Mike Hamilton off the hook and place blame on Jimmy Sexton I can't help you... It's not his fault we are in the shape we are in at all.

Sexton is just the target-du-jour. Hammy gets his share, as to Phil and DD. Hart goes from hero to zero and back to hero faster than you can read one post.

And I won't bother to mention all the negative comments you read on VN about the players. Yep, quite the fan base here.

Reactions: 1 person
I am in NO way saying I am happy with the way things have turned out obviously with Sexton's last two clients, our last two head coaches...

However I can assure you that neither is Sexton. Let's say that for argument sake Sexton is this "Selfish, Greedy, TN sabotaging man" you and others portray him out to be... How would having two clients go to a school, his own alma mater no less, and basically running the program into the ground help him? It doesn't make sense.

I am not happy with the current state of our program, but if you're going to let Mike Hamilton off the hook and place blame on Jimmy Sexton I can't help you... It's not his fault we are in the shape we are in at all.

Whoa, hold up - definitely not letting Hamilton off the hook! He's the primary reason we're in the mess we are.... Sexton was only a facilitator IMO.

This is what is up on the ESPN website. I like the very careful wording of the article.

Jon Gruden says he hasn't received an offer to coach Tennessee as part of a deal that includes becoming part owner of the NFL's Cleveland Browns.

According to a report by Memphis TV station WREG, Gruden was weighing an offer to coach the Volunteers that also would give him a piece of the Browns, who are owned by Jimmy Haslam -- brother of Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam. Their father, Jim, played on the Vols' 1951 national championship team.

Gruden, a former NFL coach and current "Monday Night Football" analyst, said Wednesday on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike In The Morning" that there is "no truth" to the report.

"I'm just excited about Monday Night Football and getting ready for the Giants and the Redskins," Gruden said, adding, "I like what I'm doing. Let's leave it at that."

Browns spokesman Neal Gulkis said Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee's coaching search, and the report that Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is "completely erroneous."

Tennessee didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press. The Vols are looking to replace Derek Dooley, who was fired on Nov. 18.

...and I believe that the offer does not include a partial ownership in the Browns. Honest statement by Gruden IMO

Reactions: 2 people
We will know soon, one way or another. All indicators point to gruden. I really can't imagine Hart being lazy when all of the other sec AD's moving with such urgency. Common sense is screaming at an announcement soon!

The "denial" on Mike and Mike in the morning was completely weak. I know people are getting all worked up, but I see no reason to worry. I still believe the OGs and I now think that the announcement is coming sooner rather than later. Gruden's coming to Tennessee...it just sounds so good every time I say it!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back