Not open for further replies.
Jon Gruden by the numbers-7 Seasons as Bucs coach

57-55 Regular-season record

16-22 Record in December and January, including playoff games

3 Playoff wins in 2002, his first season, including Super Bowl XXXVII

0 Playoff wins in two appearances since the Super Bowl

20 Average NFL rank of his offenses

9 Quarterbacks started

Won a Super Bowl 10 years ago, has not coached a down since 2008 and receives his last buyout payment this December.

Sounds like a great candidate for a college Head Coaching Position. Where does he sign?

Oh, how many college head coaches have a Super Bowl ring? I'll wait.

Just a question...is there any OG's in here. Go ahead and take us back up the roller coaster.....Boro, OV, jay, carter, ect....Lets have another Dr. Phil moment please.

See my last few posts quoted in cliffs.

It is reaching the crescendo I was talking about. Said it would get wild, insurgents starting e-fights lol,.

I don't have anything else to say about it except I have a lot of work to do. If I hear anything concrete will let you know but it is playing out almost EXACTLY like I have been told, at least with regards to over 90% of what I have heard.

Reactions: 7 people
Its no offense to you, just that he's bent us over the barrel repeatedly and I'm sick of it.

He's got plenty of clients that he could afford to avoid situations that are a detriment to the Vols. Some of his work has been a direct conflict of interest to the health of our program. Fulmer $6 million buyout after losing 100-37 to our biggest rivals and clear downward trend in his performance?

I am in NO way saying I am happy with the way things have turned out obviously with Sexton's last two clients, our last two head coaches...

However I can assure you that neither is Sexton. Let's say that for argument sake Sexton is this "Selfish, Greedy, TN sabotaging man" you and others portray him out to be... How would having two clients go to a school, his own alma mater no less, and basically running the program into the ground help him? It doesn't make sense.

I am not happy with the current state of our program, but if you're going to let Mike Hamilton off the hook and place blame on Jimmy Sexton I can't help you... It's not his fault we are in the shape we are in at all.

Just a question...is there any OG's in here. Go ahead and take us back up the roller coaster.....Boro, OV, jay, carter, ect....Lets have another Dr. Phil moment please.

There is nothing to tell. It is as it has been for more than a month.

Gruden 2012

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Maybe this will be enough that the naysayers now leave us alone. We finally may get our thread back....... that is a GOOD THING

There is nothing to tell. It is as it had been for more than a month.

Gruden 2012

Dr-phil-for-dickipedia[1].jpg

Why? Because we went after the best out there? No shame in that if we get turned down. Shows we are going all out to win

I think errbody needs to be thankful that we arent going the way of Arkansas' offer to him...not even a blip on the national radar...well, maybe a snicker...but there is smoke now and the fire is in Knoxville!

Just chillax folks...let it come to you...

Only thing about the Browns rumor... if it is remotely true, it would have to be done sometime in the future. As in after he is announced as head coach. This is because, from my understanding, all NFL ownership changes must be approved by all of the other NFL owners.

The selling of the Browns had to be approved by the owners and was contingent on him selling his stake in the Steelers.

He can't just give out portions of the team like Gruden is Trick or Treating at his house. It would have to be voted on and I don't see that happening before end of NFL season.

So I think that part is smoke, but everything else is 100%. Too much smoke. It's either Gruden or we're burning the stadium down.

Josh Ward ‏@Josh_Ward
RT @realfreemancbs: Gruden may meet with Vols AD later this week, I'm told. But Gruden's main goal is heading back to pros.

This is what is up on the ESPN website. I like the very careful wording of the article.

Jon Gruden says he hasn't received an offer to coach Tennessee as part of a deal that includes becoming part owner of the NFL's Cleveland Browns.

According to a report by Memphis TV station WREG, Gruden was weighing an offer to coach the Volunteers that also would give him a piece of the Browns, who are owned by Jimmy Haslam -- brother of Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam. Their father, Jim, played on the Vols' 1951 national championship team.

Gruden, a former NFL coach and current "Monday Night Football" analyst, said Wednesday on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike In The Morning" that there is "no truth" to the report.

"I'm just excited about Monday Night Football and getting ready for the Giants and the Redskins," Gruden said, adding, "I like what I'm doing. Let's leave it at that."

Browns spokesman Neal Gulkis said Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee's coaching search, and the report that Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is "completely erroneous."

Tennessee didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press. The Vols are looking to replace Derek Dooley, who was fired on Nov. 18.

Thanks Boro and Bcarter. I will say this is along the path you guys said. But silence from AD is very telling....either the biggest rockstar move ever or a bigger dumpster fire than when Kiffin left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back