Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Urban Meyer? Pete Carrol wasn't a bad coach either. Muschamp is building a good program. Georgia has the same caliber of athletes. Spurrier at Florida was more feared than Saban ever. Jimbo Fisher and crew are recruiting at a "dynasty" level. Chip Kelly is an elite level coach IMO. Everybody bowing down to Saban as a Vol fan should be ashamed. I respect him as a coach but people thinking that squad can't be stopped is crazy. His LSU teams were just as loaded and Fulmer waged war on him when our program was up. And he had 3 NFL level WRs and Jamarcus Russell was throwing them the ball. Much better offense than the one Bama has right now.

UA will miss on more recruits than we get. That is a no brainer because we go after so many top tier, like many other programs. You figure for every 5 star your program lands you miss on 7.

In regards to coaching I know you have never been high on Saban, but I am very happy with him as a coach. But Meyer was good when no one else was in the conference to compete yet. Lets remember he showed up as Saban was leaving, Miles and Spurrier arriving, and Fulmer on the downslide. Once the competition got tough he had a heart attack and left.

Muschamp is using Meyer's talent. If Spurrier did not whine I would have more respect for him but is a good coach. Carroll as well.

And so far no one has been able to stop UA. Does not mean they will not but no one has yet. Just saying. Go ahead bash because again I know you hate UA and Saban.:hi:

So he'll turn in the sideline play to the league office but not challenge it during the game?

Do they send a note back explaining how to challenge plays and a list of times to do it.

Maybe they will highlight the section that says:

You may challenge the spot of the ball. :crazy:

(This play had nothing to do with why we lost FWIW)

Bama fans always have a "reason" as to why some prospects they target end up at other schools. You are not going to win every battle. Yes, every school loses a battle from time to time. It happens, get over it and stop with all the excuses.

What reason are we talking about.. Nkemdiche liked Clemson better. Foster liked the staff and program at AU better. The list goes on.

In regards to Casher the staff miscalculated. Winston in case you have no clue went to the ACC because the ACC allows a player to sign a MLB, play baseball for the MLB in the summer and still allow them to play football in the fall for the college they are at. SEC does not which is why Winston left the conference. AU was also a consideration for him.

In regards to reasons, I love when UGA fans put their selves above other fan bases. Every fan base does the same. Should I list all the reasons UGA fans posted why they did not want X Dickson or others they missed on. Yes some did want but others after he committed elsewhere did not. Every fan base has them. Get off your high dawg.

I can't understand how more people don't realize how bad Dooley screwed up by not challenging the play where Shaw stepped out of bounds & he called the last timeout.

He tried to joke about being on crutches as the reason & then admitted he should've challenged it & how he wasn't sure of the challenge rules.

It never even crossed his mind to challenge it & if it did he would've said he tried to. Instead he said after the game that he didn't have time to argue about it and today tries to make jokes about being on crutches as to why he didn't challenge.

He knows he screwed up and it seems like most people don't realize how big of a mistake that was. That is simple game management.

I'm not saying the outcome would've been different but the play calls would've been different on the last drive with one timeout remaining.

Reactions: 1 person
The guy sounds like he's mailing it in to Bama for recruits. Bama lost out on Clowney and Nhemdiche(think that's his last name lol). They didn't pull Dee Liner. Foster got away from them(don't care what happened in his recruiting). To just lay down for Bama is ridiculous. Dooley saying they draft while we recruit pissed me off maybe more than anything he's ever said. You don't ever say anything like that as the head coach.

And RM20 you and I both know Bama runs this state even when they are down the media caters to Bama. I'm saying Bama doesn't just run the recruiting game though. FSU brought in the best class last year if you ask me. That D-line class is one of the best I've ever seen. On the level of the current Florida junior D-line class. And they redshirted them at that. Which is even crazier.

Also on Casher not getting in, hell you guys got Eddie Lacy in you can get anybody in.

Wouldn't be so quick to rule out Liner to UA. B Matthews one of the AU writers is suggesting he will flip after his visit. Just saying

Last edited:
I went back & watched the horse collar call on Willie Bo in slow motion about 10 times. The ref threw the flag way late after he saw we recovered the fumble. He never even reached for the flag until after Shaw was standing up & he saw we had the ball. It was a little sketchy imo

Im trying to find out what the announcement is about. Its possible Hart announces he will back Dooley and eval him at the end of the season, but thats sounds doubtful. Also trying to find out which boosters are making this claim. A very small percentage of boosters will talk out of their butt to make themselves look more important. But considering who texted me, im pretty sure the info is good.

No announcement anytime soon. What im hearing is this, some boosters are trying to strong arm Hart to make a public statement about Dooley. As ive said all along, Hart most likely makes no announcement unless he has a coach ready to take the job. Ive heard some booster have been in contact with gruden, But Hart HAS NOT spoke with Gruden or his agent. Thats whats floating around the ad, dont know anymore than that.

This all damn day!! I don't get it. He clearly never even thought about it. Unbelievable.

I didn't think he could challenge it even though we would've won because we had to use the last time out and didn't have any left to challenge with. The booth shoulda reviewed the call anyway during the time out since "every play is reviewed".

Win out going 4-0. Finish with 7-5 record and go to a bowl game. Not the season we all wanted but its get us to a bowl game. We should be favored the rest of the way and unless CDD loses one of those games then he will probably be kept. Add another recruiting class and hopefully some key players returning.

I think more guys play this week in the secondary. We know what the starters can do. Lets see the kids. Throw them in there early. Forgot about Blanc. Kid has good size. Let's see if he can be a Sunseri type safety for us.

Win out going 4-0. Finish with 7-5 record and go to a bowl game. Not the season we all wanted but its get us to a bowl game. We should be favored the rest of the way and unless CDD loses one of those games then he will probably be kept. Add another recruiting class and hopefully some key players returning.

Our defense sure could use the extra months worth of practice.

Reactions: 4 people
No announcement anytime soon. What im hearing is this, some boosters are trying to strong arm Hart to make a public statement about Dooley. As ive said all along, Hart most likely makes no announcement unless he has a coach ready to take the job. Ive heard some booster have been in contact with gruden, But Hart HAS NOT spoke with Gruden or his agent. Thats whats floating around the ad, dont know anymore than that.

Thanks. This all sounds reasonable, IMO.

So basically they are waiting to get an answer from Gruden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back