Official Jon Gruden Thread II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it so hard to fathom he wants to coach? Hell, I would think he would do it for free, but he knows the market. Actually, he even coached his sons high school team. Go figure, its in his blood.

It's not hard to understand that he wants to coach. Is it hard to understand that money doesn't always make people jump. As you said he coached his son's high school team so is it that he loves coaching so much or that was a way to spend time with his kid? I never have been rich, I think God for what I have but to me family is more important. Besides that I would never do twice or three times the work of less than a 10% raise. But that is just me. I love UT football but don't live and die for it so I guess that makes me not a true fan.

Our hero who shall not be named is currently employed with a certain sports network....there are arrangements to be made.

Dang Boro-vol .... I begin following the Vols back when "The swamp Rat" was throwing passes to Richmond Flowers and Johnny Mills, and the suspense of all this is killing me.... Will this be an annouced decision by then???

As a titans fan, this reminds me of the recent Peyton fiasco. I became engulfed with it and convinced he was coming to the titans based on everything I was reading on the internet. However I ended up sadly disappointed. I don't think for one second gruden will come here just based on our prior two searches. Jmo for those getting their hopes up for nothing

As a titans fan, this reminds me of the recent Peyton fiasco. I became engulfed with it and convinced he was coming to the titans based on everything I was reading on the internet. However I ended up sadly disappointed. I don't think for one second gruden will come here just based on our prior two searches. Jmo for those getting their hopes up for nothing

There are a lot of differences between then and now and a real good possibility of this happening so it's not for nothing. Just trust what is being said and hope for the best.

I really don't think anybody needs to hype anything. We Grudenites believe change to believe in is coming soon to Rocky Top. If we are wrong, we are wrong. However, if we are wrong and the hire is not to that level, more of a Sonny Dykes or even Charlie Strong or Kirby Smart - you will know that the UTAD and primary boosters do not have an immediate desire to return to elite status. It will be Bon Jovi all over again.

I have been a closet Grudenite since the first time I heard of his name coming up. I have supported Dooley and still wish him the best, but if to get Gruden we had to kick Dooley out the door this week, I would support the move. He would be huge for us

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back