'13 GA OLB Reuben Foster

Did you guys not already have that with JJ, A Douglas, and Nuke to name a few.

Kinda funny that A.Douglas wasn't a Kiffin recruit(I don't think). And Saban took him in a class. Also didn't Bama offer Janzen Jackson? Hmmmm....... I guess it takes the talent level of the player down. Janzen earned his scholarship at UT if you ask me. Did more in two years than 90% of players do in 4-5 years. And Douglas(RIP) got into worse trouble under Saban than he did under any other coach. Bama has players get in trouble on the regular but it never gets out(trust me I know).

Kinda funny that A.Douglas wasn't a Kiffin recruit(I don't think). And Saban took him in a class. Also didn't Bama offer Janzen Jackson? Hmmmm....... I guess it takes the talent level of the player down. Janzen earned his scholarship at UT if you ask me. Did more in two years than 90% of players do in 4-5 years. And Douglas(RIP) got into worse trouble under Saban than he did under any other coach. Bama has players get in trouble on the regular but it never gets out(trust me I know).

You actually missed the point. You said 1 or 2 out 25 would be worth the risk and apparantly that logic did not bode well for UT.

I know you are a UA insider and the REC covers all up.:)

You actually missed the point. You said 1 or 2 out 25 would be worth the risk and apparantly that logic did not bode well for UT.

I know you are a UA insider and the REC covers all up.:)

Hell all of your star players party in Birmingham. Lol

But 1 or 2 misses/risks per class is a great ratio. And Bama took certain guys early on with these sort of risks. Saban just got them out of the program(Burton Scott). Others that were bust he ran off or kept around for GPA reasons(Tyler Love lol). It happens everywhere.

Hell all of your star players party in Birmingham. Lol

But 1 or 2 misses/risks per class is a great ratio. And Bama took certain guys early on with these sort of risks. Saban just got them out of the program(Burton Scott). Others that were bust he ran off or kept around for GPA reasons(Tyler Love lol). It happens everywhere.

I agree but for every high profile recruit that is also a high risk you need to take others that are more low risk as well. The sad part of recruiting is alot of these kids come from varied backgrounds that bring different circumstances that the staff have to deal with. These coaches look at far more than talent now and have to determine if they can also develop the kid off the field to make and yes UA has had it share.

In the end you hope these high profile kids see the value of their skill and fly straight so they realize their NFL potential which only helps your program.

Guess Saban expected this to happen at some point because he picked up the recruitment of Matthew Thomas. MT's rumored to be making a visit to TT in the next few weeks. Saban just replaces one 5* with another.

Last edited:
Who are you to judge? Mind your own business.

Maybe my take on his statement was wrong, but as a DAd myself, no way was I prepared to be a good father as a teenager. Just my interpretation and opinion. Maybe he should expand his staement rather than "..."?

Guess Saban expected this to happen at some point because he picked up the recruitment of Matthew Thomas. MT's rumored to be making a visit to TT in the next few weeks. Saban just replaces one 5* with another.

Thomas named Bama his leader but i dont think alot of bama fans are buying it , I think he will stay close to home when its all said and done.

and yes Saban knew it was going to happen when he transferred, his high school coach in GA had a bad reputation regarding recruited kids and Reuben was of course was close to him.

I think some people keep forgetting about Jonathan Allen, who is a stud. of course bama fans are not happy about what happened but LB is a spot that isnt hurting there.

Thomas named Bama his leader but i dont think alot of bama fans are buying it , I think he will stay close to home when its all said and done.

and yes Saban knew it was going to happen when he transferred, his high school coach in GA had a bad reputation regarding recruited kids and Reuben was of course was close to him.

I think some people keep forgetting about Jonathan Allen, who is a stud. of course bama fans are not happy about what happened but LB is a spot that isnt hurting there.

Was told the only issue keeping Thomas from Bama is his mother. MT is trying to get her up to meet Saban this summer. Something to watch heading into the fall.

Was told the only issue keeping Thomas from Bama is his mother. MT is trying to get her up to meet Saban this summer. Something to watch heading into the fall.

Exactly. The mom wants him to play at Miami and he wants to be at UA. If he comes as scheduled with the mom he will end up at UA IMO.

Also FWIW worth Thomas was a take either way. RF will play ILB Thomas will be OLB if he can put on weight but may end up at S with his current size.

yes. that is true. usually momma wins in these situations, but hopefully the visit will happen

im not naive to think Bama doesnt do dirt as well, AU just offered more to him and his family, its that simple. how do u think Oxford even got in the picture as a destination, u think he was going there freely. we knew the chances of him going to AU were likely as soon as he transferred there. I never will be butthurt over a 17-18 year old kid decision. only thing i didnt like is the way he did it which is disrespectful regardless of what program u root for. a phone call could have been the mature way to do it. but as we all know some of the kids turn in drama queens.

I bet you said the same thing when Yeldon flipped because you are unbiased and rational, like all Alabama fans.

Reactions: 1 person
I bet you said the same thing when Yeldon flipped because you are unbiased and rational, like all Alabama fans.

Two differences here. One UA fans have yet to get on Foster's twitter and threaten his family like AU fans did with Yeldon. Still early and could happen but with Yeldon it happened immediately. Two Yeldon's parents did not move into a new house over looking a lake.

Sometimes you just get outbid.:)

VN Store

Back