Wilcox staying in Knoxville

How many of us honestly believe he 1) Had an offer from Texas? and/or 2) Chose to stay at UT over that offer?

IMO, Wilcox was not the first option and they have someone else in line already.

Interesting the way he put it to Volquest, especially since Texas offered someone else two days ago, but is waiting until that person's bowl game is over to make the announcement.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

LWS I don't contribute often on here but I am AMAZED at how often you are correct or have info way before a press release.....I'm sure you have been asked may many times and maybe you aren't comfortable telling me but how and when did you become so close to our athletic dept??

Even if I can't get an answer thank you for all your information

Long time donor and season ticket holder and have many, many friends within Athletic Department and many more outside AD that get information also. Been doing this message board stuff since the 90s so have built a large network of sources.

cliff notes version..

thank god. we need coaching stability.

plus i really think wilcox will be great given time to recruit players who fit his system as well as having current players gain a better grasp of his system. given what he has had to work this season i have been pretty impressed except for maybe the uga game; however, we turned the ball over like crazy in that game. this is good news.

Just got a tweet from Volnation about this. It is great news!

Last year, Auburn's staff is the only one in the SEC that completely stuck together. They didn't turn out so bad.

Go Vols!!!

I still believe there are likely some changes to staff after signing day... we will see but does feel that way to me

I'm about to start a completely baseless rumor...

Miami (OH) just hired Michigan St's OC. Some tweets I've seen say that MSU MIGHT target Coach Baggett...

Let the fun begin. :)

Thanks Larry. I for one am glad he is staying and hopefully he is the DC when the season starts next fall. I thought our defense was pretty solid consider some of the personnel and depth issues Wilcox had to work with. Also, our players had to learn yet another defensive scheme. I am anxious to see what he does with another recruiting class or two.

What I get out of this is he expects good things to happen on Rocky Top. Finally, someone who isn't JUST about the mighty dollar, though I'm sure he gets a raise. What ever happened to the coaches that stay because they want to win? I have yet to see a hearse dragging a vault behind it. Live life, have fun and WIN as much as you can.

I still believe there are likely some changes to staff after signing day... we will see but does feel that way to me

Hey Cuz! Are the two coaches still buttin' heads and do you think it will be one of them? Where did you sit last night?

Long time donor and season ticket holder and have many, many friends within Athletic Department and many more outside AD that get information also. Been doing this message board stuff since the 90s so have built a large network of sources.

cliff notes version..

Well thank you for the information!!!

Kingston VOL....That is not even FUNNY!!! Our running game is a joke at best we should give Baggett the keys to K-town just so we don't have to deal with a rumor regarding him, he coaches our offense!!

VN Store

Back