Are these reports out of Miami Shannon's way of angling for the job

There was a guy from Miami just yesterday or the day before that tweeted, congrats to randy Shannon on landing the UT job.. Or something like that... And then after bein asked about it he said, his sources who t very close to Shannon said that he's finalizing a contract with UT... I'd say that's what the OP is talking about.

Shannon's way of promoting himself. He wants his name to float around as much as possible

Usually when this happens the coaches agent put out a big story a few days later saying the coach turned down the offer to make it look like he was the schools first choice I.E. Fulmer style

Shannon's way of promoting himself. He wants his name to float around as much as possible

Hell he has done more than float his name around. Over 6 schools have talked or tried to interview him outside of us. He just keeps turning everyone down definitively. I am not sure but we are the only school that he hasn't publicly said no or said he wasn't interested in.

I read that a couple media members in Miami have wrote that sources close to Shannon have confirmed this or that about the TN job. Obviously his agent is putting out these reports for some reason?

As I have said, nothing would surprise me at this point..No what knows what the hell i s going on or who is gonna be hired.:detective:

shannon probably wants too much money and dooley doesn't want him around acting like a second head coach.

And these are "The Days of Volnation".....kinda fun actually because nothing else better to do right now, too rainy and too cold to go outside so I'm stuck in the house in front of my computer.:rock:

Shannon has baggage, he got a 4 yr extension in 2010 and was fired 7 months later. Miami owes him 1.5 million on a buyout and the reason he turned down the Maryland DC job last February was he did not want to loose this money. So needless to say he wants it both ways, He ain't coming to Tennessee either.

Shannon has baggage, he got a 4 yr extension in 2010 and was fired 7 months later. Miami owes him 1.5 million on a buyout and the reason he turned down the Maryland DC job last February was he did not want to loose this money. So needless to say he wants it both ways, He ain't coming to Tennessee either.

This sounds legit. He likely wanted the buyout money and a handsome salary.

Chuck Oliver on 680am in Atl. (chuckoliver.net) just said on air that the Shannon camp has denied there was ever interest in UT DC job opening.

I read a big article he did after he turned down Maryland and he said he still wanted to coach. But this time Shannon is not turning down TN; he keeps flaming the fire.

do we hire a coach or interview to see who's the best candidate?i'm sure we put feelers out to coaches to see who might be interested.
i don't think anybody knows anything right now.people are just guessing and that's including the media.

VN Store

Back