Atlanta Braves III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think that's as much a result of economics as anything else though?

Not at that end of it, or at least it shouldn't be. You can find value; you can find young guys who make close to the minimum. You should scout and trade for and develop bench guys just like you do starters. Unfortunately the Braves have always made it worse because they seem to prefer to bring in grizzled veteran types and ride them until the wheels fall all the way off, and then ride them an extra year just to make sure.

The Braves have always treated the bench like an afterthought, and it has cost them at least one WS title, and they still haven't learned anything.

6. Leaving around 1:30-2.

You will be driving right through downtown Atlanta in the teeth of rush hour. Good luck. Go as early as you can.

When I drive, I like to park in a little lot up at the top of the hill across the corner from the Olympic torch. It's extremely fast to get out and make a right turn directly onto I-75/85 North. I care a whole lot more about getting out easily than I do having the shortest walk to the stadium possible.

I can't recommend the MARTA/shuttle combo at all.

You will be driving right through downtown Atlanta in the teeth of rush hour. Good luck. Go as early as you can.

When I drive, I like to park in a little lot up at the top of the hill across the corner from the Olympic torch. It's extremely fast to get out and make a right turn directly onto I-75/85 North. I care a whole lot more about getting out easily than I do having the shortest walk to the stadium possible.

I can't recommend the MARTA/shuttle combo at all.

Alright. I wanted to leave early, but my brother has a previous commitment, but will do what we can.

Olympic Torch. I'll remember that.

Any advice on parking, eating, etc.? I'll be going tomorrow.

Parking will be easy on a Tuesday night vs the Marlins. Drive all the way down there but beware you're coming in during rush hour. Traffic will get tight at I-285 and then probably completely lock up when you get to the connector. Leave as early as possible.

Take some time out in the plaza and maybe find something to eat and watch the end of BP from the centerfield concourse. You can also look down into the bullpen and watch the pitcher warmup. Kind of a neat vantage point to see the velocity. If theres time, go to the museum out in left centerfield. Also, wait until about the 3rd or 4th inning and walk up to the 400 level in left field and take in the view from the sky field area.

Have a good time. It's a great place to watch a game.

Parking will be easy on a Tuesday night vs the Marlins. Drive all the way down there but beware you're coming in during rush hour.

Take some time out in the plaza and maybe find something to eat and watch the end of BP from the centerfield concourse. You can also look down into the bullpen and watch the pitcher warmup. Kind of a neat vantage point to see the velocity. If theres time, go to the museum out in left centerfield. Also, wait until about the 3rd or 4th inning and walk up to the 400 level in left field and take in the view from the sky field area.

Have a good time. It's a great place to watch a game.

Yeah. I've heard bad stories about rush hour. Hopefully God is merciful tomorrow lol.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

Yeah. I've heard bad stories about rush hour. Hopefully God is merciful tomorrow lol.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

Traffic in ATL is funny. It can be awful. It can be surprisingly OK. Just depends on if anybody runs over anybody else between 3 & 6:00. Just get in the HOV lane when you get to 285 and stay there until you get to the 75/85 merge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back