Atlanta Braves III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vizcaino is ready mid-season '13 at earliest and who knows when/if he'll return to pre-TJS form. Maholm ain't great, but he's been pretty decent for the Cubs this season. Nice addition to the back of the rotation and being LH may be of benefit against Harper, LaRoche, Votto, Bruce, Ethier, etc. in any potential playoff matchup.

Johnson can play all the OF spots at an above average level and he's real good against LHP.

What he looked like last fall when I watched him dominate in Atlanta? Are we in a time machine?
He's pitched a grand total of 17 games in the majors and has a 4.67 ERA with a 1.44 WHIP. Not sure what is so dominant about that.

Ok. Enjoy the Paul Maholm era

You're the one that called him dominant not me.

I don't mean to dog Vizcaino, but you're acting like he took the league by storm and two UCL tears into his career he's a sure thing. He might end up being good, but the risk is undeniable.

You're the one that called him dominant not me.

I don't mean to dog Vizcaino, but you're acting like he took the league by storm and two UCL tears into his career he's a sure thing. He might end up being good, but the risk is undeniable.

I watched him be dominate. His stuff is what's undeniable. Torn UCLs mean very little. Once it's partially torn, you're headed for TJ sooner or later. The two years you keep stressing mean nothing. TJ happens now.

At least they didn't go through with the rumored original trade with the Cubs. I'll definitely take this one in comparison.

Viz has a higher ceiling, better raw stuff

You can't keep them all. Hell, you can't even give them all a reasonable shot in the majors; there aren't enough starts to go around. At some point you have to treat some of them as trading chips and get value for them while you still can.

Vizcaino might never be the same, and even if he is, he wasn't going to going to help the Braves much until 2014. The Braves just turned him into exactly the help they needed down the stretch this year and potentially a much-needed, affordable starter for next year, which takes some of the pressure off their other young pitchers. I'm on board.

He's pitched a grand total of 17 games in the majors and has a 4.67 ERA with a 1.44 WHIP. Not sure what is so dominant about that.

Actually he has started in 21 games 3.74ERA and a 1.22 WHIP

Edit: got in too big of a hurry lol

Last edited:
Mark Bowman @mlbbowman
47s
When talking about Vizcaino Wren referred to him as a power reliever. Many in the industry seem to project him in this role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back