Since when did the NAACP become pro moslem??

How does that impact truth whatsoever? Where are the mass protests in 99% Muslim countries because Christians were oppressed?

Every major Christian leader or denomination in this country that I am aware of consistently condemns acts of violence in the name of Christianity. There is absolutely NO support for it from anyone who takes the NT serious.

Oh, I thought since you said it was "decidedly" not true, you had some frame of reference or direct experience with Islam. Sorry, my mistake.

What? Muslims have been oppressing non-muslims and particularly Christians in the Sudan for years. It is a crisis.

I know missionaries in Nigeria. There is already sporatic conflicts as Islam spreads south with coercive conversion.

I will not object that for many years in the Sudan and in Nigeria, Christians were repressed by Muslim majorities. However, that should not justify the resort to violence...should it?

If you believe this then you are lying to yourself... if not, you are lying to everyone.

You cannot read the NT or the whole Bible in context and derive the position that a Christian can use violence to impose Christianity.

If you have in fact read it then you know his charges are true and you are engaging in diversion.

If you take the Koran literally, yes it is very violent. If you take the NT literally, it is also violent. Christ came to bring the sword, light the world on fire, bring division not peace, and, in the words of Luke, the path to heaven is through violence.

Pretty ****ing convenient. "If you're a bad guy, you're not a Christian. But all bad guy Muslims are perfect representations of their evil twisted faith."

That's just profound. Thanks for clearing it all up.

How can you NOT understand the point?

If were talking about medical researchers and voodoo doctors, you would obviously say a medical researcher uses the scientific method to perform experiments that create medicine. That's what defines them. They are defined by method and result.

A voodoo doctor is also defined by method and result.

Would you ever equate their methods or results just because both claim to cure disease?

Both Islam and Christianity propose to convert the world. They both prescribe a method for doing it but those methods are radically different. One OK's violence or coercion... the other prohibits both.

Even in Islam's most benign, "fundamental" form, it advocates theocracy.

Before you start constructing your strawman, I am NOT saying that every convert to Islam is forced nor every profession to Christianity is free. I am pointing to the ideals expressed in the books (methods) that define each religion.

Last edited:
I will not object that for many years in the Sudan and in Nigeria, Christians were repressed by Muslim majorities. However, that should not justify the resort to violence...should it?
No. The NT forbids it even in response to violence.

If you take the Koran literally, yes it is very violent. If you take the NT literally, it is also violent. Christ came to bring the sword, light the world on fire, bring division not peace, and, in the words of Luke, the path to heaven is through violence.

That is not the normal reading of the text and you full well know it. Where btw in those passages are Christians commanded to act violently toward those who oppress them?

The normal reading of those passages in the Koran do command or allow violence.

You aren't going to dispute this are you?

Oh, I thought since you said it was "decidedly" not true, you had some frame of reference or direct experience with Islam. Sorry, my mistake.

So the reports from ministries like the Voice of Martyrs who in fact speak with oppressed people do not count, right? The direct reports of missionaries don't count, right? The recent estimates that 75% of all those being persecuted in the world are suffering for their faith in Christ with most of them oppressed by Muslims do not count, right?

Close your eyes if you want... the evidence is there, validated, and falsifiable.

Oh... why did you evade my questions? Where is the proof or anything remotely like proof that countries made up of a small Christian minority have masses of Muslims standing up to secure their religious freedom?

So the reports from ministries like the Voice of Martyrs who in fact speak with oppressed people do not count, right? The direct reports of missionaries don't count, right? The recent estimates that 75% of all those being persecuted in the world are suffering for their faith in Christ with most of them oppressed by Muslims do not count, right?

Close your eyes if you want... the evidence is there, validated, and falsifiable.

Oh... why did you evade my questions? Where is the proof or anything remotely like proof that countries made up of a small Christian minority have masses of Muslims standing up to secure their religious freedom?

Only others require evidence. You just roll out whatever and it's "gospel," pardon the pun.

I've never claimed that Christians are not persecuted by Islam. My only issue is with you painting one billion people as all the same, but then making exception at will to whom you count as Christian. It's not an even playing field.

Frankly, all religion is by it's nature intolerant.

Where is the proof or anything remotely like proof that countries made up of a small Christian minority have masses of Muslims standing up to secure their religious freedom?

There exists a large amount of Christian Churches in the UAE.

Also, prior to our 2003 invasion of Iraq, the Chaldean population was protected and had more rights than the Shia Muslims.

Also, there are plenty of Lebanese Christians that have had rights under their government, while consistently caught in the crossfire between the Israeli's and Hezbollah, from time immemorial.

You procreated? Allah help us.

May a hundred camels pee in your pea patch!

gsvol says I'm making it all up. Guess you are too.

Of what you speak isn't about sex or about love and devotion, it is about domination of one animal over another.

I want a pound of what you're smoking if you think gs is handing anyone their ass on this board. If we took a poll on the nuttiest poster here, he'd win in a landslide.

It's also a joke that you seem to ignore just how many personal attacks he makes.

Some people have no ass to speak of and others are all ass from top to bottom so that's all you can hand them, you are a excellent example of one of the two or now that I think of it, possibly both.

Making personal attacks is all you do, you never produce anything other than your stoned, wacked out opinion, never once have you ever quoted any scholarly source for instance.

He unintentionally and consistently misspells many other words while trying to pass himself off as an intellectual.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It is you that claims to be the intellectual, not I.

BTW, being intellecual means being rational rather than emotional, not whether one once won a 5th grade spelling bee.

The obdurateness of your faulty analogies twisting of the facts is often so wrong it is sickening.

I don't know exactly why you threw this red herring into the conversation, you havn't refuted anything I posted.

That is decidedly NOT TRUE.

I mentioned that earlier, in that it is a complere lie.

That is just one of several false claims he has made in the thread and refused to try to back up.

Huh. An anti-Muslim rant by gsvol directed at the NAACP. How on Earth could anyone figure there was a racial agenda to that confluence of events?

Not so, I asked a simple question; what is the nexus between the NAACP and the moslems?

Care to answer that instead of accussing someone of having a racial motivation???

Could be a first for you.

Pretty ****ing convenient. "If you're a bad guy, you're not a Christian. But all bad guy Muslims are perfect representations of their evil twisted faith."

That's just profound. Thanks for clearing it all up.

Care to be more specific???

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to the virtues of the moslem faith????

I don't know how you come up with the crap you do but lets start with how you say the path to heaven is through violence according to Luke?

BTW, it wasn't repression it was genocide, something like 2 million black Christians have been slaughtered in southern Sudan, genocide is something the Turks won't even admit to after slaughtering 2 million Armenians, almost a million Greek Christians and nearly a million Assyrian Christians.

The moslems left the twentieth century littered with the bodies of what they call infiedels from central Africa to the Indian subcontinent, throughout the middle east and into southern Europe and you try to pretend it didn't happen.

Strange.

I don't know how you come up with the crap you do but lets start with how you say the path to heaven is through violence according to Luke?

Luke 16: 16-17
The law and the prophets lasted until John; but from then on the Kingdom of God is proclaimed, and everyone who enters does so with violence. It is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.

In these two verses, Jesus does two things, if one takes the Bible literally:

1. He declares that everyone who enters Heaven does so with violence (this is but a little over one chapter from where he declares that one must hate their mother and father to be his disciple, and three chapters from where he declares that he has come to set the earth on fire not to establish peace but rather division).

2. He states that the OT laws (which are incredibly violent) are still valid.

The moslems left the twentieth century littered with the bodies of what they call infiedels from central Africa to the Indian subcontinent, throughout the middle east and into southern Europe and you try to pretend it didn't happen.

Strange.

Hmm...so did Christians. WWI. WWII (do you think the majority of Germans were not either Lutherans or Catholics?) The vast majority of Americans, in the 1940s, considered America a "Christian Nation" and we firebombed civilians in Dresden and Tokyo.

Maybe we can talk about the atrocities committed in South America during their wars for independence. Those people are not Muslims. Nope, they are Christians.

To act like violence in the twentieth century was only perpetrated, and perpetrated most severely, by Muslims is outrageous and ignorant.

And yes, Muslim would qualify under the literal definition as a "race" of people, as would Christians, etc.

I could, but looks like we have more than enough folks here to keep that base covered.

We do on the other side too as per the names I mentioned.

Just admit it. You saw an opening to attack him and went for it.

And yes, Muslim would qualify under the literal definition as a "race" of people, as would Christians, etc.

Wow. You are stetching the word race pretty freakin far. By that definition, my drinking buddies would qualify as a race or the people on PS3 that I play COD with would be a race.

When I start seeing 10-20 threads per page in this forum attacking the Christian faith as a whole and calling it one of the great dangers in the world, I will send it the other way.

Wow. You are stetching the word race pretty freakin far. By that definition, my drinking buddies would qualify as a race or the people on PS3 that I play COD with would be a race.

Not really. Go look it up with Oxford or Websters then apply context. If you still have issue with it, take it up with them.

I call bs on your pluralization of "buddy" - and why give booze to a ferret, anyway?

Not really. Go look it up with Oxford or Websters then apply context. If you still have issue with it, take it up with them.

"Any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race."

If this is the part you are using to base Muslim as a race, I would still have to disagree. An american Muslim and a ME Muslim don't have the same language, history, or cultural traits. Religions crosses the race barrier.

I call bs on your pluralization of "buddy" - and why give booze to a ferret, anyway?

Because if I don't he looks at me funny with that "come on give me just a lil taste" look until I finally cave in.

He does a mean James Cagney too. Makes me laugh everytime. But he changes the rat part to ferret because well he's a ferret.

If that's how you'd like to characterize it, fine.

FWIW I describe myself of Christian faith, and still attend church when I can (though I have 9-5 work on Sundays), don't bring this bias crap around. gs's "o noez we oughta be scurred of all da sand ppl and all da moslems!" BS is what populates the board, so it's what I respond to.

VN Store

Back