This has been an excellent coaching job by....

And I never stated, as VolDad implied, that CBP built the facilities brick by brick or was solely responsible for them. Bottom line is that without the excitement he brought back to the program, a lot of these facility improvements don't get funded.

Like what?

Pearl was the coach when a major amount of the funding was raised. Is he solely responsible for facility upgrades - No. Does he deserve some credit - sure. His success has brought in more funding that back to back women's national championships did.

I absolutely agree. His success has made MH's job much easier.

I think I'll just walk away from this one. We can just agree to disagree here.

I am not disagreeing with you. I am just trying to figure out if I am talking to a member of the finance or planning committee; or a fan making stuff up?

I am not disagreeing with you. I am just trying to figure out if I am talking to a member of the finance or planning committee; or a fan making stuff up?

There's no way to tell whether the funding would have happened under a new coach other than Pearl. I can say with confidence that the $'s wouldn't have been there under Green or Buzz. With the additional revenue from fans, concessions, and boosters, it has made it easier to fund projects. However, that certainly could have happened with another coach who brought the excitement that Pearl brought. But to say that CBP had NOTHING or even very little to do with the funding for the basketball improvements is idiotic.

So without Pearl's success Pratt Pavillion doesn't get funded. How do you know that?

How do you know that it does get funded without his success? I cant believe you are still railing on a coach that has been to the sweet 16 - 4 of the last 6 years.

Anything to do with positive praise of Pearl you seem to disagree with. I agree with the poster without Pearlyou dont have ALL the upgrades in the facilities.

There's no way to tell whether the funding would have happened under a new coach other than Pearl. I can say with confidence that the $'s wouldn't have been there under Green or Buzz. With the additional revenue from fans, concessions, and boosters, it has made it easier to fund projects. However, that certainly could have happened with another coach who brought the excitement that Pearl brought. But to say that CBP had NOTHING or even very little to do with the funding for the basketball improvements is idiotic.

When did I say that?

Anything to do with positive praise of Pearl you seem to disagree with. I agree with the poster without Pearlyou dont have ALL the upgrades in the facilities.

No I disagree with anyone putting the man above the University of Tennessee; which is how this started.

No I disagree with anyone putting the man above the University of Tennessee; which is how this started.

Whatever. Just realize Pearl is UT as far as bball is concern. So I am comfortable with putting the man above the University of Tennessee. Regardless of what your idol Hatvol will tell you UT bball tradition was virtually nonexistent prior to Pearl. You still havent answered my question: How would you hire that is better than Pearl? That would actually come to UT?

Whatever. Just realize Pearl is UT as far as bball is concern. So I am comfortable with putting the man above the University of Tennessee. Regardless of what your idol Hatvol will tell you UT bball tradition was virtually nonexistent prior to Pearl. You still havent answered my question: How would you hire that is better than Pearl? That would actually come to UT?

The Fan Club Manifesto.

Regarding "nonexistent tradition," before Bruce Pearl, our greatest success in the tournament was the Sweet 16. It still is...

And for 2+ mil, it wouldn't be that hard to find someone at least as good...

I gave you 4 names when you asked for 1. But regardless, you will say they suck or wouln't come - with no basis in fact. Like most of your post.

another post season like this one...and Bill Self might be available,KU is never satisfied with 2nd round flame outs and sweet 16s.

I gave you 4 names when you asked for 1. But regardless, you will say they suck or wouln't come - with no basis in fact. Like most of your post.

What basis in fact do you have that those names would come to UT? I think the football coach search indicates big names don't automatically come to big programs/big money.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would follow that by saying: a) fear of getting a replacement is no reason to keep a bad head coach, and b) CBP has a ton of equity to burn before his job is in any danger.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Regarding "nonexistent tradition," before Bruce Pearl, our greatest success in the tournament was the Sweet 16. It still is...

And for 2+ mil, it wouldn't be that hard to find someone at least as good...

Well that is about to change. ..... You do realize we had three sweet sixteen trips prior to Pearl we now have a total of six in his five seasons here.

Please tell me who they were I really need a good laugh right now. I cant even believe we are having this conversation as UT is on its third trip in five years to the sweet sixteen. The fact you are even suggesting a new coach amazes me.

Well that is about to change. ..... You do realize we had three sweet sixteen trips prior to Pearl we now have a total of six in his five seasons here.

And it's still the furthest we've ever gotten...hasn't changed...Bruce Pearl hasn't taken us to any "new heights" above what, for example, Jerry Green achieved. If and when he does, then people can start bowing at his feet...not after we beat an Ohio team that had a losing record in the MAC...

Last edited:
And it's still the furthest we've ever gotten...hasn't changed...Bruce Pearl hasn't taken us to any "new heights" above what, for example, Jerry Green achieved. If and when he does, then people can start bowing at his feet...not after we beat an Ohio team that had a losing record in the MAC...

I didnt realize Jerry Green had taken us to three sweet 16's in five years. Wow thanks for pointing that out. Also, I didnt realize that Jerry Green took us to the tournament five straight years, establish a nationally recognized program, and over achieve with not that great of talent. All I ever saw Jerry Green do was take some great recruits and achieve mediocre results. Dont discount the fact that Pearl has reached the sweet 16 four of the last 6 years. What other coaches have done that you might ask:

Mike Krzyzewski, Tom Izzo, Roy Williams, John Calipari, and Jay Wright.

Pretty good company especially given the fact he did this at UT and UMW.

Stick to the football boards or better yet just dont post at all.

Six out of five people have trouble with fractions.

Again........I am not responsible for your lack of reading comprehension. That is your fourth grade teacher's fault. I am sure you can catch her in the hallway tomorrow at school if you want to complain to someone.

Read the entire post again......this time focus on the first half of the post. Let me help....prior to pearl we had three trips. Now we have six trips.....this means Pearl has taken us three times to the sweet 16 in 5 years. Understand? I know you dont always get things so let me know and we can go over it again.

VN Store

Back