Official Jon Gruden Thread II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be fine with the FG if Dooley had just came out and explained that the opportunity to increase Palardy's confidence has more benefit than a garbage time TD.

Chicken or the egg argument.

Gruden will not accept publicly while there is no job opening. I'd say they won't make a public announcement without some assurances.

Regardless....Dooley is gone and that is a fact.

That's what I was hoping. It seems to me that if G turns us down we'd be better off exploring Plan B options with Dooley still publicly the coach than with an interim.

Just in from Ainge, "Why is Dooley having a press conference today? Why are they putting him through this? Enough is enough, time to fire the coach." LOL

Correction....Basilio

Last edited:
"Why are they putting Dooley thru a press conference today"? "Why are we having to go thru this"? "What are we doing"? Tony B. right now

I just dont understand, if they have already informed him. Why even risk giving him a chance to pull out an upset and save his job or at least the appearance to the public. We would look like a bunch of monkeys bagin' a football to fire a coach that an still "win" 8.

Calling bs on what there? It's just my opinion and I believe that giving Palardy confidence would indeed be more important than a garbage TD that means absolutely nothing. He didn't come out and say that so that tells me it wasn't the case. Just saying if he had come out and explained that right away I would have been ok with it.

That's what I was hoping. It seems to me that if G turns us down we'd be better off exploring Plan B options with Dooley still publicly the coach than with an interim.

Just as likely scenario as an interim. Health may be an issue in this happening though. Once you know you are done and have $5m sitting waiting on you kind of hard to justify hobbling around the sidelines on crutches in excruciating pain especially with Dooleys attitude.

I do feel for him if he knows he is gone, How much would it suck to have to do the TV show, the Monday presser, Volcalls for a fans base that already cost you your job. I would be afraid I would flip out and tell em all to eff off.

"I believe Dooley had a bet with Saban where Saban said I bet we beat you by 34 and he said no you won't and kicked a feild goal" Tony B. HAHAHA!

I just dont understand, if they have already informed him. Why even risk giving him a chance to pull out an upset and save his job or at least the appearance to the public. We would look like a bunch of monkeys bagin' a football to fire a coach that an still "win" 8.

My absolute biggest concern right now is this. Thats why there was a push yesterday and last night to get it done. Winning out convincingly would not change what is going to happen but could change the attitudes about it. Even some of the minority "Pro Dooley" people have started to come around......

Can't wait!

jon-gruden-fist-pound-fail.gif

:dance2:

zXWvQ

I like this one better...

Reactions: 3 people
I don't post very often, mainly just read the info on the various forums. With that said, dear God, let Jon gruden be the vols next coach. Can someone knight me, sir me, whatever me and make me an official Grudenite?

Reactions: 2 people
Calling bs on what there? It's just my opinion and I believe that giving Palardy confidence would indeed be more important than a garbage TD that means absolutely nothing. He didn't come out and say that so that tells me it wasn't the case. Just saying if he had come out and explained that right away I would have been ok with it.

Dooley has no balls. That chip didn't mean crap.

My absolute biggest concern right now is this. Thats why there was a push yesterday and last night to get it done. Winning out convincingly would not change what is going to happen but could change the attitudes about it. Even some of the minority "Pro Dooley" people have started to come around......

Too little, too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back