Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...but its BYOB.

Ok...I am preparing to squat on a keg as I type.

This morning, Jon is currently discussing the job with Phil Fulmer over a game of golf...

images

He's ranting about the Grudenites and negavols. I think he means you.

He is right! I talked to Derek a few minutes ago and he is ok with Jon taking over. Derek just wants to know if he can stay around and coach the tight ends (for $1.8 million per year). I said "heck yeah!" It is cheaper than the buy out.

They are pals...

images

LOL, the old "true Vol fan" chant. I laugh every time someone throws that at me. I'm a Bears fan, I've sat through 10-12 yr stretches of non stop mediocrity with them. When they had Wanstadt (sp.?) and Dick Jauran I cheered like heck for them even though it was glaringly obvious that they were mediocre at best. And both would always have a decent enough year to convince some, then turn right around and SUCK! Sorry, but this is what I see with Dooley. He might win 8-9 games but will NEVER sustain or out do that level of success IMO. I'll cheer for them, still doesn't mean he should be or should have ever been the head coach at The University of Tennessee.

It's such a simple concept, isn't it?

Look at the team Gruden beat in the Super Bowl and ask yourself who built them.

An average coach doesn't take two teams to their respective conference title games, much less win a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson at QB.

An average coach doesn't have a winning record overall as an NFL HC.

Look at where Gruden came from. He worked under Bill Walsh and Holmgren, alongside Mariucci and Reid. You aren't "average" when you work on a staff with those guys.

It's mind boggling that anyone can say Gruden isn't the best available HC today. I don't understand it. College quarterbacks beg him to critique them before the draft. He won while working under Al Davis (who's the last coach to do that?) He's one of the most respected offensive minds in the game.

To ignore that because a defense got old and he was working for one of the worst owners in all of the NFL is absurd.

tumblr_m7byydenxJ1r18olo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back