Official Jon Gruden Thread II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the idea of letting Dooley finish the season. Do it now. If Gruden is the guy let him start contacting recruits now and getting his staff together.

I like Dooley as a person and wanted him to do well but it just wasn't gonna happen. I wouldn't mind if we could win out the season to let Dooley and the university save a little face, and name Gruden HC during bowl break.

Disagree. IF it's gonna happen rip on the band aid. The more time passes the more things can go wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
It would have looked horrible nationally but I was for letting Dooley go after UK. We saw all we needed to know that day.

Disagree. IF it's gonna happen rip on the band aid. The more time passes the more things can go wrong.

Didn't OH st. Do exactly what I'm talking about though? Hired UM and let him recruit and build his staff while tressel finished the season?

If an interim can win out without Dools being there than by all means close the door on him.

Reactions: 1 person
I just think we should not put ourselves in the position where we are firing a guy after he just won against a top 25 team. Yes the chances are slim but the way things have gone for us lately this is exactly what is going to happen.

That's stupid if it's true.

He should be fired today. Don't give him a chance to garner some support by beating some awful teams, even if the decision has already been made.

Beating awful teams would not have gotten him the support he needed. I agree he needs to go like now but all along we've been saying after the SCar game. Either way, he's done.

I just think we should not put ourselves in the position where we are firing a guy after he just won against a top 25 team. Yes the chances are slim but the way things have gone for us lately this is exactly what is going to happen.

I think IF...and thats a big one...we win, it will be one of two things:

1) It was a fluke, just like rolling the dice good once on an otherwise bad run at the tables...

2) USCe is highly overrated and is on the downhill slide...

Just spoke with a player at work from back in the day EVERYONE here would know, at least everyone that doesn't think Andy Kelly and Heath Schuler are ancient lol. He said after the clock management at halftime he went home and finished it on the TV. He was very emotional in telling how embarrassing this is to him and other players. He did say, "Well at least its over". Said he has heard the Gruden rumblings but doesnt know anything about that but that is would be great.

Didn't OH st. Do exactly what I'm talking about though? Hired UM and let him recruit and build his staff while tressel finished the season?

If an interim can win out without Dools being there than by all means close the door on him.

Happens all the time

That's stupid if it's true.

He should be fired today. Don't give him a chance to garner some support by beating some awful teams, even if the decision has already been made.

I'm not sure I would want Gruden walking into what is already a "busted" season if he even would. Why not a clean slate like already mentioned around the time of the Championship Game?

Another thing, Gruden is a professional and probably would not want to hang ESPN out to dry in mid season. After the scheduled NCAA season there would be far less of a problem with perception on a professional level and he could finish out the MNF season without too much of an issue. Or am I looking at this wrong?

I don't like the idea of letting Dooley finish the season. Do it now. If Gruden is the guy let him start contacting recruits now and getting his staff together.

Even if it's not Gruden, if the decision has already been made to let Dooley go and he has been told. It might be better to make the announcement pretty soon and go with a interim coach.

Don't be modest. Any bammers sweating the murmurs of Saban to the Browns.

None - they believe he will stay here for ever and a fully poised for the possibility that they may not win an NC every year - just most years.

IOW - still delusional

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back