The All Things Cycling Thread

A trainer will be my next cycling related purchase. It might be a while before I get one. I kind of need to stop spending money on bike stuff and fix my car.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Id like to get one but I want one that links with a laptop/tv with real world course. Of course I don't want to spend $500-600 so I haven't bought it.

thats exactly what i want. do they only run through a computer do you know? would be a sound investment for staying in shape during the winter.

thats exactly what i want. do they only run through a computer do you know? would be a sound investment for staying in shape during the winter.

Not sure think it runs via laptop. You could connect your laptop to the tv with an hdmi cable.

i saw a deal online, not sure if its still made, but called the Game Bike. its a kit that you hook up to your bike while on the trainer, that plugs into a playstation or xbox. you can play driving games and pedal for gas and turns using handlebars. interesting concept..

In the middle of a night ride right now and have stopped halfway for beer and food. Life is good. Beer is on the store owner, too. :)

Got 50 miles in yesterday. Rode out from house almost to the coast and back. It was a struggle. Going to be a long day next Sunday.

I'm about to head out on the bike. I have no idea where I'm going, how far I'm going, or how long it'll take. It's going to be a great day. There's not a cloud in the sky.

I don't have a cyclocomputer yet, but I'd estimate 30 miles and a whole lot of wind. Not once did I ever get the aide of the wind at my back. My bike needs some more derailleur adjustment, it's annoying when it doesn't go into gear all the way. But I enjoyed myself, and the eye candy, too.

great ride to the beach and back. Took a three hour break to play with dog and daughter. Beautiful day!!! Oops, forgot 39.4 miles.

Knew you had one scheduled. Didn't realize it was this soon. If you survive the swim, its all good from there.

Knew you had one scheduled. Didn't realize it was this soon. If you survive the swim, its all good from there.

Did 1.3 miles in the pool last weekend. Swim should be ok. Gonna be a bear again towards the end of the ride and then the run.

Swim is my weak link. Always one of the last ones out of the water. Decided this off season I'm gonna commit to being able to swim 2 miles so next year I can do a tri right.

Ho- FYI there is a short tri over here at Madeira Beach on the 21st. It will be my first, nervous about the swim but since it's my first; my goal is to finish, just not last.

tried biking to my jobsite this weekend. got out of bed and right on my bike. biked about 70% of the way at a feverish pace,and gassed out after climbing the biggest hill. could have rested a minute and finished easily but i got discouraged and turned back. did a million things wrong starting with biking with cold muscles. :/

Ho- FYI there is a short tri over here at Madeira Beach on the 21st. It will be my first, nervous about the swim but since it's my first; my goal is to finish, just not last.

How far is it? Have yet to do a triathlon in the ocean.

Last edited:
tried biking to my jobsite this weekend. got out of bed and right on my bike. biked about 70% of the way at a feverish pace,and gassed out after climbing the biggest hill. could have rested a minute and finished easily but i got discouraged and turned back. did a million things wrong starting with biking with cold muscles. :/

If you got 70% of the way, why did you turn around to ride even further back? Riding at a feverish pace was the downfall. I always warm up for the first 5 minutes of a ride, then speed up a lot.

Wouter Weylandt of Team Leopard Trek died today during a descent crash at the Giro d Italia. I had the pleasure of meeting him two years ago at a criterium in Chicago. Incredible man. It's a sad day for the sport and really puts life into perspective. He died doing what he loved.

VN Store

Back