New Commit

He's a good poster but I don't get the logic of picking out a guy's worst listed offer and implying that we beat that team for this guy.

I think we are fine here, but this guy doesn't have many great offers. Vanderbilt, Oregon State, Washington, Missouri, Colorado State, Arizona State, etc. doesn't scream outstanding. Any great offers that I am missing?

Fine. What's his best offer?

Mizzou probably. Not great but not picked up out of the bargain bin like a few of our other commits.

I'm not happy with our recruiting either but UT just isn't as attractive right now. Either CDD steps up this year and it'll pick up or Hart will find somebody who will.

I think we are fine here, but this guy doesn't have many great offers. Vanderbilt, Oregon State, Washington, Missouri, Colorado State, Arizona State, etc. doesn't scream outstanding. Any great offers that I am missing?

Definitely not outstanding. But we're landing two top 250 guys at OL so I'm fine taking a high risk/high reward guy like Skipper.

Not sure why everyone is so up in arms about this recruit (other than his 3* rating on the rating services). This guy is huge and seems to be very athletic for his size. I don't see how he can't have a huge impact on the OL and special teams. Give him a redshirt and a year in the conditioning program and he will be a stud. I trust Coach Pittman's evaluation.

On a side note, I think I see a pattern here with regard to Coach Dooley's recruiting. We currently don't any recruit shorter than 6'1" and last year only had 3 (2 RB's and 1 CB) shorter than 6'. Dooley is really trying bring in players who are bigger and hopefully just as athletic.

Definitely not outstanding. But we're landing two top 250 guys at OL so I'm fine taking a high risk/high reward guy like Skipper.

You aren't concerned about the OL? We haven't had a good offensive line in a long time, and we didn't sign any last year.

Skipper is not exactly high risk. Just needs some weight. Already close to 300, some big time schools are taking a look at him, if he had another 15 on his frame he would be higher ranked.

The concern is how much he can bend his knees to effectively block. Looking at his video shows he doesn't have a problem with that.

Look for his recruiting to pick up if he doesn't completely shut it down. I hope he does though cause he will be a good one after McKeefry gets done with him.

Reactions: 1 person
Skipper is not exactly high risk. Just needs some weight. Already close to 300, some big time schools are taking a look at him, if he had another 15 on his frame he would be higher ranked.

The concern is how much he can bend his knees to effectively block. Looking at his video shows he doesn't have a problem with that.

Look for his recruiting to pick up if he doesn't completely shut it down. I hope he does though cause he will be a good one after McKeefry gets done with him.

If this kid is a legitimate 6'10" as a junior in high school, then he could be 7'0" by the time he arrives (or plays) at UT. I see a few issues - 1) as you suggested, his ability to bend his knees could be an issue. At that height, skilled DE's could be able to get low to get around him. 2) How mobile is he? 285 pounds on a 6'10" frame is actually relatively skinny, but most 6'10" guys don't have any lateral quickness. 3) At that height, a QB's ability to see over him could very will be an issue.

I wonder if this kid could end up being moved to tight end.

On paper we have an excellent line right now. You guys are using paper to evaluate this guy.

The most recent "paper" on our offensive line shows it to be amongst the very worst teams in all of Division I football in run blocking. You might want to consider that fact before you start pronouncing them to be excellent on paper.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back