Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
God this sounds aweful, but I work with a guy who has been a but UT supporter for 20 years. I asked him this morning if he has heard anything about Gruden. He said that he was told that Hart already "has his man". He was also given the impression that "his man" was Butch Jones. Take it for what it's worth. We'll find out soon enough. I hope this is wrong.

I doubt we get Gruden, but we need to do better than Jones.

Yea that's what we did. We moved 18mil from academics to athletics to hire Butch Jones.

Reactions: 2 people
The good thing about foreplay is that you know the prize is not very far away. This hire has had the best foreplay ever. The climax well nuf said.

If what FredWhite2 has posted is true, my idea was very close to being right. I just didn't think that it could be another coach's agent being the potential saboteur. Makes a lot of sense to me now, though.

It's not anyone being a "potential saboteur" it's people being smart businessmen/women... No one is out to sabotage anything I assure you. That notion is completely false and inaccurate.

No way we get jones....If we get someone that was on Kentucky's radar...they might as well tear down Neyland. Doesn't make sense people...think about it...millions of dollars are on the line here. money (18 mil) transferred back to athletics...for butch jones....we could have had him in 2 days and already announced.

The rundown on the Live Sportscenter has "Gruden Linked to Vols Job" coming up in a few minutes.

This is my first post here and I find all this very intriguing.

Originally Posted by fredwhite2
i cannot get into the details at this time, so people asking me will be disappointed and possibly even angered... I'm only sharing this so that this place doesn't have a complete meltdown today after last night. I have yet to comment on anything gruden, but i am choosing to break my silence and say that it is no coincidence that last night's story broke in memphis...

I cannot get into the details yet due to work conflicts, but if you connect the dots and think about the situation you should be able to begin to figure it out.

Hint: A certain super coaching agent may or may not live and work in memphis...

Hint: This super coaching agent may or may not represent other candidates not named john gruden who are interested in the tennessee job...

Hint: This super agent may or may not have leaked this story to the same news station the lane kiffin news broke on hoping it would put pressure on hart and gruden to make this decision one way or the other sooner and more public than previously anticipated.

I will not get into details on anything further, but i will say we still have a good chance as of this am at 8 am cst of landing john gruden to be our head football coach next season. If something changes i will let you know... You can either make fun that i found it humorous to put bucksnort as my hometown or believe what i'm saying it makes no difference to me, just sharing a little snippet of what i'm allowed to say at this time.

FYI: Sexton is Jimbo Fisher's Agent.

Atleast spell Jon's name right.....:hi:

A little off topic but just wanted to say we have an incredibly gifted farker among us. Here is some of his/her work that I thought some of you might enjoy.
lesfishing1.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Hold on now... That's a VERY strong and bold statement.

Let's look at the facts here:

1. Jimmy Sexton graduated and was a manager at UT

2. His entire family bleeds orange

3. Any decisions he's made in getting us a football coach have been business first, which is how you operate a business. Period.

4. I can assure you that no one loves TN more or bleeds a truer shade of orange than Mr. Sexton and his family for that matter.

This notion that he has somehow "played" this program by pushing his guys here is comical. Jimmy didn't make Mike Hamilton choose Dooley over Sumlin. Or make Mike Hamilton choose Kiffin over Kelly, Hamilton made BOTH of those decisions. You cannot fault a businessman for pushing his clients into positions of prominence.

Well said - I can confirm that the family gatherings are a bit testy when it comes to Saban though...

This is sort of my point. He is legit in the he knows what he SHOULD ask, yet he didn't.

Perhaps then you and I agree that he didn't follow up because he was either told not to or was protecting some other interest?

If Mike and Mike didnt ask then they wouldnt be doing their job as journalists or media guys.

If Gruden didnt deny the rumors then he wouldnt be doing his job and a candidae for like 12 different job openings.

That's how you should look at what happened this morning. It really means nothing.

Hold on now... That's a VERY strong and bold statement.

Let's look at the facts here:

1. Jimmy Sexton graduated and was a manager at UT

2. His entire family bleeds orange

3. Any decisions he's made in getting us a football coach have been business first, which is how you operate a business. Period.

4. I can assure you that no one loves TN more or bleeds a truer shade of orange than Mr. Sexton and his family for that matter.

This notion that he has somehow "played" this program by pushing his guys here is comical. Jimmy didn't make Mike Hamilton choose Dooley over Sumlin. Or make Mike Hamilton choose Kiffin over Kelly, Hamilton made BOTH of those decisions. You cannot fault a businessman for pushing his clients into positions of prominence.

Hey Jimmy.

I still believe it's Gruden but I still have my doubts.

My "Gruden is coming" thoughts are thus....

1. I can understand why Gruden would not put rumors "to bed" because any rumor is just leverage for him to use to get the biggest contract possible.
2. Gruden may give a superficial and insincere "denial" on Mike and Mike, but that should be expected. Almost all coaches deny rumors before they become facts. Gruden would never put a legitimate statement out that said that a deal with Tennessee is 100% not true.
3. the only reason this hasnt been announced is because Gruden needs to wait to announce it (for any number of speculated reasons). Tennessee has no reason to wait. The season is over and Dooley has been fired. Recruiting needs to be handled ASAP and if Tennessee were really not intending to get Gruden, they would be best served to get out in front of the rumors right away and just kill the idea.
4. Tennessee is just waiting til the SECCG to make a "big media splash". This is the least believable idea because it just seems to serve no real purpose.

My "Gruden is NOT coming" thoughts are thus....

1. Gruden may be genuinely interested (or not) in the UT job, but UT is only interested in Gruden for the "right price". UT may be in talks with Gruden just to say they "tried", but in the end it didnt work out and that's why it took so long to announce.
2. The reason there has been no announcement yet is because the guy Tennessee wants to hire is still coaching in a conference championship game. I put a lot of stock in this notion because a few of the guys being named as possible coaches are still coaching their teams this weekend.

Arkansas offered Miles, though. And Kentucky is stealing coordinators from Florida State...

Something you guys should also consider about Gruden is the fact that, if for some god forsaken reason Sean Payton goes to Dallas, New Orleans would need to hire a splash coach to replace him. They are already offering to pay Sean approximately 8 million a year. The rumors are that if Sean bolts to Dallas, New Orleans will push hard for Gruden. If I were Gruden, I'd want to see how that played out...
In before Payton and Gruden are best friends Jon won't take his job. Cindy doesn't want to live in New Orleans! Worley > Brees!

Mr. Sexton,

Your last client took us to the utter depths of the SEC. His poor performance landed us in a place where we had to watch an over-zealous bald black man make hand gestures resembling a VU for several hours. His ability to break prestigous streaks was on full display against Kentucky, and every other SEC program.

Furthermore you and your client have bled our financial resources to where we are forced to borrow money from academics. This Thanksgiving you were blessed with a substantial check from our proud university.

In light of all of this will you please leave us alone. We do not want Jimbo Fisher. We have full Grudes in our pants and the only thing to cure it is more Gruden. Please never return to Knoxville.

Signed,
Volnation

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Not sure if posted but Memphis is still reporting...
George LaPenis Show reporting Gruden to receive 10% of Browns if stays past 4 years. That is a whole lot of money.

And that it was confirmed with the Governor.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back