Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
siapm

Colin Cowherd just mentioned the rumors of Gruden to Tennessee on his show.

CC is very connected to the college ranks. He hinted lane muffin to usc way before anyone else. But he usually is more on the west coast stuff from his time out there.

Amen I already got the "You're either on the computer or Ipad reading, we would like to see you sometime" this past weekend..... And I said "Uhhh yeah uh What did you say something?"

Didn't go over as well outloud as it sounded in my head beforehand....... :whistling:
Yea I had to hide and check phone at work last night. Phones aren't even allowed in the building.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tony Basilio ‏@TonyBasilio
'I hear Dave Hart met with Gruden yesterday in Tampa. This is really heating up now. I'll still believe Gruden 2 Vols when I see it. #Vols
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Reactions: 1 person
Let's all take a reality pill and calm down for a second.
First of all, why do we think Gruden is already signed? If he were why wouldn't he be out recruiting right now? If the type of money that is being offered (rumored) is realistic then I think we could afford to buyout the ESPN contract in order to get him in Nkemdiche's living room. If he is signed, but wants to finish the mnf season then, frankly, that is a terrible sign that he doesn't really want this job. We have a vacancy, we have our resources at the ready, it would be a huge splash. Why then wait?
The answer is that we are still trying to convince him. Continuing I can't imagine a scenario where he has expressed sincere interest and we have been trying to nickel and dime him on the contract. The fact is that the job along with gobs of money haven't won him yet and, I'm sorry to say this, probably won't.
It actually becomes relatively interesting for Stoops now that his brother will be in the same division and quite close geographically.

I'm not sure why Gruden would go on a major sports-talk show when he knows he's going to be asked about UT and his coaching future. What was the point? I read a transcript of his response to the UT question and he clearly did not want to talk about it, which I find encouraging. However, with all the talk now it's clear close to time for Gruden to decide. I mean, UT can wait a few days more, no doubt, but we don't want to be jerked around or left at the altar if the Gman decides not to come. We need a good coach, and we need one fairly soon so that our recruiting class can be salvaged. Let's dot the i's and cross the t's and get this thing done--or move on.

Sounds like he is getting tired of all the rumors too. If he is coaching again I would expect a decision to made very soon.

Basilio on Twitter: "Was just tolad as long as Dave Hart thinks he can handle him internally, they (boosters) will bless this. That's huge. I hear Dave Hart met with Gruden yesterday in Tampa. This is really heating up now. I'll still believe it when I see it."

Link?

That's your biased opinion of what I said sure...

I'm just passing along what I can at this time. I can tell you that Jimmy Sexton has NEVER intended to "play" his alma mater. Period. Sure it may look that way b/c the last two coaches were his guys and didn't workout for us the way we all (including him) wanted.

Kiffin was on track to rebuilding this program to its rightful spot and then bolted to the only place he would've left us for. You think Jimmy knew that beforehand somehow that Carroll would leave USC and they'd offer Kiffin? haha comical.

The reasons Dooley was hired was b/c he was the polar opposite of Kiffin. Organized, respectable, a man of integrity ect. It got down to Sumlin and Dooley and Dooley impressed Hamilton more in the interview than Sumlin did...

So I do not see your point?

Regardless, Sexton has inflicted a tremendous amount of hurt on the University of Tennessee football program with his actions.

He can go to hell, Vol fan or not.

Reactions: 2 people
Basilio on Twitter: "Was just tolad as long as Dave Hart thinks he can handle him internally, they (boosters) will bless this. That's huge. I hear Dave Hart met with Gruden yesterday in Tampa. This is really heating up now. I'll still believe it when I see it."

Link

I'm not sure why Gruden would go on a major sports-talk show when he knows he's going to be asked about UT and his coaching future. What was the point? I read a transcript of his response to the UT question and he clearly did not want to talk about it, which I find encouraging. However, with all the talk now it's clear close to time for Gruden to decide. I mean, UT can wait a few days more, no doubt, but we don't want to be jerked around or left at the altar if the Gman decides not to come. We need a good coach, and we need one fairly soon so that our recruiting class can be salvaged. Let's dot the i's and cross the t's and get this thing done--or move on.

I would think it was a contract obligation to be on there

Reactions: 1 person
It makes a lot of sense for another agent to leak the information to attempt to accelerate the issue. It is not likely an attempt to undermine anything.

Suppose that a client of this agent was a legitimate candidate for the UT gig as well as another highly desirable job? The Hogs job or Auburn for example.

If UT was that candidate's first choice, but he was waiting in line behind Gruden, it sure makes a lot of sense for him (and thus his agent) to be interested in expediting the process. He certainly doesn't want the other jobs to fill while waiting to see if he has a shot in Knoxville.

And, of course, the other schools don't appreciate being the bridesmaid, so they aren't going to wait around either.

As the OP said, it's just business.

I like this thought. Fisher wants the tenn job before any of the others but certainly wants to move from FSU. He needs to know if the job is falling to him or move on to the other openings thus sexton needs to accelerate the process

After the weak denial on M&M, I am at "Full Grude":

NxUyZ.gif

Ok, I'll do it.

If it lasts more than 4 hours just take a Dooley and I will go down. :eek:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back