Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone post the link to the Mike and Mike interview. I know it's in this thread but I could not find it...

Thanks

You've contradicted yourself with your last two statements. The insinuation that Sexton leaked the Gruden news to prompt UT into acting, or to somehow derail the Gruden process can for any rational person be construed as "playing" UT. You can go into semantics all you want, but your first post is supporting evidence enough for my assertion IMO.

YOUR words:

That's your biased opinion of what I said sure...

I'm just passing along what I can at this time. I can tell you that Jimmy Sexton has NEVER intended to "play" his alma mater. Period. Sure it may look that way b/c the last two coaches were his guys and didn't workout for us the way we all (including him) wanted.

Kiffin was on track to rebuilding this program to its rightful spot and then bolted to the only place he would've left us for. You think Jimmy knew that beforehand somehow that Carroll would leave USC and they'd offer Kiffin? haha comical.

The reasons Dooley was hired was b/c he was the polar opposite of Kiffin. Organized, respectable, a man of integrity ect. It got down to Sumlin and Dooley and Dooley impressed Hamilton more in the interview than Sumlin did...

So I do not see your point?

Wondering if someone can answer this? Doesn't a university have to talk to the other school and receive permission before talking to their currently employed coach (at the college level of course)?

The reason I ask is because of all this New York nonsense about Hart conducting interviews up there this weekend.

Yes you are required to get permission.

After the weak denial on M&M, I am at "Full Grude":

NxUyZ.gif

Reactions: 2 people
If Sexton is really making a move to force Gruden's hand.... and it results in us not landing Gruden, he needs to be banished from Neyland stadium... hell, all of Knoxville.

We may not have to suffer much longer. Once reporters grab a hold on a story like this (which they now have) it's just a matter of time before it blows up!!!

After over 100K posts on this subject I probably dont have to say this but....

With the massive media exposure that's being created over this, and now It's pretty much unreal (Mike & Mike are talking about it), if UT does not get Gruden it will be the most humiliating public spectacle maybe in the history of college football. Our brand name will be destroyed for years to come.

I understand that there are other good coaches like Fisher or Stoops out there, but the way this thing has been built up, if it doesnt end with Gruden it will be disastrous for Tennessee. Never mind what the UT fans will do, what the other folks out there in the sporting world will say will be terrible for Tennessee.

We will be ridiculed for a long long time for thinking we are "better than we really are".

Basilio on Twitter: "Was just tolad as long as Dave Hart thinks he can handle him internally, they (boosters) will bless this. That's huge. I hear Dave Hart met with Gruden yesterday in Tampa. This is really heating up now. I'll still believe it when I see it."

It makes a lot of sense for another agent to leak the information to attempt to accelerate the issue. It is not likely an attempt to undermine anything.

Suppose that a client of this agent was a legitimate candidate for the UT gig as well as another highly desirable job? The Hogs job or Auburn for example.

If UT was that candidate's first choice, but he was waiting in line behind Gruden, it sure makes a lot of sense for him (and thus his agent) to be interested in expediting the process. He certainly doesn't want the other jobs to fill while waiting to see if he has a shot in Knoxville.

And, of course, the other schools don't appreciate being the bridesmaid, so they aren't going to wait around either.

As the OP said, it's just business.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back