Barnhart: Vols on right track says Dooley

That's easy. he would have crashed and burned, and then would have promptly left for another coaching position.

Seriously? You think Saban would do all that with the current roster at UT? Yet you expect Dooley, with the same roster, to go 8-4 or maybe 9-3, get a contract extension and cap it off with a STELLAR recruiting class for '13........ As much as anyone, I hope this happens..

Anyway, my original question was hypothetical. My point being, that a record of say, 8-4 this year is not necessarily a great accomplishment IMO.. It's simply what Dooley has to do to keep his job. Again, my opinion..

Saban took over a program that always has (and probably always will be) second tier program in its own state. Dooley was taking over the winningest program in college football over the 85 years prior to his arrival.

We had NO UPPERCLASSMEN TO SPEAK OF.

Mmmkay?

Saban at least had some upperclassmen. Dooley did not.

You are out of your damn mind, on both counts.

You've gone full rtard, son. NEVER do that.

It doesn't matter how you describe it. To say that Lane Kiffin left this program in worse shape than what Saban inherited in Michigan St. shows a complete absence of understanding.

You might want to stick to baseball. You obviously don't know jack about college football.

no what you're doing is using a completely irrelevant stat to try and make him look bad.

EXACTLY.

Serious question: You seriously want to talk as if Saban inherited a bigger mess than CDD did?

He does. Bless his little heart, he does.

If you had recognized the context of that statement, you would have realized that it is in reference to Worley (a freshman, like Peterman will be) starting half of last season.

In my eyes, 8-4 is NOT a sign of improvement with a potential AA taking the snaps.

It sounded like you were saying Bray would get benched. So you were saying he would get injured? Playing the ol' "Bray is Fragile" card again?

That's almost worse than the "Bray is gonna get Benched" card.

We had NO UPPERCLASSMEN TO SPEAK OF.

Mmmkay?

Saban at least had some upperclassmen. Dooley did not.

You've gone full rtard, son. NEVER do that.

You might want to stick to baseball. You obviously don't know jack about college football.

EXACTLY.

Haha, rich coming from this guy.

I can't tell you what I think of you without violating board rules. So we will just disagree.

way to keep your composure

Ask a knowledgable Alabama fan if DD or Saban came into a worse situation. Ask anyone with knowledge of both situations and rosters who came into a worse situation.

way to keep your composure

Ask a knowledgable Alabama fan if DD or Saban came into a worse situation. Ask anyone with knowledge of both situations and rosters who came into a worse situation.

And you go out and prove me right. Ask a knowledgeable person in this thread if I was talking about Alabama.

VN Store

Back