'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

If dooley goes 6-6 does green come or will he be afraid dooley will be canned with another poor performance

I think the most important thing for Green, and recruits generally, is for the program to be on the right track, whether under CDD or a promising new hire. I truly believe that most recruits are sold on a school/conference/playing opportunity moreso than a coach, unless we're talking about an icon.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Green is a Vol it will have to be a commitment and signing under a new HC.

I think there is a good chance Graham is retained, but thats just my opinion. I would think that helps.

Don't see this guy coming here with the questions surrounding the coaching staff. Would love to be wrong tho.

Coaching changes aren't a bad thing especially if you're upgrading. The new guy will convince him to come, plus he liked Tennessee when he was here.

Asshat on Rivals Recruiting Chat concerning Green

Mike Farrell: Casey -- he doesn't get back until later today or tonight so we will see. I have to assume Michigan will be in driver's seat after this with Tennessee and Auburn coaches on hot seat

Asshat on Rivals Recruiting Chat concerning Green

Mike Farrell: Casey -- he doesn't get back until later today or tonight so we will see. I have to assume Michigan will be in driver's seat after this with Tennessee and Auburn coaches on hot seat

If Dave Hart wants to really help this football program, he needs to come out and support Dooley so these recruits can make a committment. If not, other schools recruiters are going to hound our recruits with "Dooley will be fired". Come co Hart, Support Your School!!!

If Dave Hart wants to really help this football program, he needs to come out and support Dooley so these recruits can make a committment. If not, other schools recruiters are going to hound our recruits with "Dooley will be fired". Come co Hart, Support Your School!!!

At this point, no one would buy that anyway.

imo, we will look better to recruits if they know Dools will be gone than we will if they know he is coming back so we don't have to buy out his contract. Dead man walking.

Reactions: 1 person

...or, he could work his tail off, fire Dooley as soon as possible and name the next coach.

Either option would shut up the uncertainty question surrounding the program.

...or, he could work his tail off, fire Dooley as soon as possible and name the next coach.

Either option would shut up the uncertainty question surrounding the program.

I like your option better. Gonna storm Peyton Manning Pass with pitch forks if he doesn't get it done.

No if Hart really wants to help this football program he'll fire Dooley now, get the right coach in as soon as possible so this guy can start recruiting. The worse thing you could do is to keep a bad coach for ONE recruiting class.

Last edited:
I think the most important thing for Green, and recruits generally, is for the program to be on the right track, whether under CDD or a promising new hire. I truly believe that most recruits are sold on a school/conference/playing opportunity moreso than a coach, unless we're talking about an icon.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

And see this is what scares me. We keep Dooley who is not getting it done just to try and pull in these prospects and they burn us in the end because of lack of improvement and then we are screwed

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back