Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no way or no reason for the Browns to have offered a 10% stake in the franchise to take a college football job. I dont care that Haslam owns the team now. That's the most ridiculous thing I have heard yet about Gruden. He's just a football coach.

Agree

You've contradicted yourself with your last two statements. The insinuation that Sexton leaked the Gruden news to prompt UT into acting, or to somehow derail the Gruden process can for any rational person be construed as "playing" UT. You can go into semantics all you want, but your first post is supporting evidence enough for my assertion IMO.

You know some people can be sized up by looking at them. Jimmy Sexton is one of them.

dang..wish i didn't have to get ready for work...feel like something else will go down today...prolly won't get much done at work today...be checking cliff notes...lol...ready for something so I can resume my normal life.

I have no inside connection to UT, however I have a VERY good friend who is deeply connected at Northwestern. He told me that heavy rumors are being spread in the Big 10 circles that UT has hired Gruden. TIFWIW

I have been occasionally posting conversations I have with friends regarding our search for a new HC.

I just spoke to a someone who was highly placed in the AD a few years ago. I asked him about the rumors and what, if anything, he could share. Again, I can't share his name because he is so well known.

Here is the transcript:

McDad: "What can you tell me?"

PF: "We are working like heck to get done what needs to get done so that the deal can be done."

McDad: "What needs to happen to fix the deal?"

PF: “If I could sprinkle magic dust on it, heck, I'd fix it.”

McDad: "What's with all the clapping I hear in the background?"

PF: "........uh,........it's nothing. I got to go."

Not sure if the conversation ended abruptly because he was caught clapping for no good reason or maybe because he realized he said too much (without really saying anything at all).

Anywho, I will do my best to keep sharing any updates.

I got the joke. It was pretty funny lol

I have been occasionally posting conversations I have with friends regarding our search for a new HC.

I just spoke to a someone who was highly placed in the AD a few years ago. I asked him about the rumors and what, if anything, he could share. Again, I can't share his name because he is so well known.

Here is the transcript:

McDad: "What can you tell me?"

PF: "We are working like heck to get done what needs to get done so that the deal can be done."

McDad: "What needs to happen to fix the deal?"

PF: “If I could sprinkle magic dust on it, heck, I'd fix it.”

McDad: "What's with all the clapping I hear in the background?"

PF: "........uh,........it's nothing. I got to go."

Not sure if the conversation ended abruptly because he was caught clapping for no good reason or maybe because he realized he said too much (without really saying anything at all).

Anywho, I will do my best to keep sharing any updates.

:eek:lol:

You've contradicted yourself with your last two statements. The insinuation that Sexton leaked the Gruden news to prompt UT into acting, or to somehow derail the Gruden process can for any rational person be construed as "playing" UT. You can go into semantics all you want, but your first post is supporting evidence enough for my assertion IMO.

YOUR words:

I got called out for thinking this.

If this goes to Dec 13th I will be homeless, single, and living in remorse about losing my two kids.

Amen I already got the "You're either on the computer or Ipad reading, we would like to see you sometime" this past weekend..... And I said "Uhhh yeah uh What did you say something?"

Didn't go over as well outloud as it sounded in my head beforehand....... :whistling:

What if Haslam sold the percentage to Gruden for a Dollar?

Doesn't change anything. He would have to donate the share to UT and then UT would give it to Gruden.

Boosters cannot directly pay or give anything to a coach.

Further, UT having any stake in any NFL entity is against NFL by-laws, so there is no way to transfer any ownership stake to Gruden by way of UT.

A trust would be the only way and it would need to be approved by the NFL commissioner, which would never happen.

Wondering if someone can answer this? Doesn't a university have to talk to the other school and receive permission before talking to their currently employed coach (at the college level of course)?

The reason I ask is because of all this New York nonsense about Hart conducting interviews up there this weekend.

Butch Jones is the only coach that Dooley OWNED, so yea, he'd be a great choice. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

If Hart has gone out of his way to lock down the AD only to later announce someone like Fisher, Golden, Strong, or Butch (x2), then the next time we hire a HC he won't have to bother worrying about leaks, the media and fanbase will not even care.

Mr. Sexton,

Your last client took us to the utter depths of the SEC. His poor performance landed us in a place where we had to watch an over-zealous bald black man make hand gestures resembling a VU for several hours. His ability to break prestigous streaks was on full display against Kentucky, and every other SEC program.

Furthermore you and your client have bled our financial resources to where we are forced to borrow money from academics. This Thanksgiving you were blessed with a substantial check from our proud university.

In light of all of this will you please leave us alone. We do not want Jimbo Fisher. We have full Grudes in our pants and the only thing to cure it is more Gruden. Please never return to Knoxville.

Signed,
Volnation

Amen and Go Vols!

There is a lot still to be determined from the Gruden camp and a few contractual issues he's dealing with, which may or may not be part of the hold up from his end... IF we get him as our next head coach I'd expect to hear something soon (By the end of the weekend) one way or the other. Cannot really go into more details than that at this time sorry. What I can say that as of this am around 8 or so I still feel good that Gruden could be our next coach, but nothing is set in stone either way at this time.

In other words, it is a done deal, but you can't comment on it.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back