Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You crack me up. Meyer arrived in 2005 the same time Saban left. The first time they went head to head was Saban's 2nd year and Meyers 4th year in 2008. His 2nd year at UA after an 7-6 season. But the next year Urban had the all world Tebow, Saban beat Meyer.

Spurrier arrived at USC in 2005 a program with nothing, but oh guess what when Spurrier finally gets the talent to compete with UF in 2010 he rolls into UF and beats Meyer.

Love on Meyer all you want but once the other teams caught up to him in talent he got out coached and beat and ran to the Big10. If Meyer could do what he did with all the teams in the SEC now nationally ranked I would give him credit. But doing it when what LSU and maybe UGA for the most part were the only teams out of 11 that could even come close to competing with him sorry not going to give him a thumbs up. Meyer had the opportunity o stay and compete when the conference saw multiple teams challenge for top dog and decided to bail.

My original statement was also referring to putting talent into the league. I do not care who USC played against or what conference they were in. Carroll put players into the NFL every year.

And in regards to Spurrier, what I can not like him because he always has an excuse for why his team gets beat but never his fault. Go watch the ESPN show on the SECCG. Spurrier in 91 barely beats UA and is not scheduled to play them in 92. Meaning UF had an easier schedule to go undefeated and get to the NC. In the documentry he is complaining about having to play the game and says it is not needed and if he had his way the game would not happen. Then UF did not have the season he was hoping for and finished the regular season 8-3 and he was interviewed right before the game and was praising the SEC for creating it. Just like him complaining on TV now that UGA did not have to play LSU, UA, or Ark this year. If the was USC in that situation he would not say a word. Never said he was not a good coach just whines to much about everything in public.:hi:

So Saban was undefeated until Meyer beat him in his second year. BTW Urban won a championship his second year in(SEC wasn't down either UT, LSU and UGA were up). Since you want to compare teams do you think Saban's championship teams were better than Meyer's at full health? Come on stop with the Meyer hate. He beat us in 2006 with Meachem and crew. I don't even like Urban Meyer like that but his 2008 championship team was a killer squad. Percy wouldn't have been stopped by you guys period. The way he carved up Oklahoma on a bad ankle was crazy.

I think Bama will get a good taste of what Oregon can be when they face TAM shortly.

That's a trap game after playing a tough LSU team. It's like UGA after playing a tough game with UT. Or SCAR after playing a big game against UGA. The emotional letdown is a problem that other teams have had to deal with. Now it's Bama's time. We'll see what they do.

That's a trap game after playing a tough LSU team. It's like UGA after playing a tough game with UT. Or SCAR after playing a big game against UGA. The emotional letdown is a problem that other teams have had to deal with. Now it's Bama's time. We'll see what they do.

By the power of Thor, I hope so!

I think i speak for the entire athletic department when i say, would love to see that happen!

Here's what DeerPark posted:

Cheek's issues go far beyond a disagreement with Hart. The project he led to make UT a Top 25 research school was an expensive flop, and one that many on the Board of Trustees never wanted in the first place.

Sounds like a man on an island.

I don't know of a soul I've talked to (none of those in the AD, Ag school, A&S, Circle Park people, etc) that really like the guy. Many openly dislike the guy.

Reactions: 2 people
its pretty sad when u have to pray for other teams to defeat the team your team cant. But it is what it is.

A&M has a nice offense but it has been average against good defenses (LSU,UF).
LSU will be the toughest no doubt. Saban is the best at getting his players to not overlook anyone so i cant see them overlooking A&M or AU.

its pretty sad when u have to pray for other teams to defeat the team your team cant. But it is what it is.

A&M has a nice offense but it has been average against good defenses (LSU,UF).
LSU will be the toughest no doubt. Saban is the best at getting his players to not overlook anyone so i cant see them overlooking A&M or AU.

I've always rooted for Bama to lose every game nothing new. :)

But you can overlook Auburn. You'll still win by 50-60. I as a UT fan just look at the Barn and say man I'm glad I'm not a Auburn fan. That's just sad seeing them get killed week after week.

I think Troy will score 30+ also. Possibly playing some of the younger guys in our secondary may yield some big plays. Hell, we'll give up a lot of big plays regardless.
55-34 Vols

Yep. If we sack their quarterback and force a third and 26, watch out. That's guaranteed big play time from the opposition.

But, in the end, we will put a bunch of points up on them, so I'm not worried.

just because a person is disliked doesn't mean he is going to be fired.

see Dooley.

How disliked is Dooley, really? I've had trouble guaging that. Skeeter says Hart generally likes him and it's clear from player interviews that many of them like him.

I know Basilio and others continue to spread this meme that Dooley is almost universally hated, but I just don't percieve that from what I've read/observed.

But then, I don't pretend to know.

How disliked is Dooley, really? I've had trouble guaging that. Skeeter says Hart generally likes him and it's clear from player interviews that many of them like him.

I know Basilio and others continue to spread this meme that Dooley is almost universally hated, but I just don't percieve that from what I've read/observed.

But then, I don't pretend to know.

have you visited the coaching rumors and speculation forum? if not, take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back