Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three years later and it looks like firing CPF has led to more wins over major opponents. At least our coach is highly educated and witty now. That is worth 2 wins?

Truth is: If you are a Hamilton fan, you are in a heap of trouble. He is gone, never to return. He will probably surface at an Accounting firm. You would have to follow him there taking some firm public.

We are a crazy , sometimes blind and irrational fanbase, but there is nothing sadder and more delusional on this site than utgibbs 3 year ongoing campaign for Fulmer. It's sad bc they don't prescribe any medicine for it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

crazy for an upset win at some point

Can you guys imagine how good of shape we would be in with a couple more recruiting classes like we had in '08? We'd be ROLLIN!

With awesome receivers like Je'Ron Stokes and Damien Thigpen, a line anchored by studs like Carson Anderson, Kevin Revis, and Preston Bailey, and Nigel Mitchell-Thornton and Jerod Askew patrolling the middle of the field, how could we lose?

Please explain. I'm trying to find reference to the real world outside the back door, and I have found none.

In the real world, Derek Dooley is the head coach of your football team. Either get behind him and get over the fact that Fulmer isn't coaching here anymore and stop posting about your back door or support another team. We got beat by a better team in a hostile environment yesterday without our best player. It may hurt to hear, but that team that beat us is in a lot better place in terms of personnel...we're slowly recovering from the hole that we were left in when Dooley took over. It's not his fault, but, to borrow a phrase from your beloved, he's "workin' like heck" to get us back on track.

This is a young team; it's understandable that they started slow in that setting, especially with the crushing blow of injury to Hunter. And, yeah, we came out in the third and made a mistake, but we didn't lay down...we fought. I appreciate that from these guys. This was one loss, but hopefully one that they are able to learn from.

This is Dooley's team whether you like it or not. They're young, but they're working hard, learning a lot, and getting better. That's all we can ask for right now.

That's the real world.

Reactions: 16 people
What's the over/under on the number of years folks are still saying we would be better off if we still had that ball on our chain?

majority consensus I do not think you will get that 0 + -10 = -10

With awesome receivers like Je'Ron Stokes and Damien Thigpen, a line anchored by studs like Carson Anderson, Kevin Revis, and Preston Bailey, and Nigel Mitchell-Thornton and Jerod Askew patrolling the middle of the field, how could we lose?

Watch out Bama!

What kills me is the "either/or" mentality of many in this fanbase have. If Dooley ends up being a dud, it will not change the fact that Fulmer needed to go. It just means Dooley couldn't get it done.

And it's not like it's unique to football, the same crap is going on in the basketball forum with Pearl/Martin. Heck even in the baseball forum some still cling to Delmonico.

What's the over/under on the number of years folks are still saying we would be better off if we still had that ball on our chain?

My worry is: how many years of the real world outside the back door have to pass before people stop parroting this absolute, utter nonsense?

There are positives: those who staked their reputation on Lane "The Drain" Kiffin have mercifully (and quite honorably) decided they need to shut-up for awhile.

A mature decision.

Regardless, I am having a bit of the after-Florida blues, for two reasons:

1. Second year in a row of a really average (by Florida standards) Florida team. They were there for the taking, AGAIN.

2. I failed to see any "Dooley Factor" now 1.3 years into the tenure. Admittedly, he was hamstrung, but every opportunity to see Dooley's oft professed philosophy and structures presented itself yesterday, but instead, the complete opposite happened. As you said, you could not have scripted a worse Q3 for us yesterday, and that has been as constant as Dooley's hair and his entertaining pressers.

At least we've figured out a way to limit the idiotic begging for the resurrection of Fulmer, a decade of ineptitude personified, to a very few threads of the same silliness.

I'm with Lex. I'm dying for the day we get to support his brilliance on someone else's sideline. There, he'll prove his greatness. Surely there are ADs out there who recognize the jillions he's worth their programs.

Reactions: 1 person
What kills me is the "either/or" mentality of many in this fanbase have. If Dooley ends up being a dud, it will not change the fact that Fulmer needed to go. It just means Dooley couldn't get it done.

And it's not like it's unique to football, the same crap is going on in the basketball forum with Pearl/Martin. Heck even in the baseball forum some still cling to Delmonico.

IF Fulmer needed to go (I've always said I can sympathize a little bit), the importance was to somehow hire up. I questioned whether this could be done.

Instead we made the worst hiring decision in almost 60 years of SEC football, and that's including the MP Bama fiasco. The "Hambone Experiment" has hamstrung Coach #2, left him with absolutely a "Lost Year". Moreover, no matter what we want to say, Dooley is doing his On the Job Training at UT. I hope Dooley is LEGEND, but we go from a HoF coach who never had two bad years, and made the SECCG every three, to two coaches who are cutting their teeth at my school.

smh.

"Man I hate having a good offense. I hate being 2-1. We should have kept Fulmer because he could win the big games, except for Wyoming."

Yeah this team has its struggles and is young. They will have growing pains. But, if you can't see the differences in teams, then you are just ignorant.

Reactions: 3 people
"Man I hate having a good offense. I hate being 2-1. We should have kept Fulmer because he could win the big games, except for Wyoming."

Yeah this team has its struggles and is young. They will have growing pains. But, if you can't see the differences in teams, then you are just ignorant.

Problem is, I can see the difference in the teams....

And I have living memory of the Johnny era before Phil.

Ask Bama, Florida and LSU...and any AD on the planet. You get exactly what your boosters are willing to pay for. It is all that simple.

This staff in its entirety is better than anything Fulmer assembled since RG split for GA.

1. Second year in a row of a really average (by Florida standards) Florida team. They were there for the taking, AGAIN.

2. I failed to see any "Dooley Factor" now 1.3 years into the tenure. Admittedly, he was hamstrung, but every opportunity to see Dooley's oft professed philosophy and structures presented itself yesterday, but instead, the complete opposite happened. As you said, you could not have scripted a worse Q3 for us yesterday, and that has been as constant as Dooley's hair and his entertaining pressers.

I think your thoughts on Dooley are fair, I'm not necessarily defending him, but of all ironies for you, yesterday felt exactly like one of Fulmer's trips to the swamp.

As far as "Florida's teams for the taking", I had the same feeling going into yesterday, but I don't think we blew a chance yesterday like we did in '99 and '05.

Ask Bama, Florida and LSU...and any AD on the planet. You get exactly what your boosters are willing to pay for. It is all that simple.

This staff in its entirety is better than anything Fulmer assembled since RG split for GA.

I have followed TN since the 70's and I have nevered heard a coach say he was denied anything he needed. The Head Coach has always said they was given everything they asked for to compete. Maybe they go cheap on hiring a Head Coach. But their recruiting budget and football complex are top notch.

Fulmer had to go.

Kiffin had to go.

Is Dooley the answer? I don't know and my gut says he'll be gone before 2014 but that doesn't change the fact that Fulmer in all likelihood wouldn't be doing any better.

I have followed TN since the 70's and I have nevered heard a coach say he was denied anything he needed. The Head Coach has always said they was given everything they asked for to compete. Maybe they go cheap on hiring a Head Coach. But their recruiting budget and football complex are top notch.
I don't disagree. Mostly, they put their money where their mouth is. New facility is going to give UT coaches a nice advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back