Worst football program in the state?

has Crockett ever been to the playoffs?

Most the time, a victory over Daniel Boone is all that is required for them to have a successful season.

I was going to say Crockett. I played back in the late 80's for them and we never won a game. We got ran over in every game. Urg.

Gibbs hasnt had a winning season or more than 4 wins since 1999

:post-4-1090547912:

LOL I was waiting on Gibbs to come up in this!!! :shaking2:

So far so good this year!!!

Grainger 14 Gibbs 60
Gibbs 38 Claiborne 36

2-0!! That 98 points has to be close to the most they have scored in the past 3-4 years!!

Last edited:
I know this is an older thread, but just to bring up the obvious poll winner from this thread, didn't Red Boiling Springs win their 1st game in '09?

Someday....someday I'll be the head coach at Red Boiling Springs and people will forget that they were ever mentioned on this thread.

In Ohio, there's a couple of brutal ones. Grove City HS had some real good teams in the late 1990s until a new high school (Central Crossing) was built. Grove City hasn't done jack since, but Central Crossing is hideously bad. Their records since the team started have been:
2008 -- 1-9
2007 -- 1-9
2006 -- 2-8
2005 -- 2-8
2004 -- 2-8
2003 -- 3-7
2002 -- 0-10
Overall -- 9-61

Probably the worst, though, is Sebring McKinley.
2008 -- 0-10
2007 -- 1-9
2006 -- 0-10
2005 -- 1-9
2004 -- 1-9
2003 -- 1-9
2002 -- 0-10
2001 -- 0-9
2000 -- 0-10
Overall this decade -- 4-75
W-L record of the teams that they've beaten -- 3-36

Funny thing is that my uncle is a McKinley grad, and last year he asked me about how their team was (since he lives in Michigan now). I said, "Oh, I think they're 3-67 this decade." Without batting an eye, he said, "Well, I guess some things never change."

Hope you don't mind, but I'll use your post as a template for Sebring McKinley.

4-75 over the last nine years, last win was week 2 of 2007. In the seven years I can find records for, 28 shutouts, 40% of their games. 2895 pts against and 570 pts for during that span for an average score of 41-8.

Points for and against over this decade:
2000 -- can't find
2001 -- can't find
2002 -- 38:405 (5 shutouts)
2003 -- 94:454 (2 shutouts)
2004 -- 135:356 (3 shutouts)
2005 -- 80:464 (5 shutouts; 42 of the points for were in one game)
2006 -- 53:408 (5 shutouts)
2007 -- 51:349 (5 shutouts)
2008 -- 119:459 (3 shutouts)

Is the only real difference between these schools the length of time that it's been since the last win?

PS -- To demonstrate that this is nothing new, McKinley holds the 7th-longest losing streak in state history....and it was 43 games from 1985-1990.

To give a quick couple of updates:

Central Crossing has no football team after the school board chopped extracurricular activities.

Sebring McKinley is 1-4 so far on the young season (a 13-12 win over a 2-3 team). They've been outscored 186-52 on the year.

That makes them 5-89 so far in this decade with five games left to go.

White County can't keep a good coach. The powers to be run all the good ones off, cause they have money and their kid doesn't start. I played from 92 to 96 and I had 4 coaches in 4 years. All the coaches wanted to bring their systems in all of them were different ! Plus we where in a class with Murfreesboro . Cause the girl's basketball team want to play Shelbyville every year. We also had to play both ways! We had 30 kids on the sideline , mufreesboro would have 60 plus.

I'm currently a student at WCHS, and, to be honest, I thought this new coach might turn things around a little bit. It doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon, though.

I am an alum of Cocke County High School & i have always supported the athletics there. I went to every single game while i attended from 02-06 & i still make my way over to Hedrick Field for all the home games but i must say & this is now way suppose to be disrespectful to the kids that play football there but we have to be the worse football program in the state of Tennessee.

Here are the records for the past 5 years:

2008: 0-10 - No Playoffs. Closes game a 28-7 loss to David Crockett

2007: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win was against Volunteer 20-19

2006: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win against South Greene 14-7

2005: 1-9 - No Playoffs. Only win against David Crockett 34-14

2004: 3-7 - No Playoffs. Wins against Seymour (16-6),
Knox. Carter (27-18), David Crockett (21-7)

2003: 2-8 - No Playoffs. Wins against South Greene (39-0), David Crockett (39-14)

The last time we went to the playoffs was 2001 & we lost to Tennessee High in the first round. They dress an average of 30 kids every year on the team. Does anyone know of a program worse than this?

They beat my alum Union Co a coupel of weeks ago lol. I think it snapped their 22 game losing streak. Ha

That's it. I'm putting South-Doyle in there. We lost to freaking Cocke County 12-6 on Friday. 0-10 looks increasingly likely.

To give a quick couple of updates:

Central Crossing has no football team after the school board chopped extracurricular activities.

Sebring McKinley is 1-4 so far on the young season (a 13-12 win over a 2-3 team). They've been outscored 186-52 on the year.

That makes them 5-89 so far in this decade with five games left to go.

To follow up....

Sebring McKinley finished 5-94 on the decade. On the year, they were outscored 308-66, which is one of the best showings they've had in years.

RBS has won 2 games this year,and as for my team,we play pearl-cohn in the 1st round friday if anyone cares

We play a team in the playoffs Friday that went 1-9. They have to be a candidate for worst playoff team in national history.

Copper Hill(Basin) made the playoffs.... but they had to play the worst teams in the tri-state area to get a winning record.

RBS hands down. My Senior year we played them the week after we hung 91 up on Monteray and there coach said they would forefeit the game after we arrived if we didnt play them 8 minute quarters. Our coach comes in and tells us change of plan boys we will be playing the first team this week and killing these guys we hung 70 on them in * min quarters. I think in my 4 years playing them we outscored them by 200 to 0 margain.

BTW cwil the Owls sucks just kidding bro some intense games in our rivarly. Never forget the fight on the creekbank after Jamboree game.

Richland in middle TN has become a bottom dweller. They even got beat (bad) by cornersville.

Is Cornersville still that bad? We scrimmaged them at football camp my feshman year. Our freshman squad against their varsity. We had them down 35 to 0 after the 1st qtr.

I have to say my team has went from a powerhouse to a powderpuff! Portland went 0-10 this year the first time ever in 89 yrs of football. We have only won 3 games in the past 3 seasons. We need a coach bad, it has turned into a joke since Roger Perry left for Mt. Juliet. RBS could have took us this year.

As a Maryville fan there is no way I put Heritage in this discussion. Heritage may not have the best record there is. But! All those Maryville kids told me that Heritage will knock your block off. For years Heritage and William Blount had to play Oak Ridge,Farragut,Ooltewah,Soddy Daisy,Maryville and until recently Alcoa. Those are tough teams. The coach at Heritage needs to recruit all those big farm boys that go to Heritage that don't play football. I graduated from Maryville High School in 1982. When I was in school Heritage was tough. Heritage used to whip Central and Austin East every year.

VN Store

Back