The Golf Thread

Shot a 74 today from the blue's at Pres Reserve. That is my best ever, though we did play clean and place. Can't believe it. It was damp and there was no roll. First round ever when I really only hit a couple of bad shots. Don't know why I can't do that everytime.

Shot a 74 today from the blue's at Pres Reserve. That is my best ever, though we did play clean and place. Can't believe it. It was damp and there was no roll. First round ever when I really only hit a couple of bad shots. Don't know why I can't do that everytime.

Nice going. When you're hitting it well, wet conditions are definitely your friend.

I'm thinking about getting my putter re-gripped and getting one of these. Anyone have this or know someone that does? Looking for reviews.

Attachments

• golf.jpg
    golf.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 57
I'm thinking about getting my putter re-gripped and getting one of these. Anyone have this or know someone that does? Looking for reviews.

Got one on my Odyssey and I swear by it.. People laugh when they see it. Then they roll a putt with it and say "Man, that feels pretty good."

Got one on my Odyssey and I swear by it.. People laugh when they see it. Then they roll a putt with it and say "Man, that feels pretty good."

did you change your grip(hands) after you got it or did you keep your hands the same as you had on the standard size grip? Why did you decide to change to this grip? I've only been golfing a little more than a year and I was told that it is a great grip for golfers with too much hand movement. Also did you get the "fatso" like the one in the pic? Thanks

did you change your grip(hands) after you got it or did you keep your hands the same as you had on the standard size grip? Why did you decide to change to this grip? I've only been golfing a little more than a year and I was told that it is a great grip for golfers with too much hand movement. Also did you get the "fatso" like the one in the pic? Thanks

I use the Fatso and converted from a reverse overlap to a 10 finger grip. It really quieted my hands and the size of the grip forced me to ease my grip pressure which gives me better feel.

I use the Fatso and converted from a reverse overlap to a 10 finger grip. It really quieted my hands and the size of the grip forced me to ease my grip pressure which gives me better feel.

Awesome. Thats what I'm looking for. Thanks dude

If you're not sure about the Fatso, the next size down offers similar benefits. I think it's as much about the grip having a uniform thickness for both hands as anything else.

If you're not sure about the Fatso, the next size down offers similar benefits. I think it's as much about the grip having a uniform thickness for both hands as anything else.

GA, I played golf before football season down in Atlanta. Very nice club and the name skips my mind. We teed off right behind Matt Ryan. Dude can play. Course was tough.

GA, I played golf before football season down in Atlanta. Very nice club and the name skips my mind. We teed off right behind Matt Ryan. Dude can play. Course was tough.

I'd guess you were at one of the courses on the north side of town. A lot of athletes live up in the Alpharetta area.

I have something similar that Winn makes. It made a difference for me. I would recommend this one or the Winn version.

I can't ever follow up a good round. I have to put that good round behind me. Instead of staying hot, it's like I think too much and try to play really well, but my grip gets tighter and it makes me late.]. When I go low, I'm usually not focused on it.

Hawk's Ridge? Matt also plays AAC and CCS a lot.

Personally, I do not care for TPC courses. I hate "gimmick" golf. The only TPC course I like is Sawgrass because it is older and not as tricked up.

Personally, I do not care for TPC courses. I hate "gimmick" golf. The only TPC course I like is Sawgrass because it is older and not as tricked up.

It's a good course, but I found all the fake mounding and crossties to be flat out goofy in some places.

It's a good course, but I found all the fake mounding and crossties to be flat out goofy in some places.

The more houses on a course, the higher my score goes. If I can't damage anything with one wayward drive where I spin out of a shot, I'm more likely to hit them straight.

Isn't Sugarloaf, the one that had a Penthouse Pet running a brothel in it...
Pretty sure that came out a few years ago...

Isn't Sugarloaf, the one that had a Penthouse Pet running a brothel in it...
Pretty sure that came out a few years ago...

That's the one. It's also the same place where a friend and I were admiring a monster house adjacent to a fairway and wondering who owned it . . . Then Lex Lugar came wandering out onto the deck.

That's the one. It's also the same place where a friend and I were admiring a monster house adjacent to a fairway and wondering who owned it . . . Then Lex Lugar came wandering out onto the deck.

Didn't he live right off the 9th green?

VN Store

Back