Recruiting in GA (split from recruit threads)

TideWarrior what part of asheville are you in? I have lived in the Asheville area most of my adult life. Season ticket holder at UT since 82. I have made seven trips to Alabama to watch my beloved Vols play the Tide. Great road trip! I really enjoy your posts. Wish fans of all schools had your perception.

TideWarrior what part of asheville are you in? I have lived in the Asheville area most of my adult life. Season ticket holder at UT since 82. I have made seven trips to Alabama to watch my beloved Vols play the Tide. Great road trip! I really enjoy your posts. Wish fans of all schools had your perception.

I moved from TN when I was young to Arden and live in Biltmore Park now. But moving to Chapel Hill this summer. Not a bad place to move but no flyfishing in the middle of the state. Means more free time to spend with the wife. Ouch! 8)

well gee TW, i didn't realize this was TideNation. pot meet kettle if you ask me. thanks for the "advice". By the way, a piece of advice for you, since were all so friendly suddenly; you better contribute early and often to the Tide, because if they treat their fans like they do their players, you'll be a South Alabama fan in 2 years....

well gee TW, i didn't realize this was TideNation. pot meet kettle if you ask me. thanks for the "advice". By the way, a piece of advice for you, since were all so friendly suddenly; you better contribute early and often to the Tide, because if they treat their fans like they do their players, you'll be a South Alabama fan in 2 years....

Another misinformed fan. BTW the way CMR just came out and stated he has no issue with grayshirting or oversigning. I assume that is what you are referring to.

No the problem is when rival fans come on here and try to speak down to the UT fans. You seem to portray a holier than whatever attitude that UGA is so much better than everyone else. I understand you have pride in your program but lets not kid ourselves, UGA is not on top of the world and CMR is not a saint.

I mean I could sit here and discuss how many arrests have taking place at UGA under CMR and players that remained on the program, or how many top recruits have come in and not acheived. Everyone knows UGA has both on the field and off the field issues. Every program does and I am sure UGA will bounce back. But it is the fans that seem to ignore it and want to believe UGA is the greatest program in the country right now. That is fine for a UGA board but not a rival board.

I am a UA fan(diehard), but I understand when I post on Volnation where I am. I try to contirbute info about players that may concern UT fans and get info on players UA is looking at, but I do not post on here to argue back and forth with them. I understand some fun here and now, but again remember the board. If you feel UGA is so much better go post it on a UGA board.

Also if UGA is not so concerned with UT coming into the state and recruiting GA players why have so many UGA fans started lurking around here as of late?

Great post!

are you trying to reffer this quote?:
"You've got 20 spaces but you've still signed 25. Well, you can bring them in during the summer, work them and let your strength staff work with them, and decide which ones you like the best. The other five, you can tell them, 'Hey, we know we signed you, we expect you to come in, but we don't have space for you, we're sorry, but you have to leave and come back in January.'"

After a brief pause, Richt gave his feelings on that particular tactic.

"I think that's an awful thing to do," Richt said. "It's nothing that we have ever done since we've been at Georgia.

if thats having no issue with greyshirting or oversigning, then shoot, I am missinformed. excuse me for basing my opinions on actual quotes and statements. what an idiot i am!!

are you trying to reffer this quote?:
"You've got 20 spaces but you've still signed 25. Well, you can bring them in during the summer, work them and let your strength staff work with them, and decide which ones you like the best. The other five, you can tell them, 'Hey, we know we signed you, we expect you to come in, but we don't have space for you, we're sorry, but you have to leave and come back in January.'"

After a brief pause, Richt gave his feelings on that particular tactic.

"I think that's an awful thing to do," Richt said. "It's nothing that we have ever done since we've been at Georgia.

if thats having no issue with greyshirting or oversigning, then shoot, I am missinformed. excuse me for basing my opinions on actual quotes and statements. what an idiot i am!!

Nice but yes I have the link so lets see here since you like to only post what works for you.

“Not that we haven’t grayshirted, or talked to guys about grayshirting,” Richt added. “If you tell five of those guys ‘Hey we’ve got 20 spaces. I can sign 25. There’s a good chance that by school starts there’ll be room for you, because of the attrition that happens every year everywhere you go. If there’s space for you, you come in with your class. If there’s not space for you, are you willing to come in in January? …

"If you tell them on the front end and they know that, everyone understands that, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. And that’s how we go about it if we’re going to talk to a guy about grayshirting.”

See CMR in his words says it is alright to oversign if the players are told upfront.

In regards to grayshirting again directly from CMR mouth.

Richt said Georgia usually has at least one player that grayshirts in every class. The public doesn’t even know about it, he added.

We know now, thanks CMR.

Bulldogs Blog: Richt slams what he calls 'winning at all costs in college football'

Again what ever makes you sleep better at night.

Richt is a very good guy, and a gifted recruiter.

I am fairly certain this is his last season at UGA, and that the coach they bring in will not be able to beat out Dooley. They are headed back down.

Now we just need Spurrier to retire and we will have one of the longest tenured coaches in the SEC East :)

No the problem is when rival fans come on here and try to speak down to the UT fans. You seem to portray a holier than whatever attitude that UGA is so much better than everyone else. I understand you have pride in your program but lets not kid ourselves, UGA is not on top of the world and CMR is not a saint.

I mean I could sit here and discuss how many arrests have taking place at UGA under CMR and players that remained on the program, or how many top recruits have come in and not acheived. Everyone knows UGA has both on the field and off the field issues. Every program does and I am sure UGA will bounce back. But it is the fans that seem to ignore it and want to believe UGA is the greatest program in the country right now. That is fine for a UGA board but not a rival board.

I am a UA fan(diehard), but I understand when I post on Volnation where I am. I try to contirbute info about players that may concern UT fans and get info on players UA is looking at, but I do not post on here to argue back and forth with them. I understand some fun here and now, but again remember the board. If you feel UGA is so much better go post it on a UGA board.

Also if UGA is not so concerned with UT coming into the state and recruiting GA players why have so many UGA fans started lurking around here as of late?

Wow...you pretty much summed everything up in one post. Classy as always:thumbsup:

I actually like the UGA posters on here and I think they are mostly respectful to the UT posters. I get that this is a rival board and there is a tendency to defend the home turf. You are kind of automatically put on the defense when posting on a rival's board, but much respect for sticking it out and mixing it up with us. That goes for you too, TideWarrior.

so lemme get this straight, all those 5 star busts that have been sent to s. alabama were all told up-front on signing day that, that was the deal, pan out or ship out!? becuase if they're told about it up-front its ok right!? I know with that transparent policy in place, i'd jump at a Bama offer, a chance to see the beautiful sites of Mobile & Lillian. All those 5 star recruits love playing them some 1-AA football the minute they get injured.

so lemme get this straight, all those 5 star busts that have been sent to s. alabama were all told up-front on signing day that, that was the deal, pan out or ship out!? becuase if they're told about it up-front its ok right!? I know with that transparent policy in place, i'd jump at a Bama offer, a chance to see the beautiful sites of Mobile & Lillian. All those 5 star recruits love playing them some 1-AA football the minute they get injured.

I am sure no player that his highly ranked coming out of HS thinks he will ever sit the bench or not make it, but it happens. In regards to 5 star players transferring to a smaller school, they may have an issue with it, but I only know of one 5 star player (Scott) that was recruited by CNS and transferred.

Alot of people do not like Saban and I am fine with that, but he wins and I am also fine with that. Again the majority of all the players who have been kicked off the team(not retained after being arrested) or transferred are not CNS recruits but Shulas. Is his method of cleaning house maybe questionable, probably but when he starts missing on the majority of his players that he recruits or they start getting arrested than I will be concerned.

I questioned Shula's ability in regards to coaching and recruiting and history has showed I may have been right but Saban so far barely misses with his recruits unlike some other coaches in the league.

Inregards to being injured all of those as far as I know just enjoyed a free education and relaxed, because all the ones who no longer played at UA under Saban because of medical did not transfer. Why would they and apparantly were not able to.

BTW I never said it was alright to force someone out if they did not pan out as long as they were told upfront, that was your coach. Rememebr I quoted him. 8)

Burton Scott says hi. I guess my point is, Bama seems to 'purge' its roster every spring. heck its even got a nickname on some sites, "the drive to 85" perhaps you've heard of it. I mean, if thats what you want to do to win, then I'm fine with it, but Own it. Don't try to deny it happens or blame it on past coaches.

Burton Scott says hi. I guess my point is, Bama seems to 'purge' its roster every spring. heck its even got a nickname on some sites, "the drive to 85" perhaps you've heard of it. I mean, if thats what you want to do to win, then I'm fine with it, but Own it. Don't try to deny it happens or blame it on past coaches.

If you are referring to the oversigning site, it is "the march to 85". A site BTW that was created and maintained by a diehard Ohio State fan who happens to be married to a UA alum and they live in Birmingham. He also has stated on his OSU baords the only reason he created the site is because he dislikes CNS and the SEC. On the Ozone he continually makes commits about how bad the people in the south are, how bad the public education is in the south and that no degree from an SEC school, except for Vandy is worht a cent. His posting name on the Ozone is 7ncs7heismans.

Again I have never denied CNS has cleaned house and have stated that sevral times. When he starts missing on the players he recruits and runs them off I will question it. By like any company that gets new management they clean house. Usually the reason they clean house is because the current staff is not cutting it.

Again I mentioned Scott so no biggie but name another 5 star CNS signed that he ran off. There may be. Again not denying and I have no issues not wanting players he did not recruit. You do not recruit just talent but players that fit into your style of play. Shula and Saban are very different in that area.

serious question, are Burton Scott & BJ Scott the same dude!? IDK, maybe i'm old fashioned but i don't like the thought of my coach bringing in 10+ kids to his office every spring after 2 years removed from the excitement of signing them & everything, then telling them a few years later well, thanks for coming here but its not working out cya. but its not illegal I guess.

serious question, are Burton Scott & BJ Scott the same dude!? IDK, maybe i'm old fashioned but i don't like the thought of my coach bringing in 10+ kids to his office every spring after 2 years removed from the excitement of signing them & everything, then telling them a few years later well, thanks for coming here but its not working out cya. but its not illegal I guess.

Yes BJ is Burton.

Again just like you have faith in CMR, I have the same faith in CNS. This fall will be the last fall CNS has recruits on the team that are not his. So come next spring and UA has a large exit with attrition I will start to question CNS. But until than I have no issue with players leaving that do not buy into his program or work well in it that leave. Again this time next year we will see but I think the real measure will be determined once he coaches with only his recruits and how they succeed or if they leave.

It is college football, but the problem is CFB has become a business. Something I do not agree with but it has.

Exactly. Anyone that really believes that Saban actually sat in those living rooms and really explained to those kid what was up and that it was not only possible they could lose the scholly thanks to poor eval by the coaches, but likely at Bama, is a fool.

You guys are right, though. It isn't illegal. Unethical? Immoral? Completely beyond the shadow of a doubt it is. An absolutely deplorable practice. Much like cannibalism in New Guinea, thought, it isn't illegal.

It does fall on the NCAA to put an end to it, the schools are just taking advantage of a loophole in the rules.

Nice but yes I have the link so lets see here since you like to only post what works for you.

“Not that we haven’t grayshirted, or talked to guys about grayshirting,” Richt added. “If you tell five of those guys ‘Hey we’ve got 20 spaces. I can sign 25. There’s a good chance that by school starts there’ll be room for you, because of the attrition that happens every year everywhere you go. If there’s space for you, you come in with your class. If there’s not space for you, are you willing to come in in January? …

"If you tell them on the front end and they know that, everyone understands that, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. And that’s how we go about it if we’re going to talk to a guy about grayshirting.”

See CMR in his words says it is alright to oversign if the players are told upfront.

In regards to grayshirting again directly from CMR mouth.

Richt said Georgia usually has at least one player that grayshirts in every class. The public doesn’t even know about it, he added.

We know now, thanks CMR.

Bulldogs Blog: Richt slams what he calls 'winning at all costs in college football'

Again what ever makes you sleep better at night.

I see talk of grayshirting, which I don't have an issue with since the kid obviously does know the deal because he has to pay for that first semester at least, but I see nothing where Richt came anywhere nearing saying he thinks oversigning is ok.

Nathan Theus last year was supposed to be a greyshrit, until FSU offered him a scholly. No issue with that. I have an issue with signing too many and then cutting the "dead weight" like this is the NFL.

I think too many on the Georgia staff has this same attitute and it's going to come back and bite them. Not that I'm loosing any sleep over it.

FWIW, you guys are not in the best shape with Geno or Jenkins. UGA is pushing hard for some DB in New Jersey when you have guys like Geno in your back yard. Don't think he and others in state haven't noticed.

I didn't say that we were in the best shape with Jenkins (UF leads, UGA likely follows) and we will see about Geno. He is playing the game very well right now. You can rest assured that the staff knows exactly what they are doing, just look at that D class last year and that was Grantham's very first recruiting class. We are on Yuri, Holsey too, but not ignoring Geno and I highly doubt he is going to hate UGA because we also recruited Yuri. Yuri can play S too. We are looking for about 4 DBs this year. I don't expect those guys would have much issue playing together, tbh.

The only guys we have lost so far, that it is a blow to lose, are guys we had no real chance with anyway. Eligwe was leaving the state from the beginning, he just didn't want to stay home. As I said in the earlier post, Kirby was going to Miami as soon as they offered regardless. I will give you that Quniteze is a player we could have used, but we won't have the room in the end anyway and L. Jefferson is another that was going to leave the state regardless. Nobody else that has committed to a school out of state is a big loss. Not Mann, not Ball, not Drake, not Lee, not Taylor, not Greene, not Hood, not Holloman, not Cross, not Sealand, not Tookes. D.J. White going to USF could be if we get far enough down the DB board to need him...although I think he can be taken from USF. I feel like I am talking to a bunch of third-graders the way I have to keep explaining this.

Do keep in mind that most of the elite guys aren't going to name UGA a leader, even if we are the team they want, until we have proven on the field that we are going in the right direction with the current staff. If that doesn't happen, all bets are off and nobody has any idea what direction this class will go. So until we prove on the field that this ship has turned around, don't expect to hear us leading for top recruits (except Marshall).

It is a long way to NSD and commits are just words until that LOI is faxed, so I am honestly not overly worried where we stand with guys who aren't announcing until NSD or the AA games.

Mr. Erk's Headbutt dropping the knowledge.

Da*n good post. It pretty much sums up the feelings of all logical UGA fans.

georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about

georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares aboutgeorgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about

georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about

georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about georgia football info that nobody cares about

fyp

You guys don't get it and neither do your coaches and its all good to me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's all "good to me" too. I'm okay with CMR's record against the SEC and UT. You can't win them all but I think Richt has done a pretty good job overall.

I'm in Gwinnett too man, Lawrenceville in the house. You're probably one of those guys with that Orange T flag in your front yard.:)

You're okay with his record vs. The SEC? Those are two of your biggest rivals and his record against Florida is abysmal and he's only 6-4 against UT and Auburn. It's not impressive.

Last edited:
You're okay with his record vs. UT and Florida? Those are two of your biggest rivals and his record against Florida is abysmal and I think he owns one game on UT. One game.

Are you a UT guy or a UF guy?

Last time I checked UF has beat on UT just as much as us. UF owned just about everybody the last decade.

VN Store

Back