Official Jon Gruden Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll tell you what...

...if y'all want to plan a date, to celebrate the vols at my bar, i'd be willing to have a keg of our very own beer donated for the party and i'll talk to ole smokey moonshine to get them to donate tn orange tshirts with their and my logo on it...

As long as y'all take care of my bartender that night!! Edit: Financially

I. Love. You.

Good thing I don't know how to Twitter, lol I would burn Basilio up on that Petrino crap he is trash, that's all we need is more trouble here.

Ok is there any other explanation why Hart hasn't made an announcement than he has his coach in place and doesn't want to answer questions???

The players have already been told is the belief???

So the excuse that delaying the announcement helps the team in their quest for bowl eligibility makes zero since the players already know.

Sorry nothing new here just the longer I think about it the more I think there is no other explanation.

I remember hearing about all of those things long before they happened.

You make a point that I failed to highlight sufficiently.

I agree, there were some people who knew (or guessed right) but even then, I remember threads being started that showed who all predicted what for the Defensive Coordinator hire. Very few, if any seemed to know the actual outcome.

That isn't to say that things like this can't be fluid but if you have to draw a conclusion on volnation it would seem to be that the more noise a prediction gets here the less likely it seems to be. (See: Shannon/Smith/Gruden et al).

That sounds so good. I had thought about it and decided I'd go a bit healthier with tomato soup and garlic cheese bread. It was delicious and hit the spot but man... I eat chinese at least once a week. Sometimes twice. I only like a couple of the dishes but the stuff I like, I love. Sesame Chicken, General Tso, Honey Chicken, Sweet and sour chicken, teriyaki/skewered chicken on a stick, crab ragoons and white rice... that's about the extent of what I eat but I love it.

excellent taste.

That is really what bothers me about this. When "real" events have happened, has there been this much noise?

I know there has been similar levels of noise when some events were predicted but never transpired (Randy Shannon), but point to a real event where this many people on Volnation knew the outcome.

Da'Rick Rogers getting the boot? I don't remember this many people knowing before it was announced by the media.

Wilcox leaving? I don't remember this many people knowing until it was announced by the media.

The slew of other coaching changes? I don't remember this many people knowing until it was announced by the media.

Where were all the sources then? In fairness, I just don't get it...

Believe it or not, there were lots of rumblings about Rogers. It was discussed on here ad nauseum. Same with Wilcox. Lots of folks speculated that he was going bolt to the west coast.

I think the fact that there is so much excitement about Gruden is illustrative of what will happen on a larger scale when it is announced.

Hogville mod...

There are a lot of varying opinions combined with a lot of varying sources. I trust mine, just as I did last April. I took a lot of flak afterwards, but that doesn't mean that what I was told was wrong.

I still believe that we "could have" had Gruden last Spring, except that certain people with the U of A would not compromise on certain issues.

Folks can laugh and point fingers all they want, but too many dots are connecting with the information supplied and short of a screw up on the part of a representative of the U of A, I think we will all be happy with the hire that we get.

That is just the impression that I have been given.

Laugh I will... laugh I will.

None of the others had the name Gruden. More people interested to find out info. Could be wrong. Just an idea.

Could be a valid explanation.

could also be that more people have sources who would be involved in a search but not necessarily at the level that it would take to get info on day to day dealings of the team (personnel issues/assistants leaving) etc.

Ok is there any other explanation why Hart hasn't made an announcement than he has his coach in place and doesn't want to answer questions???

The players have already been told is the belief???

So the excuse that delaying the announcement helps the team in their quest for bowl eligibility makes zero since if the players already know.

Sorry nothing new here just the longer I think about it the more I think there is no other explanation.

I agree. Outside perception is that (1) we are falling behind others in the coaching search and (2) recruiting is suffering. Yet, no sign of concern from Hart (although the same could be said of Auburn, Arkansass, etc.).

The deciding factor for me is the delayed announcement on Dooley. His dismissal would be announced by now IMO to appease the fan base unless there is a good reason to wait.

You make a point that I failed to highlight sufficiently.

I agree, there were some people who knew (or guessed right) but even then, I remember threads being started that showed who all predicted what for the Defensive Coordinator hire. Very few, if any seemed to know the actual outcome.

That isn't to say that things like this can't be fluid but if you have to draw a conclusion on volnation it would seem to be that the more noise a prediction gets here the less likely it seems to be. (See: Shannon/Smith/Gruden et al).

I had info directly from the athletic department that Shannon was a real possibility.

The only thing that surprised me about the coaching changes last off season was that Chaney actually stayed. Otherwise there were several that had firm info on Wilcox, Sirmon, Baggett and Heistand. Real info several weeks early.

Believe it or not, there were lots of rumblings about Rogers. It was discussed on here ad nauseum. Same with Wilcox. Lots of folks speculated that he was going bolt to the west coast.

I think the fact that there is so much excitement about Gruden is illustrative of what will happen on a larger scale when it is announced.

Perhaps you are correct.

I am just very dubious.

I had info directly from the athletic department that Shannon was a real possibility.

The only thing that surprised me about the coaching changes last off season was that Chaney actually stayed. Otherwise there were several that had firm info on Wilcox, Sirmon, Baggett and Heistand. Real info several weeks early.

So what are your sources indicating now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back