Official Jon Gruden Thread II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wanted out??? He's a quitter! But wanted his buyout. The plot thickens. Too many people say he's a nice guy. This article dispels that.

Reactions: 1 person
Of course they know. Remember the much lauded team meeting last week......

I have to admit the quotes from the two players (Stone and I can't remember the second one) saying they weren't playing for their coach's job but were essentially playing "for the team" were very odd. Not so much for what was said but for what was not said--not a word of support for Dooley or any reference to him of any kind.

If Dooley knows he is an idiot for putting his health at risk. The hip problem is good way to bow out without losing too much face.

I have to admit the quotes from the two players (Stone and I can't remember the second one) saying they weren't playing for their coach's job but were essentially playing "for the team" were very odd. Not so much for what was said but for what was not said--not a word of support for Dooley or any reference to him of any kind.

It was Hunter

Just spoke with a player at work from back in the day EVERYONE here would know, at least everyone that doesn't think Andy Kelly and Heath Schuler are ancient lol. He said after the clock management at halftime he went home and finished it on the TV. He was very emotional in telling how embarrassing this is to him and other players. He did say, "Well at least its over". Said he has heard the Gruden rumblings but doesnt know anything about that but that is would be great.

I played with Andy in high school. What is he now 31 yrs old LOL

I do feel for him if he knows he is gone, How much would it suck to have to do the TV show, the Monday presser, Volcalls for a fans base that already cost you your job. I would be afraid I would flip out and tell em all to eff off.

Not to be picky, but he cost himself his job.

Precisely. It was not a Dooley support meeting. They were trying to rally around each other. It coincided with Dooley being notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back