The Association Football Thread

You just missed the Libertadores, bummer. It's pretty fun to watch, although most South American competitions get broadcast here only on Spanish language channels. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as you have a rudimentary understanding of Spanish it's very entertaining.

The leagues are all in full-swing, though. If you have them, check out ESPN and Fox Deportes.

Neymar isn't going anywhere this summer. WOuldn't be surprised if he didn't move until after WC 2014.

I wouldn't either, but he would be wise to try and play in Europe for a year or two prior to the WC. He needs to get acclimated to playing against the best or the best before stepping onto soccer's biggest stage.

Wat?

Mourinho runs a 4-2-3-1, correct?

Modric can play four out of the five slots in the midfield. I think we'll see him take over Xabi Alonso's spot at defensive mid, and he can move to fill in for Ozil or Cristiano Ronaldo when they get injured.

Wat?

Mourinho runs a 4-2-3-1, correct?

Modric can play four out of the five slots in the midfield. I think we'll see him take over Xabi Alonso's spot at defensive mid, and he can move to fill in for Ozil or Cristiano Ronaldo when they get injured.

lol, he's not touching xabi Alonso's starting spot. Just not going to happen. Actual quite hilarious that you even suggest that. He can't play on the wing where Ronaldo, Di Maria play and he's not going to play over Ozil. Mourinho likes players that allow him to go from defense to attack lightning fast. Modric would not fit in that system as part of the front four. He would substitute for Alonso when he rests, which is basically never. Alonso is Madrid's Xavi.

lol, he's not touching xabi Alonso's starting spot. Just not going to happen. Actual quite hilarious that you even suggest that. He can't play on the wing where Ronaldo, Di Maria play and he's not going to play over Ozil. Mourinho likes players that allow him to go from defense to attack lightning fast. Modric would not fit in that system as part of the front four. He would substitute for Alonso when he rests, which is basically never. Alonso is Madrid's Xavi.
Fair enough... Best I can glean is that he can fill in for khedira, xabi alonso, ozil or ronaldo off the bench or when theyre out. Madrid has that kind of money though

Long story short, they were dodging taxes for years, using the credit of future season ticket sales to string themselves along. They finally had to pay the piper and announced liquidation. The SPL just voted to relegate them to the bottom tier

Long story short, they were dodging taxes for years, using the credit of future season ticket sales to string themselves along. They finally had to pay the piper and announced liquidation. The SPL just voted to relegate them to the bottom tier

i think that happened to Pachuca this year, except the Mexican government came in and cleaned house. even took the practice balls.

VN Store

Back