Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got through reading back a few pages and seeing the dialog of OrangeCrush and RagingOrange. They share the orange blood but more importantly are brothers that worked through communication issues because each realized that they are committed to the same person of Christ. Christ came to redeem and unify us for the Father. In unity we are strong and can accomplish great things. In disunity we are a house divided, which fails to accomplish our mission.

So here we sit as a house divided as the Volnation. This has been going on for quite awhile. A unifier has been competing for championships. Yet, those have been few and far between of late and never a consistent season by season journey. Majors vs. Fulmer. Fulmer vs. Hamilton. Kiffin vs. Fumerites. Dooley vs. well, about everything now. Many posters say all we need to do is win and all will be well again. I beg to differ. If history is the best predictor of future behavior we already know that winning only lasts for a short period when it is the most important thing.

To have a consistent, long term winning program requires worthy goals. Then you have to hire the best leadership that can be found to build the program right from the bottom up. Be honest, CDD was not who you had in mind after the Fulmer decline and termination was he? Very few were Kiffinites for very long were they? All you had to do was look at his past history to know it would not end well in both cases. Lots of people have great ideas, very few actually are capable of implementing them.

At this point in time in UT's history there has to be a hiring of the best to build the program correctly on a solid foundation if the goals established by UT and its fan base is to be the best. That is why I am a Grudenite. Could another coach get it done? Possibly. Will support whoever as long as they are a top performer prior to being hired. But none fit the orange blooded craving better than Jon Gruden IMO. With him at the helm every doubt is removed about coaching.

Good post! :thumbsup:

Exactly where I am.

I look at it like this, if Grudens' deal was a done deal, you fire Dooley and get Gruden to sign before another team/school gets involved. There is a snag somewhere. Maybe it's because it looks like maybe the Cowboys job is going to come open?? The public doesn't really know at this point.

Tony and some of the guys on here have calmed my fears about Dooley not getting axed on Monday. I think it is all part of the plan.

CDD finishes season
The Gru starts recruiting in Dec.
Interim coach for bowl if we make one.
Gru in 2013.

Just a guess.

we could make these shirts up for Bama week

Saban.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I look at it like this, if Grudens' deal was a done deal, you fire Dooley and get Gruden to sign before another team/school gets involved. There is a snag somewhere. Maybe it's because it looks like maybe the Cowboys job is going to come open?? The public doesn't really know at this point.

Exactly. If Gruden was a lock then DD would has already been announced as not being retained IMO. I see no circumstance where DD is restained but No one on here should be using 100per

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back